Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now with more timetraveling added to the game can we look at the possibilities of having tennos operate warframes differently?

Mak_Gohae

The tenno are actually the passing napdream of a random man in Chicago who is currently being overworked and underpaid for his time in a consulting firm, Warframe is his plane of existence to exert his existisitential crises on. Warframes are actually microwave ramen cups and the Grinner happen to be his nagging coworkers. The transference link is his analogy for his never ending shift and his stressful eating. The artififacts happen to be images for his paychecks and the fissures a metaphor for his struggle in the office enviornment. 

You cant prove me wrong because this is how I envision my personal Warframe as and I suggest DE to add a third reality as Office daydreaming Tenno. We can do this cause the dream world can be manipulated with and the Second Dream exists so we can totally do this.

P.S The Corpus is actually that stupid kid Jimmy from accounting who keeps demanding you send your invoice report to him already.

Edited by PoopManZ

On 8/3/2016 at 4:36 PM, Mak_Gohae said:

That the Spartans are, in fact, sitting some where else controlling the armor. And i think that is possible for Halo 1-3, correct? Cause during those games we are never shown the inside of the Mjolnir.

This thread needs to be closed. I honestly thought Mak you were just really stubborn, but now I know you're just a troll.

Mak if you actually believe that in all 3 Halo games we were power armors not actual human Spartans, then you're as delusional as they come.

On 8/3/2016 at 4:36 PM, Mak_Gohae said:

The Halo equivalent is randomly saying that Mjolnir doesnt actually have Spartans inside.

I don't think you actually read my comment, otherwise you wouldn't have said this. Because this is what I was talking about. You are reinforcing my point.

1 hour ago, PoopManZ said:

The tenno are actually the passing napdream of a random man in Chicago who is currently being overworked and underpaid for his time in a consulting firm, Warframe is his plane of existence to exert his existisitential crises on. Warframes are actually microwave ramen cups and the Grinner happen to be his nagging coworkers. The transference link is his analogy for his never ending shift and his stressful eating. The artififacts happen to be images for his paychecks and the fissures a metaphor for his struggle in the office enviornment. 

You cant prove me wrong because this is how I envision my personal Warframe as and I suggest DE to add a third reality as Office daydreaming Tenno. We can do this cause the dream world can be manipulated with and the Second Dream exists so we can totally do this.

P.S The Corpus is actually that stupid kid Jimmy from accounting who keeps demanding you send your invoice report to him already.

This would be a much better story than what OP wants

On 5/8/2016 at 0:39 AM, Mak_Gohae said:

time traveling creates problems in stories where the author wants it to create problems.

The creators here can create a story where time traveling doesnt do anything because time traveling isnt real.

If it's not real, then you can't go to the past to wear the Warframe...

Also, even if Time-Traveling isn't a "real" thing, it doesn't mean it must be treated Illogicaly

Edited by Jicematoro

On 7/25/2016 at 5:29 PM, DatDarkOne said:

It could also mean that it is absent of Void energy or the essence of a Tenno controlling it. Kinda like how a person can be called a hollow shell due to serious brain damage. That's my take on it. :D

i guess that's possible.

On 7/26/2016 at 4:23 AM, Redthirst said:

Yes, he stopped because Tenno inside the room was able to control it. But it wasn't a proto-Warframe. It was created and tested for something else. The idea that Tenno could control them wasn't accepted yet, since it's implied that Davis from the story was the only one who thought it was true(and potentially released Proto-Rhino to test it).

So is it a proto-frame or it is something else? And what "something else" was it"

As for Mesa, it can be interpreted in several ways. Lotus could be allegorical here, meaning that without Tenno, Warframes are hollow shells that don't serve their purpose. Also, yet again, it was controlled by Alad V from what we know, same way he controlled Zanuka, same way Mutalist Alad can control a player with his collar.

As for Chroma, it was controlled by Arcane Machine, but we don't know about the exact nature of it. Still, it simply means that Warframes can be controlled by various means, not just via Transference.

i guess it can be read that way.

This doesn't necessarily means time travel. What it can mean is that each fissure leads to a different Tower, and those Towers were built in various Eras of Orokin Empire. However, the fissure links to a present-day Towers, it's just that some of them are older than others. If it would be actual time travel, no Corrupted would come out of them, since all Corrupted we see are those that got mind-controlled by the Neural Sentry after the Collapse of Orokin Empire.

Why doesnt it say it opens from towers in the present?

There's no reason to NOT put that down and instead clearly stated that tears are happening from different Orokin Eras.

On 7/26/2016 at 4:43 PM, BornWithTeeth said:

What exactly do you think this thread is going to achieve?

Having a dissuasion about adding the possibility of tenno in frames. And hoping that DE sees it and takes it into account.

Your arguments are being torn to shreds for giggles by other forum denizens,

Yes, that's the standard for forum posts.

Some one just threw out his idea that Tenshin is the Stalker. People are disagreeing with him and he just continues to reply and push his view. There doesnt seem to be an issue over there. Or all the other threads where some one posts an idea and people disagree.

and you have by now made multiple statements to the effect that you would simply discard the game's lore and narrative coherency if you could.

When have i said this?

Can you please quote all the statements when i saw i want to "discard lore and narrative coherency"?

I have consistently stated that the way this story would play out would have no effect on the current lore of the game.

Do you expect that DE will read your thread and say "Yes, we absolutely need to make a way to have both Tenno, as they are and as we have written them, and more traditional 'space marine' characters,"?

Sure.

But the tenno would not be traditional space marines cause the marines main power comes from the super armor. While it's the opposite in this game as the main power comes from the tenno. The Warframes just refine the power to a specific type. Stone for Atlas, electricity for Volt, ice for Frost.

6 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

So is it a proto-frame or it is something else? And what "something else" was it"

We don't know. However, it is apparent that the connection between proto-Rhino and Tenno wasn't a widespread theory. The point-of-view character is a scientist who was deeply involved into creating and experimenting on proto-Rhino, but he had no idea that Tenno were held in the same facility, or that anything could stop the beast. So it seemed like the creature was created and experimented upon for some other purpose, while one scientist(second character from that codex entry) got the idea that this beast might be linked to Tenno and released it in order to prove his theory.

9 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Why doesnt it say it opens from towers in the present?

There's no reason to NOT put that down and instead clearly stated that tears are happening from different Orokin Eras.

It can be interpreted both ways, but time travel makes it impossible for Corrupted to spawn, since Corrupted we have in the game are modern enemies.

1 hour ago, Redthirst said:

It can be interpreted both ways, but time travel makes it impossible for Corrupted to spawn, since Corrupted we have in the game are modern enemies.

Not to mention if it was timerifts, you would have you know Orokin Empire soldiers and units (and other warframes...) instead of the Corrupted Corpus, Grineer and Infested.

Edited by PoopManZ

17 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

time traveling creates problems in stories where the author wants it to create problems.

The creators here can create a story where time traveling doesnt do anything because time traveling isnt real.

Yet you claim that you care about the quality of narratives. 

What if I told you that the past, the present, and future exists, and have existed, simultaneously? And that by going into the past and changing the way events occurred, you simultaneously and instantly change the present?

If you cannot or refuse to wrap that around your head, you've no business discussing a narrative with time traveling that has any semblance of quality.

And here, I'll even throw you a lifeline. Or a noose, depend on how you look at it:

Let's assume that your time-traveling story does not create a paradox in which your present self no longer exist, meaning that you have effectively created an alternate universe that diverged from the original. You've managed to stuff your former self into a Warframe somehow, and you sit back, and watch yourself in the Warframe jumping around like the space ninja you've always wanted to be. A perfect end----

Wait a minute, something feels off. YOU are watching YOURSELF being a ninja in a Warframe, while YOU are still the forsaken kid sitting in YOUR Orbiter, remote piloting YOUR Warframe. That's right; since you are not a native entity within the new timeline you've created, whatever course of event you've created is not applied to YOU. How does it feel now, watching someone who's indistinguishable from you, yet not you, being everything you wanted to be, while you yourself is damned to stay the way you are until your existence eventually end as all things must? What will you do now? End yourself as you are unable to cope with the fact that someone is living the life you've always wanted, a life that you fought hard to achieve, yet cannot have? Or end "yourself" so that you would not have to deal with that? Either way, nothing has changed in regards to your state of existence: a kid with the power of the void, remote controlling a Warframe.

Can't win against causality my deluded friend.

People have repeatedly thrown in their arguments and evidence and the TC just keeps up with the "nu-uh, you're wrong" attitude. For about a month. This is no longer a debate, it's an exercise in futility. Can we get a mod to shut this down before it turns nasty? 

15 hours ago, Duavey said:

People have repeatedly thrown in their arguments and evidence and the TC just keeps up with the "nu-uh, you're wrong" attitude. For about a month. This is no longer a debate, it's an exercise in futility. Can we get a mod to shut this down before it turns nasty? 

I'm pretty sure it was already locked, I'm not sure how it became unlocked.  This thread has really run it's course already, and there's not much more that will come of it.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)cemeteryman2046 said:

Is it explained what warframes are? Like, how does the stalker work without an operator? How did OUR warframe work without an operator? And why do the frames seem to vary so much in appearance as if they have personalities? I mean, Limbo has a top hat, why would anyone building a weapon put a top hat on it?

There is little explanation as to what Warframes actually are.

All we can infer is that there is some organic entity inside the Warframes, possibly of Technocyte(infestation) origin. As for their design....well...the Orokin liked making things flamboyant....

On 7/27/2016 at 11:31 AM, (PS4)Oreic-Reynier said:

Head canon ≠ canon 

Im asking for the return of the original DE Canon.

On 7/27/2016 at 4:10 PM, Gorila_Azul said:

Just thought I might step in and say that I don't understand you.

I don't understand why you are so veemently opposed to the way the Tenno have been established. I was quite surprised at the end of The Second Dream myself, and to be perfectly honest with you, I quite enjoyed the twist, for two simple reasons:

I explained in the OP. DE sold the game as the tenno in the frames and then they changed that. Im not opposed to what's there i just want the option to play the game like the sold it originally.

1. it satisfactorily answered all my major questions about the warframes, such as "How does my character switch genders when switching warframes?" and "Are the Tenno human?" in a way that made sense.

2. I did not expect it. I don't want the story to be predictable.

Maybe, at the end of the day, I'm fine with it because I'm simply more concerned with what fits well with the gameplay mechanics than what is "cooler" (Tenno operating inside of warframes just didn't make sense, what with different heights, different body proportions, different genders and whatnot).

But if you really don't like any of it, that's completely fine. To each their own. I'm not judging your critical sense. But I must say... the amount of energy, time and thought that you put into resisting this piece of canon seems awfully... unhealthy.

Just let it go for once. Move on.  

1- Yea it explained that, that's a good job on them. But i wasnt one of the people that had an issue about them being inside all those frames that have different body types.

2- Ok but they never really sold the story of the tenno as having some twist in it. People were just trying to figure out how stuff work.

Most people were just taking info at face value because that's how it was given. Only a few people were the only ones calling the "Lotus" fishy and turned out to be right.

On 8/3/2016 at 5:57 PM, CBAROG said:

OK,  that is almost 100% useless, but I'll try. Have you forgotten how Oris describes the relics? It' s an artifact that contains possibilities. These artifacts come from different eras. Now, the fissures are just raw Void energy leaking through. These are not time travel fissures. It's just energy.

I don't know how fissures spawn enemies but I can certainly say one thing. There is no time traveling device or any other method in the game currently.

Im not concerned about the relic but the fissures that keep being added to the game and being described as things that have time traveling properties by DE.

Yes, there is no time traveling device but this story can create one based on these fissures that keep appearing and having time traveling properties.

On 8/3/2016 at 9:36 PM, Duskdrakon said:

I got the same impression with the relics and fissures. That the relics deal with the eras (different points in time) and the fissures where to different parts of the void.

Im taking the info that DE put down in the update post.

On 8/4/2016 at 1:43 AM, Lakais said:

I love the fact that no one considers the implications of time-travel paradoxes (at least not on page one). If I go back in time to change something from happening, it changes the conditions of me needing to travel back in time and thus I never traveled back in time, and history remains unchanged. What this ends up with is that the timeline can't be changed as every change we think we do to it will ultimately end up with the timeline we have. 

Unless it's some handwave "alternate split timeline" explanation. 

Also, I call bull on Fissures spitting out enemies from past Eras. Mostly because if that were the case, we'd be seeing Dax soldiers pouring through those Fissures, not Grineer and Corpus soldiers with masks stuck to their faces.

Time traveling can work as the creator wants. Limiting the way Warframe can work based on other works is a weird thing to do.

And the new update on how the fissure works adjusted troops teleporting in to the tower machine changing people. BTW, this is not the only time game mechanics doesnt really fit with the story.

On 8/4/2016 at 2:17 AM, SilvaDreams said:

And technically they are correct, the Warframe are armor and we Are inside when controlling them just not Physically.

This is why the lore confuses the hell out of so many people because they take everything at the most literal sense possible.

How are the tenno inside the warframe? They are using a very high tech VR/Drone machine. No one will say you are inside the drone, the general idea is that you are remote controlling it. You are not inside a drone simply because you can see through the cameras of the drone.

You just stated your personal view of how the system the tenno uses works. We dont know how it is. It was until tennocon that we finally saw what it looks like for the tenno in the pod when they are controlling the frame.

22 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Im asking for the return of the original DE Canon.

That is what we have now though.

22 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

I explained in the OP. DE sold the game as the tenno in the frames and then they changed that. Im not opposed to what's there i just want the option to play the game like the sold it originally.

I've been around since the beginning and DE never said that the Tenno themselves were in the Warframes. It was not an unreasonable assumption to make but it was never explicitly stated either. It also runs up against the problem of Rhino Prime's Codex entry, one of the oldest lore components of the game, indicating that the Tenno were controlling but not inside the Warframe themselves.

The Devstream you keep quoting is them making jokes about mecha anime like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Voltron, or Gundam, not them describing what's intended for Warframe's plot development.

Edited by WrathAscending

And yet he will cite that devstream anyway, taking it at literal face value despite the context of it suggesting that they were joking, which he will refute that if we don't take that seriously, why should we take any devstream seriously, which will lead to an endless circlejerk argument.

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

How are the tenno inside the warframe? They are using a very high tech VR/Drone machine. No one will say you are inside the drone, the general idea is that you are remote controlling it. You are not inside a drone simply because you can see through the cameras of the drone.

You just stated your personal view of how the system the tenno uses works. We dont know how it is. It was until tennocon that we finally saw what it looks like for the tenno in the pod when they are controlling the frame.

are you not doing the same? stating your person view of how the system works?

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Im taking the info that DE put down in the update post.

Time traveling can work as the creator wants. Limiting the way Warframe can work based on other works is a weird thing to do.

And the new update on how the fissure works adjusted troops teleporting in to the tower machine changing people. BTW, this is not the only time game mechanics doesnt really fit with the story.

See here is the difference, drones are controled by remotes or programs. Thus why they are drones.

We are actually inhabiting and taking direct control of them right down to the nervous system as if it is our own body thus why we feel pain when they are shot and damaged.

On 8/6/2016 at 8:07 PM, Mak_Gohae said:

i just want the option to play the game like the sold it originally.

Dude,  Really?!?!?!

That is a very spoiled attitude to have in regards to this.  I wanted to lighten my choice of word, but nothing else fits.  You will just have to get over this and move on.  The world changes.  You have to adapt.  

Also, you can't be sold something that is free.  Just something to think about.  I hope the Master Tenno will reverse-nekro this topic.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction

Theres nothing of value or interest here. Just Mak being a stubborn troll, like he does when he feels bored.

If you want a proper discussion, actually read the arguments and think about them. Please stop reusing your debunked arguments and basically going in circles again and again and again.

My advice for you all is ignore this thread and let it die. Mak craves and probably gets off to the amount of attention hes receiving right now and he'll act as stubborn as he has to to keep the troll thread going. Sure, he'll pop up again in another thread about how the Lotus is evil and tenno are not children but for now, let this die.

13 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Dude,  Really?!?!?!

That is a very spoiled attitude to have in regards to this.  I wanted to lighten my choice of word, but nothing else fits.  You will just have to get over this and move on.  The world changes.  You have to adapt.  

Also, you can't be sold something that is free.  Just something to think about.  I hope the Master Tenno will reverse-nekro this topic.  

you can sell it still , but not make money or anything. you can just sell it for $0.00  XD 

1 minute ago, Jicematoro said:

Sell: to transfer (goods or property) (to someone); to do or perform (services) in exchange for money (for someone)

well money is defined as something of value . and the fw seconds it takes to hit install and uch... now im getting all politician. sorry   and true true