The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valk is dead... Please revive her! [READ BEFORE THROWING SHADE]

RadriarTheGodKing

Valkyr was my favorite frame, and she still is but come on... She can be immortal, yes, but that really only makes her good for reviving if Nullys arent around. She sure wasn't better than other frames before her buff, Naramon Focus could do her job already. Now Wukong does Valk's job better, but just because he isnt popular, people wont scream bloody nerf. Valk is hated by non valk users because, yes she can be OP in many situations, but her class type is to be a tank. Many other frames hold OP Characteristics as well. She didnt need to be nerfed...

Her nerf really killed her, with the energy scaling making efficiency very confusing to track and the bubble around her during Hysteria makes for an ugly and less free feel, ruining some of the enjoyment of the frame. Though she was strong before, she was by no means THE SINGLE STRONGEST FRAME EVER. She doesnt really have a roll in team based play, but she was very fun for soloing. I know I am not the only one asking for this, please restore her, she was not too OP, and if you are going to keep her nerfed, atleast make her function properly again. She needed her initial buff, please dont take that away from her. She was fine how she was and just because she was popular did not mean she needed a nerf. Many other frames should be nerfed before valk, because their synergy with other frames can be much deadlier than a Valkyr, and honestly, her other abilities are horridly outdated. Can we have her good ability back?

The new looks of things:

Lets be honest, we dont want Valkyr to be the hamster frame, so can we trash the bubble?

Overall:

She cannot stay in Hysteria for nearly as long as Excalibur or Wukong can use their ultimates and due to her energy consumption, she cannot channel. Please bring her back up to a playable level again, She just cant do late game work anymore and a leech eximus can completely ruin her offensive and lead her to get one shot. Her armor is high, but her HP and shields are not. There will be naysayers, but she really did not need this nerf. She was in no way a Godframe, and unlike excalibur, she cant use her ultimate and clear a room with a radial Javelin while staying in ultimate, or blind an entire room while staying in ultimate. Blinding basically gives you the same immortality, and he has CC with an AOE attack. But if you touch him, there would be an uproar. 

But come on DE, she isnt any more OP than Excal.

Please restore her DE! 

Thanks, she just isnt as fun anymore

Edited by RadriarTheGodKing

valkyr is not dead now you cannot stay in hysteria for hours at a time with no consequence and it requires actual thought to use, yes nullifiers can screw her over but they can easily screw others over too.as long as you learn how to use hysteria effectively shes still fun to use and has alot of use.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)LiamRising said:

valkyr is not dead now you cannot stay in hysteria for hours at a time with no consequence and it requires actual thought to use, yes nullifiers can screw her over but they can easily screw others over too.as long as you learn how to use hysteria effectively shes still fun to use and has alot of use.

You are PS4. you havent seen the horrors yet. You cannot stay in for more than about 80 seconds without channeling, and it is even worse with a leech eximus near by.

7 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

She had zero risk before for having god mode, now she does. Play safely

She also couldnt clear a room with a radial Javelin or blind a whole room. Excal is much better than Valk.

24 minutes ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

You are PS4. you havent seen the horrors yet. You cannot stay in for more than about 80 seconds without channeling, and it is even worse with a leech eximus near by.

She also couldnt clear a room with a radial Javelin or blind a whole room. Excal is much better than Valk.

ps4 has the valkyr changes already so i do know how much energy it consumes at 100% and the issues with the range of killsight enemies have against valk but shes still good riplines useful for escaping crowds and fast map traversal, warcry still buffs your armor and debuffs enemies, paralysis still stuns enemies and hysterias still good just learn to adjust.and use her other abilities and she will play amazingly.

7 minutes ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

consoles have this update

"she can't do these completely unrelated things therefore she wasn't overpowered"

Edited by VinDanger

10 minutes ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

I have to agree on that one. If you played Valkyr recently you know the energy consumption is insane. You basically need primed flow and duration + efficiency just to stay 1 minute, maybe less. 

We need more synergy between energy consumption and kills. As well as damage taken. Example; More kills = Less energy drained. And maybe more damage taken = more damage dealt to enemies? Like an actual berserker? ...

Edited by Stoner74

Just now, VinDanger said:

"she can't do these completely unrelated things therefore she's not overpowered"

Overall her abilities cant compare with Excalibur who is much better than her, and has essentially a ranged Hysteria. All Valk has is warcry and stun. Ripline isnt really worth an ability due to Movement 2.0

27 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

She had zero risk before for having god mode, now she does. Play safely

Play the "berzerker" safely?

... Are you on drugs?

She already had the same issues with nullifiers and their OP broken mechanics before, she just has problems with more enemies now. She still kicks @ss, just less than before. Hysteria isn't all she has to get the job done, though her kit seems lackluster to me in some areas. Could use some synergy too.

Seriously though, don't expect too much (or better yet, don't expect anything, makes it easier) in terms of "balance" or "fair challenge" in this game OP, at least for quite a while. Just try to find stuff that you enjoy playing and have fun while you can. It all goes around, soon another frame will get the nerfhammer in the face, others might get a nudge up, and the dance will continue.

Nullifiers do suck, they take away gameplay options without proposing anything in return (other than brain-dead shooting or suicide attacks), but they're not going anywhere any time soon, because they make it so that the devs can take all the time they want to try (and probably fail, judging by their track record...) and balance abilities that caused their creation in the first place. I know, I look bitter and maybe aggressive here, but I've been playing since 2013 and honestly I'm getting tired of waiting after all the promises and the "year of quality" was a farce for me, so...

Also it's not like she's completely broken now, just... weaker. Doesn't mean she's weak either. She's... less strong. Let's put it that way, looks better methinks.

Edited by Marthrym

They simply fixed the way the energy drain works on Hysteria, it was actually busted before lol, DE just never got around to it. They did now though, y'all are just feeling the withdrawal symptoms of that. Same with what will happen when this supposed damage 3.0 rolls out and changes everything

(Hopefully it'll fix the powercreep)

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

33 minutes ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

Her energy consumption is so much that channeling is impossible to do. Excal and Wukong dont have to worry about that, why not nerf them too? and leech eximuses make Hysteria useless. She needs to be restored.

Excalibur and Wukong aren't immune to all damage during their ultimates.

You actually need to think a bit with Valkyr's ult now. It's fine.

31 minutes ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

You cannot stay in for more than about 80 seconds without channeling, and it is even worse with a leech eximus near by.

80 seconds is quite a long time to be absolutely impervious to damage. I'm pretty sure the devs have officially stated that you are not supposed to use Hysteria for an entire mission, and, in fact, you are only supposed to use it in dire situations. Most of which you should be able to get out of in far less than 80 seconds. 

she's fine, I play her regularly and I haven't had a problem. she has the highest armor in the game for a reason plus her mobility makes her a force to be reckoned with. don't depend on hysteria to get you through missions, she can still destroy enemies without it. I use her Hysteria as a last resort if my health is below 100 or if i need to clear a group of enemies quickly, just find a  new purpose for it.

1 minute ago, Vargras said:

generally a hysteria build alone is pointless while it flows better with warcry having the simple build of warcry while being able to pop  quick hysteria for life gen..... regardless I've around 1600 hours with valk and she is my favorite frame........ BUT

• 1st sucks and is pointless
  • 2nd sucks and is MOSTLY pointless
  • 3rd is good BUT chroma for example as a much better multiplicative armor additions while valk suffers from the older additive armor buff meaning chroma pretty is sitting with twice as much as valk while having everything for a lower cost.... and etenral warcry is MANDATORY not a agument anymore..
  • 4th is "ok" for a quick pop to heal BUT builds centered towards it are lackluster...

on the plus side

• high base armor (second highest in game in max builds)
  • has the mandatory eternal to make warycry actually really good tbh overall
  • I've solo'd her (without hysteria) about 2.5-3 hours in the void, she is a one trick pony for the most part but warcry is a pretty decent trick
Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Vargras said:

You are immune to all damage via Wukong's 2nd ability. For a short time, after that you get shot, health goes down again, Rage mod fills back all 150 energy of yours then you are saved again by 2nd ability, then you are immortal again, then you are not immortal, then 25% of your current energy are spent, your health takes damage all 150 energy of yours are back via Rage, etc etc....

You are immortal. And you can even use all of your weapons.

I loved Valykr before the nerf. She WAS my favorite warframe. However after the nerf... I just don't feel like playing her. So that's why I started playing Wukong, which I never played because I got Valykr. And btw because of Wukong can use all his weapons he already was better than prenerf Valykr. Still, noone cried about that. Only poor Valkyr got all the hate :(

The issue was people abusing the invincibility granted by Hysteria. Instead of playing her as a high-risk brawler designed to constantly be losing health, she was commonly being built as fist mage who stayed eternally out of any kind of harm. The abuse of this power had many players of Valkyr constantly pitching between relative boredom (as they walked around hitting E without difficulty or recourse) and relative frustration (when their combo was ruined by a Nully or an Energy Leech and, having on mage mods instead of tank mods, she'd go down in a heartbeat). This playstyle that abused invincibility also garnered some annoyance from some who didn't play Valkyr, for obvious reasons. (Every time an Ash uses Bladestorm on an easy wave, I can almost hear my squadmates sighing through the internet.)

So they changed the energy costs so players are more inclined to use Hysteria in short bursts, and they added a penalty to using her 4th ability capriciously. Now you have to pick the right time to use Hysteria (instead of all the time), and you need to make good use of it when you do. Remaining in invincible-mode for a long time is still doable but not as worth it, and using the godmode willy-nilly will get you killed a little faster. The change was intended to correct the abuse of Hysteria, and it did that quite well. (Eventually, after a couple of fixes.)

More than anything, the changes to Valkyr's ult directly affect her playstyle. Since her playstyle varies greatly across the community, we see in Valkyr feedback that while some find her unplayable now, others don't even notice the difference and still love her gameplay. Therefore, a Tenno would do well to examine how Valkyr is played by the individual leaving the feedback. If that Tenno's old strategy was to take the Warframe with a fat amount of health regen and the highest base Armor in the game and set her up so she never used either one of these features, it's no wonder they'll be having a bad time with the update.

37 minutes ago, RadriarTheGodKing said:

All Valk has is warcry and stun. Ripline isnt really worth an ability due to Movement 2.0

Personally I'd like to see Ripline's original functionality restored. The bulk of its' useful traits became bugged after the release of Parkour 2.0, which indirectly touched a lot of general airborne maneuverability properties she (and all frames) had. I made a thorough thread about those bugs a week or so after the patch, maybe getting close to a year ago by now, as well as forum PMs and Tweets to the staff about it. I never got a response though Steve did favorite one of the tweets which gave me some hope at the time.

When they pushed through her update alongside the release of the deluxe skin, Ripline lost even more unique traits with the majority of the preexisting bugs remaining, and it's been left that way ever since. As it sits currently, Ripline it is a pretty shallow ability. I'd love to give another shot at opening up a discussion with DE about the whole thing though I doubt I'd get much support from the community about it. Valkyr used to be my favorite frame, taking up more than 65% of my playtime and continuity bringing me back to the game. After the maneuverability changes which severely hampered my play style I don't play nearly as much as I used to, being much more restricted and grounded than ever before.

I take no stake in the discussion over Hysteria. How that ability functioned over its various forms was never make or break for me. I do miss the advantage of being able to pay a flat cost rather than the current vulnerability of dropping Hysteria due to being drained by a energy leech aura.

Edited by rehspuhkuh
grammer, typos

4 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

80 seconds is quite a long time to be absolutely impervious to damage. I'm pretty sure the devs have officially stated that you are not supposed to use Hysteria for an entire mission, and, in fact, you are only supposed to use it in dire situations. Most of which you should be able to get out of in far less than 80 seconds. 

80 second of being nearly pointless after is a rather short time from my understanding in my long term survival missions with primed flow and ect

(I suggest hysteria increases your melee weapons damage and attack speed while having an armor reduction with innate life drain)

(note I would also suggest activation being 0 but having it drain per second according to the cold mech and having it drain maybe 1-2 per hit so it feels like it works well with rage ;p)

(if there was a armor reduction I'd suggest they set it at around base 50% capping at whatever they need)

1 minute ago, Implodingbanana said:

she's fine, I play her regularly and I haven't had a problem. she has the highest armor in the game for a reason plus her mobility makes her a force to be reckoned with. don't depend on hysteria to get you through missions, she can still destroy enemies without it. I use her Hysteria as a last resort if my health is below 100 or if i need to clear a group of enemies quickly, just find a  new purpose for it.

in high missions she doesn't last long tbh x3

Just now, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

80 second of being nearly pointless after is a rather short time from my understanding in my long term survival missions with primed flow and ect

(I suggest hysteria increases your melee weapons damage and attack speed while having an armor reduction with innate life drain)

(note I would also suggest activation being 0 but having it drain per second according to the cold mech and having it drain maybe 1-2 per hit so it feels like it works well with rage ;p)

(if there was a armor reduction I'd suggest they set it at around base 50% capping at whatever they need)

in high missions she doesn't last long tbh x3

the only missions iv'e had trouble with so far are the sorties, and even then her mobility is usually enough to get me through until i can activate my hysteria