The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Art Contest 3.0

[DE]Megan

"Somatic Link"
By yours truly~ Kibweboy5

xqujMIx.jpg

[edit] forgive me as i was not aware of the aspect ratio of the submission so i decided to crop my work to fit the required criteria sorry :(

here are the links for the full image
DA:http://kibweboy5.deviantart.com/art/Somatic-Link-626883852
Pixiv:http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58335047

Edited by NinjaXthreeX2

4 hours ago, DerMetzgermeister said:

I cannot talk about synergy in Warframe without telling you about the bravest, strongest, most reliable - best teammate I ever had.

t61MbPi.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

So many amazing submissions here, can't wait for the opportunity to have you people's works on my liset!

NICE pic bro 

For me, synergy is the connection between my operator (me) and the frame that I favor most.~
Banshee was the second frame I ever acquired and is still my favorite and most loved.
She is the best frame my operator could ever have.  :3 <3

So this is my operator and my Banshee (a little of both skins) mixed into one being.
Among the ''mental connection'' they are one.~

zvx8ZPt.png

Edited by MaloKing
Spelling fixes

2 hours ago, MaloKing said:

For me, synergy is the connection between my operator (me) and the frame that I favor most.~
Banshee was the second frame I ever acquired and is still my favorite and most loved.
She is the best frame my operator could ever have.  :3 <3

So this is my operator and my Banshee (a little of both skins) mixed into one being.
Among the ''mental connection'' they are one.~

zvx8ZPt.png

The fusion of the two is incredibly smooth! The colors complement it so well- this is one of my most favorite drawings on this thread!

I'm definitely more of a designer than I am an illustrator, so rendering action-y shots such as this is a bit outside my comfort zone.

I wanted to show not only the synergy achieved between Operators and their Warframes, but also between Tenno in the field.  I drew inspiration from the way that my buddy and I play off each-other in battle, him buffing our strength and locking up the bad guys, while I jump in and burn them down.  I'm particularly happy with how the "ghost" lines for the Operators turned out.

Gl1BzzS.jpg

(My intent was to depict Ember leaping off of Rhino's shoulder, though I'm not sure how well it comes through.)

38 minutes ago, Tekka_Croe said:

I'm definitely more of a designer than I am an illustrator, so rendering action-y shots such as this is a bit outside my comfort zone.

I wanted to show not only the synergy achieved between Operators and their Warframes, but also between Tenno in the field.  I drew inspiration from the way that my buddy and I play off each-other in battle, him buffing our strength and locking up the bad guys, while I jump in and burn them down.  I'm particularly happy with how the "ghost" lines for the Operators turned out.

Gl1BzzS.jpg

(My intent was to depict Ember leaping off of Rhino's shoulder, though I'm not sure how well it comes through.)

This is absolutely beautiful.

electric_umbrella_by_aikurisu-dadb2q2.pn

“Real gentlemen know when to bring an umbrella.  … or conjure one out of thin air.”

-- Probably Not Teshin

“"Two hearts in love need no words."

-- Anonymous Tenno

“The working together of two things to produce an effect greater than the sum of their individual effects.”

-- … WordWeb on Synergy?? 

For a moment I didn't think I was going to enter this contest but... here I am. ^^;

Edited by Aikurisu
Forgot to put my name on the art. (Just above my standard 'Ai' signature...) That's an entry requisite, right? >_>;

77.jpg

Synergy between Mirage and Kavat. mirage gives your pet the ability of the hall of mirrors generating synergy between them in combat. 

Original drawing 

Hand drawing paper 

Painted and effects created in photoshop

Author: FranzZF7

Edited by (PS4)FranzZF7

"Primal Peacemaker" - a tornado of lead and iron.

A combo of melee and guns, east and west - due to their teamwork - can cause some real havok whatever they stand to fight!

I'm more in tradicional art, and if you're interested here's my fp on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Ania-Rolka-ART-476517819084661/

Edited by SeriousAnn
adding my fanpage

Welp, some serious hours of work later, here's my entry: I wondered what would be appropriate for "synergy" and found it was kind of a tough subject. Frame interactions are really cool, but I didn't find they highlighted the whole synergy theme as much as I would have liked, and I don't have the artistic ability for that kind precise fine detail anyway (to those who do by the way, wow, very, very, wow). I tried to come up with something more abstract that I could stylize and work with in my own way, and also that really screams synergy (which would sound like this thy the way: SYNERGY!!!). My answered was damage. Damage types interact with each other in a simple, explicit way to produce more damage together, nearly the definition of synergy. Also, I personally feel the icons in warframe are often extremely well designed and deserved a little more spotlight, not to mention that being a symbol rather than a depiction of a specific character of setting, I could allow myself a little breathing room for style. Hope you like it!

pGxsn7m.png

Edited by ra9una
Failed to embed properly

I ran out of time trying to make the picture "Realistic" So i changed the style mid creation to be more reminiscent of "Scratchboard" with some neon thrown in.

http://imgur.com/a/Twf8e?reg

b90bJn1.jpg

Sorry I dont know what im doing or how i get the picture to show up...   Never mind nailed it :P

Far from elegant and i was planning on doing something far more complex but this is all I got im afraid. And this newer picture fits the theme more, than my unfinished one, with a team of Tenno using their Warframe's specialties to counter the those of the Grineer leaders.

Edited by Banedain
Trying to find out how to get image to apear, never uploaded an image before

stealth_2_120res_by_kevin_glint-dadc4qh.

so theDURRRRIAN  and I decided to do a second piece for the codex context based on stealth or overkill synergy theme, so here's mine :D
We are aware on the aspect ratio and multiple entries rule, but we kinda like doing these because we enjoy the game very much! :) 

If it isn't overkill, it's not warframe enough XD

As it says on the post above, me Kevin-Glint decided to do a second piece for the codex context based on stealth or overkill synergy so here's my take on it.

Totally aware of the aspect ratio and multiple entries rule, but we kinda like doing these for the hell of it :D

warframe___knaves_and_overkill_by_thedur

1 hour ago, KevinGlint said:

stealth_2_120res_by_kevin_glint-dadc4qh.

so theDURRRRIAN  and I decided to do a second piece for the codex context based on stealth or overkill synergy theme, so here's mine :D
We are aware on the aspect ratio and multiple entries rule, but we kinda like doing these because we enjoy the game very much! :) 

If it isn't overkill, it's not warframe enough XD

1 hour ago, theDURRRRIAN said:

As it says on the post above, me Kevin-Glint decided to do a second piece for the codex context based on stealth or overkill synergy so here's my take on it.

Totally aware of the aspect ratio and multiple entries rule, but we kinda like doing these for the hell of it :D

warframe___knaves_and_overkill_by_thedur

Inspiring.

tumblr_obnf7qpvrw1uz5kqco1_1280.jpgHeres my entry! Wow the other entries are really great so far 0.0! 

Synergy is defined as parts that add up to a greater sum than the parts individually. Titania and Oberon OTP. Now I really stretched the idea to go as far as to explore something-not-Warframe since the synergy is between the references within their names. These reference help flesh out the characters in my eyes. Oberon, the paladin, is the consort of Titania, the fairy monarch, in Midsummer Night's Dream. Titania is the monarch. She sits on a gilded throne whilst her paladin watches over her shoulder protectively. Titania reassuringly rests her hand on Oberon's arm. Eish this sounds like fanficiton anyways; they both gaze at the viewer. Much how referencing fleshes out the characters so do the gestures of the figures in this painting. Both figures portray power; Oberon is portrayed as a protective on-guard figure whilst titania, although lax and whimsical, is perched with dominance. 

So where is the synergy, you ask? The synergy is the reference. How the reference of having both these frames together and how the frame's abilities and stats reflect the characters personality and game-play. The synergy is between design choices, artists, writers, programmers and players. These attributes all contribute to the immersive world that Warframe is. 

( Oh yeah and ima title it something cool and detached like the fairies are: Portrait of the Royal Family. This is my first entry lol idk if i did it correctly )

Edited by Adeesaurus
? I didnt know why the photo didnt upload correctly

My FIRST digital artwork ever finished. I don't think it's really that good, but I gotta start somewhere, I guess. There's absolutely zero chance of me winning but I'm glad I'm finally able to actually participate.

The reason I chose to draw/paint Equinox is because I feel like Equinox and her two forms perfectly symbolize the synergy between offensive and defensive/supportive abilities. The contrast of night and day also fits the theme very well (and also because she's easy to draw).

equinox_by_freezeviper-dadcsk3.jpg

Edited by Scarachus
Explanation