Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a Dex Dual Akzani

Cenat

Point of personal amusement: The Ak- prefix is the label applied to dual-wielded Tenno sidearms, probably coming from the " guns akimbo" of John Woo type action films. Dual is the Corpus equivalent, with Twin serving as that of the Grineer.

So a single part of the Akzani pair would just be a Zani. A Dual Akzani, on the other hand, would be basically 4 Akzani which somehow also have something to do with the Corpus, and adding the Dex line's Lotus imagery on top of that is a fairly good way to make a train-wreck.

A Twin Dual Akzani would have 8 guns, not 6, being twin sets of Dual Akzani, or dual sets of Twin Akzani, if you want to get really ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Point of personal amusement: The Ak- prefix is the label applied to dual-wielded Tenno sidearms, probably coming from the " guns akimbo" of John Woo type action films. Dual is the Corpus equivalent, with Twin serving as that of the Grineer.

So a single part of the Akzani pair would just be a Zani. A Dual Akzani, on the other hand, would be basically 4 Akzani which somehow also have something to do with the Corpus, and adding the Dex line's Lotus imagery on top of that is a fairly good way to make a train-wreck.

A Twin Dual Akzani would have 8 guns, not 6, being twin sets of Dual Akzani, or dual sets of Twin Akzani, if you want to get really ridiculous.

There isn't any rule that states those terms have anything to do with factions. Akzani, Akstiletto, Dual Toxocyst, Dual Decurion, etc. Just because a few terms seem to have a pattern of belonging to weapons from a specific faction means that said term is only and only meant for one. Akzani has nothing to do with the Corpus, it's just a Tenno weapon that happens to have a prefix. 

57 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

There isn't any rule that states those terms have anything to do with factions. Akzani, Akstiletto, Dual Toxocyst, Dual Decurion, etc. Just because a few terms seem to have a pattern of belonging to weapons from a specific faction means that said term is only and only meant for one. Akzani has nothing to do with the Corpus, it's just a Tenno weapon that happens to have a prefix. 

I never said the Akzani themselves had anything to do with the Corpus, you just misinterpreted it as such. What I said, in words of a more facetious tone, was that dual Akzani might imply that it has something to do with the Corpus, since Dual is the term used for twin Corpus secondaries. And I guess twin Infested secondaries as well now that the Dual Toxicysts are a thing.

You've further misconstrued the point of my post to be some sort of correction, when in fact as the latter half of my post indicates, it's just a small joke about the OP's strange choice of title.

Except it's not funny any more because now I have to explain it to someone. See, since Ak- already means dual-wielded, or 1*2, a Dual Ak- weapon, which would be two sets of two, or 1*2*2, is basically quadruple-wielding, and a Twin Dual Ak- weapon would be two sets of two sets of two, or 1*2*2*2, would be octuple-wielding, which would certainly be an amusing sight to see even in the context of Warframe.

7 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

I never said the Akzani themselves had anything to do with the Corpus, you just misinterpreted it as such. What I said, in words of a more facetious tone, was that dual Akzani might imply that it has something to do with the Corpus, since Dual is the term used for twin Corpus secondaries. And I guess twin Infested secondaries as well now that the Dual Toxicysts are a thing.

You've further misconstrued the point of my post to be some sort of correction, when in fact as the latter half of my post indicates, it's just a small joke about the OP's strange choice of title.

Except it's not funny any more because now I have to explain it to someone. See, since Ak- already means dual-wielded, or 1*2, a Dual Ak- weapon, which would be two sets of two, or 1*2*2, is basically quadruple-wielding, and a Twin Dual Ak- weapon would be two sets of two sets of two, or 1*2*2*2, would be octuple-wielding, which would certainly be an amusing sight to see even in the context of Warframe.

There was no need for the final explanation because I understood the bottom half was in fact a joke. I was addressing the first paragraph, which in all honesty doesn't give off a joke vibe at all, so you can't blame me for any misinterpretation.

Edited by LazerSkink

5 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Then put on a recoil mod! The entire community shouldn't have to suffer a carbon-copy of its first Dex weapon just because you can't bother to put a Recoil mod on it! Have you no consideration for others, or for the consistency of the game?

We're not even sure if we're ever gonna get a Dex item of the same slot either, let alone the exact same kind of weapon!

Relax lol you're acting like he makes the decisions 

No thanks. The next Dex item should either be a special version of their poster boy Excalibur, a special Syandana or some fancy Warframe skins. A liset skin is also possible I guess.

We don't need any more Dex weapons.