Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

just a wierd idea, but WHAT IF.

Alaizia

I used to believe that as well, until someone said that what actually happened was that the operator mustered enough concentration to achieve a weak level of transference without a somatic link chair, just for enough time to break the sword.

I'm not sure what to believe now.

28 minutes ago, Alaizia said:

Warframes are semi-sentient, kind of like Evangalions? like when your frame rips war in half when it was stabbed.... What if no one was controlling it at that moment? and it took steps to protect its user?

u mean

Spoiler

no operator?

like him?  jT0UrRL.png

or MAYBE him?

Excalibur-Umbra.jpg

Edited by yual

Isn't the Stalker an operator that went mad after he discovered what he really was?

He's also salty because we killed the Orokin. That may be a part of his madness (because he can't cope with what he did), or indicate that he's something else.

Regarding Umbra, they are operated by magic sentient cephalons living in their scarves. 

15 minutes ago, Antiphoton said:

Isn't the Stalker an operator that went mad after he discovered what he really was?

He's also salty because we killed the Orokin. That may be a part of his madness (because he can't cope with what he did), or indicate that he's something else.

Regarding Umbra, they are operated by magic sentient cephalons living in their scarves. 

I've already think that Stalker was a Guardian for the Orokin Emperor.

But the Tennos discovered something that forced them to destroy the Orokin, and the Stalker don't know that thing. So he just thinks that we gone mad, and he's the only one who can revenge the Old Empire.

11 hours ago, Antiphoton said:

I used to believe that as well, until someone said that what actually happened was that the operator mustered enough concentration to achieve a weak level of transference without a somatic link chair, just for enough time to break the sword.

I'm not sure what to believe now.

I think it's probably that, with some additional help from the Lotus. 

I mean, how else do you explain Space Mom showing up out of literal no where? Unless she lives there. 

Explains where my Kubrow's food and my Credits go. 

2 hours ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

no 

The operator did it

And where did you get the idea that the warframes are semi-sentient? The orokins made them

Probably from the Codex explanations. The ones that say they feel pain, like Rhino Prime. Or the frames that suggest the damage was lasting, like Valkyr. 

Just now, QuietBiro said:

I interpreted that scene as Lotus saving the operator, taking control of the warframe temporarily. 

I'm pretty sure if Natah could control Warframes remotely then Hunhow would have killed us all by now. 

I really don't think DE would have done something as anti-climatic as having the Operator remotely gain control, or something as illogical as Lotus popping to gain control. 

We have more proof that there is in fact something alive inside the suit, and that also opens up more avenues for DE to take when it comes to the story.

3 hours ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

no 

The operator did it

And where did you get the idea that the warframes are semi-sentient? The orokins made them

First of all, there's no proof for that. Whereas Steve hinted at the fact that there was something alive/sentient inside the suit, the Rhino Prime Codex hints at it, and the background dialogue between Ballas and the Council in the Second Dream hints that the Warframes are actually living beings.

The Orokin made the frame. They didn't make what's inside them.

I like an author named John Ringo who did "the Legacy of the Aldenata series" that actually helped get me hooked on this game. The humans build armored combat suits(or ACS) to fight a coming invasion of aliens created by the god like, long vanished race called the Aldenata (sound semi-familiar? ). The suits have a person inside and an advanced computer called an AID. It also has a less advanced AI gestalt that can do some things independently when operator and AID are disabled to ensure survival. It's what I thought of when my warframe broke the sword, a tactical decision to ensure the survival of the warframe and operator to the best of it's abilities. But that's just my own personal musings influenced by a good sci-fi series.

Also, there is the fact that warframes have a brief "personality" description, like:

"This is Ivara, the huntress, the thief. Don't roam around the forest looking for a fight, Tenno. Ivara is always on guard."

Does that refer to the personality of the operator that prefered to use that particular frame before his awakening from the Second Dream? Or to some primitive aspect of the frame itself?

10 hours ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

Oh I thought about the other sentient. the hunhow like sentient. Too many sentients in this game

Yeah, I always make sure to not capitalize the s when discussing this theory, or I tend to use the term "self aware."