Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some resources are way too far for new players now

GilgaMelchi

NB : [Earth -> Mars] junction requires "Once Awaken" which is unlocked after completing the [Venus -> Mercury] junction
NB2 : [Mars -> Ceres] junction requires to defeat the boss of Phobos
NB3 : [Ceres -> Jupiter] junction requires to finish "The Archwing" which requires control modules, which are only obtainable in the Void
NB4 : [Jupiter -> Saturn] junction requires "The New Strange" quest, which is obtained by finishing the [Jupiter -> Europa] junction
NB5 : [Jupiter -> Europa] junction requires specters to craft, Vapor and Phase specters require Nano Spores which are only obtainable on Saturn
Note that NB4 and NB5 are quite contradictory, the only way to circumvent this is by acquiring Force Specters (which I'm not even sure we can acquire before Saturn).

So with all these data, here are some long paths new players will have to cross to acquire some of these resources :

Argon Cristals = 5 junctions : [ Earth -> Venus -> Mercury -> Mars -> Phobos -> Void] (but Phobos -> Void doesn't have any requirement to activate a rail)

Control Modules = 5 junctions like argon cristals

Neural Sensors = 7 junctions : [Earth -> Venus -> Mercury -> Mars -> Phobos -> Ceres -> Void -> Jupiter]

Nano Spores = 9 junction : [Earth -> Venus -> Mercury -> Mars -> Phobos -> Ceres -> Void -> Jupiter -> Europa -> Saturn]

I'm rank 21 (almost 22) so this is not a complain about myself, I already have access to all these, but I can't help but imagine how distressful new players will be (if we put asides the unachievable bugged junctions which will be fixed soon enough)

Edited by GilgaMelchi

As a new player who started playing a few days before this update I kinda agree.

Right now I'm stuck on Mars because whenever I have time to sit down and play the Lith fissures are in the void which means I can no longer progress through the star map. I've wanted to craft a sonicor ever since I reached the rank for it, but I can't because I need argon crystals and they only seem to be in the void. Actually I need argon crystals for so many things I want to make, but I can't get off Mars.

6 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

I was sick of new players trying to outfit themselves with advanced weaponry off the bat. I like these changes.

Earn your S#&$, Tenno.

You do realize that some of these resources are mandatory for some really basic equipments?

Like Control Modules for Sentinels and warframes, and Argon Cristals for Kubrows.

And especially Neural Sensors for every warframe neuroptics. Which means new players will have to achieve seven friggin junctions before they can craft their second warframe in the game. That's almost half of the starchart.

Now of course they can still ask for pick-ups, but then it means the amount of PU will increase drastically compared to before.

Edited by GilgaMelchi

I farmed control modules for my first sentinel from regular planet drops. Were they removed? Cuz I'm pretty sure they're still there.

With how much people complained that thus game's content ran dry too quickly, I fail to see how making things more long-term goal-oriented is a bad thing for the game's health.

39 minutes ago, GilgaMelchi said:

Neural Sensors = 6 junctions

They mentioned on a devstream once or twice they might redistribute the resources amongst the planets more evenly.  If that happens this won't (shouldn't, hopefully) be quite as much of an issue anymore.

Until then, get taxis is my best solution to this problem.

33 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

I farmed control modules for my first sentinel from regular planet drops. Were they removed? Cuz I'm pretty sure they're still there.

With how much people complained that thus game's content ran dry too quickly, I fail to see how making things more long-term goal-oriented is a bad thing for the game's health.

Places for drops:

Neptune. (way too far)

Europa. (locked behind Jupiter, and a new Strange quest)

Void.( closest on Phobos)

Edited by -InV-igo95862

Forward: Neural Sensors likely needs to be moved up to Mars or Phobos. Both of which drop Morphic, which is also dropped on Mercury. So that's 3 drops for a Warframe building critical part.

We also have a some early resource duplication, for example:

• Ferrite (Mercury, Earth)
  • Polymer Bundles (Mercury, Venus)

Which could make room for Nano Spores.

=====

This is a good analysis but can be taken to go further. 

Are the items Relay rewards build-able, can they be completed with access to the areas they have?

Spoiler

• Earth to Venus: Furis BP
    • Maybe. No drops for Salvage. Junction is supposed to give 500, Furis requires 400.
  • Venus to Mercury: Boltor BP
    • Maybe. No drops for Salvage. Junction is supposed to give 3000, Boltor requires 900.
  • Earth to Mars: Fragor BP
    • Yes
  • Mars to Phobos: Kraken BP
    • Yes.
  • Mars to Ceres: Vulkar BP
    • Yes.
  • Ceres to Jupiter: Amphis BP
    • Yes.
  • Jupiter to Europa: Cestra BP
    • No. No drops for Nano Spore.
  • Jupiter to Saturn: Penta BP
    • Yes.
  • Saturn to Uranus: Lecta BP, Chroma Neuroptics BP
    • Yes. Lecta
    • Yes. Chroma Neuroptics
  • Uranus to Neptune: Gammacor, Chroma Chassis BP
    • Yes. Gammacor
    • Yes. Chroma Chassis
  • Neptune to Pluto: Drakgoon BP, Chroma Systems BP
    • Yes. Drakgoon BP
    • No. Chroma Systems BP. No drop for Saryn Systems BP
  • Pluto to Senda: Fang BP
    • Yes.
  • Pluto to Eris: Mire BP
    • Yes.

We can also extend this to Boss Drops. Which mostly stops being an issue at Jupiter, because Neural Sensors.  

Spoiler

• Vor (Mercury): Seer (Orokin Cells)
    • Yes. Orokin Cells, however rare, drop from all bosses.
  • Jackel (Venus): Rhino
    • No. No drops for Neural Sensors, Plastids, or Control Modules. 
  • Vey Hek (Earth): Hydroid (<---- Someone needs to check if Hek is still Mastery Rank Locked!)
    • No. No drops for Nano Spores, Control Modules, or Argon.
  • Lech Kril (Mars): Frost
    • No. No drops for Neural Sensors or Plastids.
  • The Sergeant (Phobos): Mag
    • No. No drops for Neural Sensors.
  • Vor and Kril (Ceres): Miter, Trinity
    • Yes. Miter.
    • No. Trinity. No drops for Neural Sensors.
  • Alad V (Jupiter): Valkyr
    • Yes.

=====

Phobos especially is an interesting case. Keep in mind it was slotted in later during development, and it was given Morphic and Rubedo because those were only on some fairly low level farming spots, or very high level.

Earth and Pluto. Then Phobos and Sedna.

Now with the reshuffle Star Char and free access to the Void (which also drops Rubedo). There really isn't a reason of Phobos to keep that resource.

All in all I think the case can be made to change Phobo's resources to:

• Nano Spores (was Rubedo)
  • Neural Sensors (was Morphics)
  • Plastids
  • Armor Plate

Lore wise "The Sergeant" is/was a trader in Cryopods. If DE keeps going with the connection between Warframes and Infested, it would be a good leap to make Phobos (the actual moon) a source of old Orokin tech that was over taken by the "Plague".

Phobos is also the first jumping off point to accessing The Void. Which is a good lore connection with Torsion Beam Generator sites. Is the  "The Sergeant"/Nef Anyo  raiding into the Void from Phobos? Is the Prophet of Profit scamming money to finance these operations?  

It also moves Warframe critical resources closer, but only requiring the Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Phobos Junctions to be opened. With only one or two Warframes back-logged to be built (Rhino, Frost). Assuming Hydroid and Vey Hek are still MR 5 locked. A minimum run only needs 16 mission nodes to open. Depending on how lucky one gets with Invasions and Fissures on Mars.

• Earth: 5
  • Venus: 7
  • Mars: 4

You don't even have to fight Kril at that point. Going into Phobos a player could have the Boltor, Kraken, and Fragor, which is not a bad weapon set.

The only major thing DE could to do help this process is to drop diction hits from Orids (actually make the cracked cube good for something), talking about Phobos. Or some other pointed Mission/Quest/Tutorial. Such lines could even be added to the Scanner, ya know that thing that all of us turned of with-in seconds after dialog started to loop.

Edited by Brasten

6 hours ago, DiosGX said:

Well there's always this thing called starter plat and the market.

The option is there. You either wait and progress or get what you want now. 

No. Just no.

Asking new players to stick with a starter frame when they will already have access the bosses required to build 5 other frames before they get their first neural sensor is a terrible idea.  That will drive people away.  Playing with the frame you want or trying new stuff out when you are just staring is what keeps people interested.  Now if a new player decides they do not like their starter they are stuck playing with it for at least 7 junctions.

Warframe is good because its not some micro transaction phone fruit slasher.  I and many others continue to support Warframe because I want to see them produce more content, not because they smack new players in the face with a paywall as soon as the game starts.  You know as well as I do that the starter plat should exclusively go towards weapon and warframe slots.

10 hours ago, DiosGX said:

I was sick of new players trying to outfit themselves with advanced weaponry off the bat. I like these changes.

Earn your S#&amp;&#036;, Tenno.

good they got advanced weapon but, still without a R7+ serration they won't go so far...

9 hours ago, DiosGX said:

Well there's always this thing called starter plat and the market.

The option is there. You either wait and progress or get what you want now. 

...the newer players allow warframe to grow too, don't forget that

I was 18th level and they took away everything, but earth. Both junctions off earth said I had not achieved any of the things I needed to get the junction. They would not even give me credit for a mod even though I had way over 10.