Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minimap Icons

It was a nice idea to put warframe portraits in the minimap, but I would have rather had ability icons.

To be honest the faces look a bit tacky.

WarframePowers_670.jpg

Maybe their most iconic ability.

Rhino's Iron Skin or roar icon is nice

Trin's blessing

Volt's Shock and Speed icons are nice

Mag's magnetize looks like magnetic lines

Ashe's shuriken is nice

Ember's fire blast

Loki's invis or radial disarm

Zephyr's vortex icon,

Hydroid's puddle or ult,

etc...

Edited by LightstealKnight

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I aggree there sicne i often mistaken a mesa or rhino icon for a mission or focus icon also, and i find them, more distracting overall to be honest.

This way they could stay the old warframe blue color too, less confusing.

We honestly don't need to differentiate primes from standard frames. (in the minimap)

Yeah... No. I would be far more confused if the symbols were replaced with ability icons. 

Especially since in the middle of a clusterfoop there's no way in hell you're going to be able to tell the difference between half of them.

20 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I aggree there sicne i often mistaken a mesa or rhino icon for a mission or focus icon also, and i find them, more distracting overall to be honest.

If you're getting confused between Mesa and mission icons, then this is going to be far from helpful.

The current icons are fine imo, could do with some tweaking to make things a bit clearer, but they're far better than 'Trinity Squiggle' and 'Rhino Squiggle'.

29 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yeah... No. I would be far more confused if the symbols were replaced with ability icons. 

Especially since in the middle of a clusterfoop there's no way in hell you're going to be able to tell the difference between half of them.

If you're getting confused between Mesa and mission icons, then this is going to be far from helpful.

The current icons are fine imo, could do with some tweaking to make things a bit clearer, but they're far better than 'Trinity Squiggle' and 'Rhino Squiggle'.

I ment mostly since they are all yellow it gets confusing, since you onyl have at times only one eye on the map and you might be busy fighting,

The Warframe icon on the map is a great idea, however given the size and how many Warframes are there (and will be), I think a simpler, more symbolized Warframe icon would be more practical and distinguishable. Even a two-letter boxy icon to represent a Warframe gets the job done. For example Rhino = Rh, Loki = Lk, Frost = Fr

If UI guys want to do more works, a small dot (shows the location) on the minimap and a line connects the dot to a bigger profile picture outside of the minimap, so it won't block the map.

4 hours ago, LightstealKnight said:

I'm sorry but

volt_shock.png

is far less confusing on a minimap than a volt head

Sure. But put that next to Ash's shurikens image. Surround it by grey and white lines, yellow markers, blue pet icons and a horde of red enemy icons and what do you have?

0 idea what you're looking at.

Why did I even say sure? I didn't mean that. A frames head is recognisable by anyone, regardless of whether or not they've played the frame. A frames ability icon not only lacks any kind of indication of which frame it belongs to, but even Vets (PC) will be hard pressed to describe their favourite frames ability icons to you, simply because there's no need to look at them.

Edited by DeMonkey

Got an idea, just the icons near the name in the group and have them there instead of clustered up on the minimap, you look at the naem see the icon and know what frame he uses, then you look around for his name if you search for him for whatever reason, energy, health, etc. I not really can get behind the idea that tehy added the icons in the map itself.

I agree with others, it's a really nice idea having the frame icons but unfortunately the icons are too small to be quickly distinguishable and obscure important things like objective markers. A reversion to the old version would work, or the suggestion here if it can be unambiguous, or the option in this thread:

How 'bout this, give us back the old blue circles and differentiate them with the players' number like player-set waypoints.

If you need a way to tell what Frames there are without opening the menu, put the Frame (name / head / whatever)
by the Player List on the HUD (BTW, the "Show Player List" option should be on by default, what the Hek).

Tiny pictures moving about the minimap just don't work too well,
and bigger ones easily obscure things that are a lot more vital to know.

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

How 'bout this, give us back the old blue circles and differentiate them with the players' number like player-set waypoints.

If you need a way to tell what Frames there are without opening the menu, put the Frame (name / head / whatever)
by the Player List on the HUD (BTW, the "Show Player List" option should be on by default, what the Hek).

Tiny pictures moving about the minimap just don't work too well,
and bigger ones easily obscure things that are a lot more vital to know.

This would be best, but the heads are just ugly, and contrary to what people are saying, not very recognizable.

Icons are a lot more recognizable because they have less detail.  You can get an idea of the picture a lot quicker than the heads.

For heads you have to look carefully and try and figure out the perspective.

Icons are instant, even if you don't know what frame it represents, you can see the 3 lightning bolts easier than a strange volt head.

And they can all be the same color. Colors confuse things a lot more...