Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 questions about current Prime system

Serafim_94

Question

First question - how does keysharing (or, in this case, relicsharing) work now?

Second, what is current status of vaulted frames? This update was supposed to finally get rid of Vault concept, yet, here Mag prime is, marked as limited time only. I can only assume other vaulted stuff remains unavailable?

Edited by Serafim_94

6 answers to this question

Keysharing works good now. Those who don't have relics don't get to choose Prime items at the end of the mission. So if only the 3 of you brings relics to the mission, only 3 rewards will be there to choose from, and the one guy who didn't bring his one gets nothing.

No official word about the vaulted stuff, though.

5 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

First question - how does keysharing (or, in this case, relicsharing) work now?

Keysharing is gone.  But in its place is a weaker, mandatory form of keysharing.   Before, each person contributed a key, you ran four mission, and you got four rewards.  Now, each person is forced to contribute a relic, you run a single mission, you get to pick from one of one of four possible rewards.  

Good if you're farming for a particular part: you need fewer runs, but you're still dependent on the honor system as each person has to use the same relic.  

Mostly bad if you're Ducat farming: you can no longer get four parts with a single key, but if you have the Ducat price list in front of you then you can still make up some of the losses by always picking the highest Ducat item.

11 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Second, what is current status of vaulted frames? This update was supposed to finally get rid of Vault concept, yet, here Mag prime is, marked as limited time only. I can only assume other vaulted stuff remains unavailable?

As far as I know it was never official stated that blowing up the void would lead to the end of the prime vault.  Lots of people just kind of made that assumption.

The vaulted stuff is still currently vaulted, but that won't last too much longer I don't think.

Each relic has a letter and number code associated with it, so as more primes become available all that needs to be done is to add more relics to the pool.

Now we just need a reliable way to farm for specific relics...

4 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

First Four people, four chances at what you want but you can only have one item.

Second No it wasn't that was a wish on Steve's part and we took it as ITS GUNNA UNVAULT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG

It was rather strongly implied that the vaulted primes would be available again shortly after the change. I'll try to be patient, I've gone this long without a few of them I can go a bit longer. But to now be forever unable to play to earn those few items I missed and be forced to pay for them? I don't think that's what DE has in mind.

Edited by FLSH_BNG