Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free To Play Weapons And Warframe Restriction

AGreatGuy

The game has the "free to play" feel but the major issue I've had is insufficient item and warframe slots. Having only 6 weapons at a time and only 2 warframes at a time feels very restricting. For a free to play person like me, I'd rather not spend money on something i don't have to. I believe making inventory slots purchasable for in-game credits would boost the free to play sense of the game.

(this is the only major conflict i have with warframe as it is the only thing you can't get with ingame credits/grinding)

The game has the "free to play" feel but the major issue I've had is insufficient item and warframe slots. Having only 6 weapons at a time and only 2 warframes at a time feels very restricting. For a free to play person like me, I'd rather not spend money on something i don't have to. I believe making inventory slots purchasable for in-game credits would boost the free to play sense of the game.

(this is the only major conflict i have with warframe as it is the only thing you can't get with ingame credits/grinding)

Dude "Free to Play" means they entice you to eventually pay for something.

Also that's what the 50 plat is for.

What do you mean only two warframes at a time? I have 7 and I didn't pay for any extra slots.

If you buy a frame it'll come with a slot.

What do you mean only two warframes at a time? I have 7 and I didn't pay for any extra slots.

I'm somewhat confused by this.  You start with 2 warframe slots, and you can buy 1 additional slot for 20 platinum.  Given 50 starting platinum, that means you can buy 2 extra slots for a total of 4.  How do you get the remaining three without paying anything?

Edit: I see someone mentioned that buying a frame gives you an extra slot, so my question may have been answered.

Edited by Xyren

U mad bro?!

You get 50 Platinum for free + you can buy 2 more slots.

I'm F2P player too but I will better save the Platinum for something important

I agree, inventory slots for plat is stupid, this should not be where theyre making the majority of their money anyway and gives the game a "nickel and dime" feature I dont like. Inventory limits should either be removed, or be able to be earned via gameplay, level progression, farming, alerts, buyable with credits as the OP suggested or something.

And yes I've spent money on the game.

I disagree, paying 6 plat for 1 weapon slot or 20 plat for 1 warframe slot isn't much...

20 pt = $1.33

Too much for something like an inventory slot.

Probably you'll get more slots with mastery ranks. But that's not confirmed at all.

You don't get anything but a number that goes up with every Mastery rank.

You don't get anything but a number that goes up with every Mastery rank.

DE has been *talking* about giving a warframe slot every 3 mastery ranks and a weapon slot every 2. Nothing has been officially confirmed by them and its been a while since they have mentioned it, but they have talked about it and that is all he is saying. Maybe they will eventually do it but who knows.

DE has been *talking* about giving a warframe slot every 3 mastery ranks and a weapon slot every 2. Nothing has been officially confirmed by them and its been a while since they have mentioned it, but they have talked about it and that is all he is saying. Maybe they will eventually do it but who knows.

There needs to be something earned with Mastery Ranks. It's really stupid to have to be tested just to rank up and then not recieving anything afterwards.

There needs to be something earned with Mastery Ranks. It's really stupid to have to be tested just to rank up and then not recieving anything afterwards.

If you are part of a clan doing the clan research you'll see that a lot of the weaponry there is mastery rank 7. That is your benefit of leveling up: using cool weapons like the clan tech.

If you are part of a clan doing the clan research you'll see that a lot of the weaponry there is mastery rank 7. That is your benefit of leveling up: using cool weapons like the clan tech.

The only weapons worth getting are Corpus, and even then they're just ok. This isn't really a reward for ranking up as much as it is unlocking a chance to get more exp.

Not that it really mattered to this discussion but I just have to say "by the time the clan I'm a member of has reached the ability to build those weapons I'll be mastery rank 10 or higher" ;)

Instead of inventory slots, maybe consider something like a perk system, I made a post about it yesterday... but in this forum threads get buried fast.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/67093-mastery-perks/

I'm somewhat confused by this.  You start with 2 warframe slots, and you can buy 1 additional slot for 20 platinum.  Given 50 starting platinum, that means you can buy 2 extra slots for a total of 4.  How do you get the remaining three without paying anything?

Edit: I see someone mentioned that buying a frame gives you an extra slot, so my question may have been answered.

He has more than 1 account.

Spend the 50 plat on unlocking two more warframe slots.  The 8 weapon slots ARE a teensy bit restrictive, but manageable.  2 rifles, 4 handguns, 2 swords, or 2 rifles, 3 handguns and 3 swords, or what have you.  NOTE:  Dualies count as two individuals.  

Yeah, you'll be cycling through weapons to play with them all.  Fortunately, chances are you are going to find favorites from each category.  Still, for a measly $5, the number of slots one can open is akin to legalized theft.

Edited by Littleman88

I understand that a lot of people play F2P games because they are free, but that being said, F2P games also need funding to make them better and bigger.   Companies don't and can't pour endless amounts of money into a beta game to satisfy those of you who refuse to pay for something you like enough to play repeatedly.  If you feel this is unfair, I can't help you, besides, $5 gets you 3 warframe slots and 2 weapon slots, with a remaining balance of 3 plat...  I mean come on, you can't support the game with $5???