Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why couldn't we have both the old void and the new void?

pagepro

The more I think about this the more I realize that we could easily have included both fissures and old void farming.

Why is it okay to effectively remove old content instead of keeping the old and giving us the new. By having both options available the players who enjoy the old and new void would be happy.

This also gives everyone more options in game which is never a bad thing.

We used keys, alright but we could have a system where we melt down the relic into a void key using the fancy void relic refinement station.

We need to stop getting rid of things that work and instead introduce new things entirely. Add MORE content to the game without getting rid of current content or we will forever have the constant feeling of lack of content. 

I have never seen a game that releases an expansion/content but throws everything before it out of the window. No, what they do is keep it around for the people who still enjoy it but add new things for the others to do.

That is what should have been done with the void and anything else that Warframe has.

For instance the tactical alerts. Lets imagine if they continued to stay in the game instead of being time gated. We would be complaining about too much to do. This is how it should be. 

What if I want to fight the acolytes while I'm battling razorback?

We need more reasons to continue to play this game.

Lore reasons, the old void is going to explode.

In other words, Warframe is moving forward for the first time in a few years.

They didn't get rid of the old Void, they just took away their prime rewards and replaced them with relics.

Edited by BlazerEraser

Well, they could at least leave defense, interception (and maybe survival) as they were. So people could choose how they want to do void. If DE thinks it were too easy to farm old way, they can make some "entrance fee", like 100 fragments to start defense mission.

2 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

Well, they could at least leave defense, interception (and maybe survival) as they were. So people could choose how they want to do void. If DE thinks it were too easy to farm old way, they can make some "entrance fee", like 100 fragments to start defense mission.

Honestly there's no difference in dificulty between old void and void fissures, except that with fissures you can at least band together with people of the same relic and increase your odds of getting what you want in contrast of playing for 2-4 hours straight (1 hour per keyshare)

5 minutes ago, BlazerEraser said:

Honestly there's no difference in dificulty between old void and void fissures, except that with fissures you can at least band together with people of the same relic and increase your odds of getting what you want in contrast of playing for 2-4 hours straight (1 hour per keyshare)

The only major difference is absence of "endless" missions. Maybe they are still thinking of a way how to make them work with a new system, but now those two missions just disappeared and a lot of people liked them

3 hours ago, pagepro said:

The more I think about this the more I realize that we could easily have included both fissures and old void farming.

Why is it okay to effectively remove old content instead of keeping the old and giving us the new. By having both options available the players who enjoy the old and new void would be happy.

This also gives everyone more options in game which is never a bad thing.

We used keys, alright but we could have a system where we melt down the relic into a void key using the fancy void relic refinement station.

We need to stop getting rid of things that work and instead introduce new things entirely. Add MORE content to the game without getting rid of current content or we will forever have the constant feeling of lack of content. 

I have never seen a game that releases an expansion/content but throws everything before it out of the window. No, what they do is keep it around for the people who still enjoy it but add new things for the others to do.

That is what should have been done with the void and anything else that Warframe has.

For instance the tactical alerts. Lets imagine if they continued to stay in the game instead of being time gated. We would be complaining about too much to do. This is how it should be. 

What if I want to fight the acolytes while I'm battling razorback?

Some of the player need more reasons to continue to play this game.

I am correcting it because there are player who prefer to move forward than to linger around the past and enjoying the current format.

2 hours ago, Hesyol said:

The only major difference is absence of "endless" missions. Maybe they are still thinking of a way how to make them work with a new system, but now those two missions just disappeared and a lot of people liked them

Yeah that's the only really big annoyance about this update, now that the dust has settled and things have been tweaked nicely.  It was always fun to do 20/40 min/wave Defences and Survivals now and then, it was a more intensive form of gameplay, and more of a team thing.  I really miss it.

4 hours ago, BlazerEraser said:

Lore reasons, the old void is going to explode.

In other words, Warframe is moving forward for the first time in a few years.

They didn't get rid of the old Void, they just took away their prime rewards and replaced them with relics.

Also, fragmenting the population is not a good idea. In the old void, you had the population split by tiers and keys. The new system splits only by tiers. Now imagine splitting the population by tiers twice (lith, meso, neo, axi, t1, t2, t3, t4 keys) and then splitting it once again for extermination, survival, defense, capture, sabotage, interception keys. It'll result in a too fragmented playerbase that is just a mess. 

The goal of the current system is to keep everything alive. In the old one, there were keys that nobody did. T1 def comes to mind. The relic/fissure system's goal was to alleviate that problem by letting the player do whatever "key" they wished, without having to find other players doing the exact same thing. They only need players in the same tier.

i think that all they needed to do was make all prime parts available on every void mission, to make farming for junk parts (to turn into ducats) easier, and if you need a particular Prime part, you'd just run a fissure for what you need. people would still play the Void so that they can afford Baro's wares, with the off-chance that maybe they get a Prime part they need, meanwhile you would have more chance of getting specific items thanks to the new void system. win-win.

De definitely needs to make the Void rewarding again, it seems like such a shame to see an entire Tileset go to waste.

They'll make better drop for relics, and and relic drop table. So the whole regular map will be relic farm land, and tears will stay the new "old void"

Imo it's almost perfect. The big flaw is that the tear minigame is alway the same. Even after this patch it's kinda boring, and almost less fun than searching for the tear and breaking it.

They should make more different tears mechanics. One like the old one (seek the tear and break it) on like the actual (charge your relic from anywhere) one with vor (kill a hard corrupted vor from the fissure) one with a portal to spy room, one with blblblbl. etc, etc

Edited by Xgomme

Lets be real, something had to change. The old system had a lot of problems.
-You spent an exorbitant amount of time in the Void trying to get that one elusive Prime part that wouldn't drop. As such, if you actually needed resources that weren't Alloy Plates, Rubedo, and Control Modules, you'd probably have some problems.
-The same tileset and enemies. Over. And over. And over.
-Every time a new Prime came out, they'd dump it all on Rotation C for one of the endless missions. I believe it was Akstiletto Prime that had at least 3 of 4 parts on Rotation C on endless missions. Utterly ridiculous. And then other missions would be completely ignored altogether.
-Heavy reliance on either the forums or wiki to find out what dropped from which key.
-No chance for a different Prime item if you don't like what you got. Even if you just spent two hours on a Defense mission. Gotta burn another key.
-RNG was locked. No Luck stat, no chance to even potentially influence the odds in your favor to get rare parts. Just pray that RNGeesus likes you today, and if not... well, too bad. Hope you have another key.

I could go on for a long while, but when compared to the new system, the old one was just... bad. Like, really bad. Literally all of the above problems have been fixed or removed due to the new system's implementation. New problems have arose, obviously (like the fact that raids and sorties are now the only reliable means of getting credits, since the Void is no longer an option), but hopefully those will be addressed.

Edited by Camelslayer