The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valk is dead... Please revive her! [READ BEFORE THROWING SHADE]

RadriarTheGodKing

1 hour ago, Rhaenxys said:

To be honest, thats fairly easy considering defy doesnt have accumulated damage who can potentially killing you in one hit and the cast time is pretty short even without shadow step finding one spot to recast defy is very easy and it takes just one second.

I think wukong`s defy is fine, however how DE is dealing with valkyr is not the correct path imo.

You can even cast defy while in cloud walker since cloud walker wipes out status effect and makes you invulnerable to all sources of damage.

On 8/12/2016 at 1:17 PM, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

The Irony of all this is DE messed up. Instead of actually stopping the Hystra spam.They made people make more builds around It.  They tried to put a limit,but ended up contesting players. People now player her more now then before. All,the nerf really did was let people who already have prime mods a eaiser time.

That's not true at all about more people playing her.

whats sad is that design council majority voted hysteria augment to be a teleport instead of while in hysteria she gets enemy aggro, couldve been a tank but now she can be ash yipee

ripline seems like a gimmick or joke skill, we have bullet jump now and who wants to use a less efficient pull

i too did not understand why valkyr was/is infamous, she may seem 'cheap' but she takes more work to use than ash or a simulor, melee is quite a limiting playstyle in this game

but just watch, whatever lets players go into 90 min survivals will all be nerfed, such changes are easier than a new scaling system and seriously valkyr works on the star chart except for the level 40-50 void missions those guys hurt for a lot and it baffles me how they can 3 shot steel fiber vitality valkyr

I dont understand the fuss about all this. Valkyr cannot be compared to other frames like excalibur because one is an offensive frame using CC and strong attacks to deal with enemies. While valkyr is a melee frame using her abilities to slow the crowd, make her more durable and faster and just tank all damage.

Hysteria no longer a win skill but an emergency button to keep you and your team alive. I admit half her skills are kinda boring and rarely used but warcry and hysteria can be amazing.

I love Valkyr to bits and dont feel too hurt by the nerf.

7 hours ago, The_Ignoble said:

i too did not understand why valkyr was/is infamous, she may seem 'cheap' but she takes more work to use than ash or a simulor, melee is quite a limiting playstyle in this game

but just watch, whatever lets players go into 90 min survivals will all be nerfed, such changes are easier than a new scaling system and seriously valkyr works on the star chart except for the level 40-50 void missions those guys hurt for a lot and it baffles me how they can 3 shot steel fiber vitality valkyr

I got a feeling Valk got something dodgy on her armor, on same mobs (survival grineer) my Inaros and Chroma (heat) feel that they can take so much more punches with kinda the same armor as Valk, but sometimes mobs just blow 70-80% of my HP in just a split second.

And those who disliked Valk so much, probably are the ash and mirasyn players, only 1 or 2 have to have a i-win button right? :P

On 7/26/2016 at 2:51 PM, (PS4)avatar-heart said:

generally a hysteria build alone is pointless while it flows better with warcry having the simple build of warcry while being able to pop  quick hysteria for life gen..... regardless I've around 1600 hours with valk and she is my favorite frame........ BUT

• 1st sucks and is pointless
  • 2nd sucks and is MOSTLY pointless
  • 3rd is good BUT chroma for example as a much better multiplicative armor additions while valk suffers from the older additive armor buff meaning chroma pretty is sitting with twice as much as valk while having everything for a lower cost.... and etenral warcry is MANDATORY not a agument anymore..
  • 4th is "ok" for a quick pop to heal BUT builds centered towards it are lackluster...

on the plus side

• high base armor (second highest in game in max builds)
  • has the mandatory eternal to make warycry actually really good tbh overall
  • I've solo'd her (without hysteria) about 2.5-3 hours in the void, she is a one trick pony for the most part but warcry is a pretty decent trick
  Reveal hidden contents

This summarizes all of my issues with Valkyr, I love her, but her other abilties are just... meh . Doing the spider man thing is fun on occasion, but it doesn't really fit for anything.