Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the odds of getting a Rare went down

DEATHLOK

More than twice as difficult as it was before.

"But that's just for Intact Relics! We get to Refine them!"

I'm assuming you used "junk" relics for Trace farming. You are absolutely right. You get to farm Void Traces 7 to 10 times for every Relic you want to refine.

After you make roughly 7 to 10 Void Trace farming runs, you will have raised the odds to 1 in 10 for just that one Relic.

"Now the odds are 1 in 10! We love you, DE!"

No, because you didn't get a Refined Relic by doing nothing. You had to farm Void Traces roughly 7 to 10 times beforehand.

In terms of how many missions or C rotations you have to play total, this is roughly the same as before U18—if you stop here. Be certain to have a Nekros in the squad, or you'll likely have to play several more Fissure missions than 7 to 10.

"I'm going to refine 10 Relics, and guarantee I get a Rare! We love you, DE!"

Only for the 10 Refined Relics, taken out of context of the Trace farming you have to do. Otherwise, you are conveniently forgetting roughly 100 Void Trace farming runs leading up to your burning through 10 Refined Relics.

In terms of how many Fissure runs you make total, including all the Trace farming, it looks like your odds go to 1 in 100 with refined keys.

"But we have four players with 10 Refined Relics each, Mr. Smarty Pants! WE LOVE YOU, DE!"

Right. Now, in terms of all the Fissure missions everyone had to run, your odds are 1 in 25. Just a little worse than before U18. If the awards system isn't bugged, and dividing 16 rolls between 4 players, instead of 4 rolls everyone shares. It's been doing that for the past week.

"We're making it easier!"

"You get choices!"

You can take the hooks out of your mouth.

Edited by NovusNova
Removed links to Datamined Content.

Having 4 Radiants in a squad dramatically increases those chances as well. People have beaten the math to death on this topic, and it is easier to get rare prime parts, as you can see by their prices. What hooks are you talking about?

well that`s worrying...

but at least i dont have to stay 5 hours in the same survival vs enemies i dont like in a tileset i dont like either to still get sh*t, we still get sh*t anyway, but the process of having it thrown at us is more fun now, that`s all

1 minute ago, tifanator said:

Having 4 Radiants in a squad dramatically increases those chances as well. People have beaten the math to death on this topic, and it is easier to get rare prime parts, as you can see by their prices. What hooks are you talking about?

what about people who want to solo, or have crappy internet, being in a squad had no bearing on what rewards you got in endless survival or defense or whatever. those of us who like to be anti social get screwed by the new system.. Cheers DE

26 minutes ago, tifanator said:

I have zero interest in playing with a full squad. I only run with my usual partner, or I'm soloing.

7 minutes ago, cannonfodder1982 said:

what about people who want to solo, or have crappy internet, being in a squad had no bearing on what rewards you got in endless survival or defense or whatever. those of us who like to be anti social get screwed by the new system.. Cheers DE

The game has always been designed for 4 people. 

With a Nekros, going solo, Ive been able to consistently farm 35 traces per run, so getting a radiant is really quick. Do that with a dedicated squad, you can easily have 4 radiant relics after 2 runs, and then increase the odds at a rare to around 36%, as some have shown the math is 36% chance at the rare when running in a squad of 4 radiants.

I've had fissure runs where I got over 30 (i've no idea how, nekros magic) traces. My biggest issue with the current trace system is the limit. It badly deserves an increase. Either make it 100+(MRx100) or just increase it to 1000 or something like that. I always feel bad when I have something like 95 traces, queue and see a nekros has found his way in my group. I know I'll have 20 traces lost as a result of it.

And only 1 chance per relic . . . . . . everyone for themselves . . . no relic . . no reward . . . .

And choice . . . . . is an illusion in Warframe.

Now this is cutting down on grinding . . . . . NOT! :(

1 minute ago, starscream5269 said:

No it hasn't.

Its advertised as co-op game.

Raids are centered around having 4 squad members at least.

Dragon Keys to have a 100% chance you need 4 squad members.

Much more spawn chances on a 4 member squad along with shared affinity.

And so on.

The game allows solo play, but it is tailored towards squad gameplay, and not solo gameplay.

1 minute ago, Laisha said:

I'm just glad that you still gain traces if you don't put up a relic.

Do you know how worrying it will be to farm for new primes if one has to waste a relic in order to make a relic better?!

Don't give them anymore ideas.

29 minutes ago, tifanator said:

The game has always been designed for 4 people. 

My and my favorite guy regularly destroy Sorties, and even did the Phoenix Escalation tactical alert (back when the Rift Sigil was a reward for being literally insane), with just the two of us.

Just now, Laisha said:

Do you know how worrying it will be to farm for new primes if one has to waste a relic in order to make a relic better?!

Use a relic that has something common you want and farm traces at the same time :P

28 minutes ago, Hybridon said:

Use a relic that has something common you want and farm traces at the same time :P

And if you have everything except for the new primes then it would be a waste of a relic that you could have used to farm future primes.

Personally I can't stand babysiting defense objects sooo...all the relics I have built up over time will have to get me through for the future primes.

12 minutes ago, Hybridon said:

With a Nekros, going solo, Ive been able to consistently farm 35 traces per run, so getting a radiant is really quick. Do that with a dedicated squad, you can easily have 4 radiant relics after 2 runs, and then increase the odds at a rare to around 36%, as some have shown the math is 36% chance at the rare when running in a squad of 4 radiants.

Uh huh. So 140=400? Your squad gets to share or transfer Traces to put into a single Relic, then magically multiply one Relic by four, so everyone has one?

I've never seen 30 Traces in a single run. From 21-24 is the most I've ever seen. With a Nekros. Without, I've seen 15 at the most, usually less than 10.

1 hour ago, DEATHLOK said:

Uh huh. So 140=400? Your squad gets to share or transfer Traces to put into a single Relic, then magically multiply one Relic by four, so everyone has one?

I've never seen 30 Traces in a single run. From 21-24 is the most I've ever seen. With a Nekros. Without, I've seen 15 at the most, usually less than 10.

I've gotten 50 traces in a run, without a Nekros. My Kavat loves me.

7 minutes ago, Hybridon said:

no, but there have been talks of adding traces as a drop in the void

Making them as rare as Argon... I know one thing: If DE doesnt make Desecrate Toggle, many 3 keys will be broken even more.

Or they will just bring Smeeta and pray it gives the right buf.

7 minutes ago, Laisha said:

Do that during solo play. For the love of your fellow man, don't do that during group play! At least you don't end up "wasting" and "junk" relic, because NO Relic is junk—they all have Rare parts!

Just now, DEATHLOK said:

Seen posts with screenshots showing people getting 58 traces in 2 man squads, so 2 runs = 100 traces.

Each person makes a radiant relic and thats 2 radiants, on the same squad increasing chances.

Do that in a 4 man squad, done.

Ill do some trace farming and get you a screenshot then.