Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the hell do max ranked weapons eat affinity

Cenat

37 minutes ago, Gladeus-Ex-Machina said:

Because it either goes to focus, or you're overusing a weapon, which hampers your usage of another weapon or frame.

What's wrong with using a weapon at rank 30 for long periods of time? Why does it hinder usage of other weapons and frames? Are we supposed to be ditching most of our weapons as soon as they reach 30? Are we supposed to be ignoring our favourite weapons once they reach 30 because they're 30? This "Overusing" concept confuses me.

2 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

What's wrong with using a weapon at rank 30 for long periods of time? Why does it hinder usage of other weapons and frames? Are we supposed to be ditching most of our weapons as soon as they reach 30? Are we supposed to be ignoring our favourite weapons once they reach 30 because they're 30? This "Overusing" concept confuses me.

No you aren't but it just takes longer to rank things I do that I just carry the weapon I need to rank and my favorites.

3 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

48 minutes ago, Cenat said:

Title. I mean what the heck???

No, it's perfectly reasonable. You use a weapon, you get better at using that weapon. You get perfect at using that weapon, but if you still use it, then you can't get better at using other weapons.

To me it seems you want to gain affinity for other weapons while using other weapons? Either way, this systems doesn't have any glaring issues, so I very much doubt you will see any kind of changes in the future.

40 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Because otherwise you could be earning affinity efficiently, which isn't what DE wants.

Well, today I leveled up a primary and a secondary farming axi fissures mobile defense. I was getting an average of 80k affinity per weapon, including bonus. It was going up fairly quickly. It's not as good as draco, but with the way fissures currently work, affinity is plentiful.

Just now, QuietBiro said:

Well, today I leveled up a primary and a secondary farming axi fissures mobile defense. I was getting an average of 80k affinity per weapon, including bonus. It was going up fairly quickly. It's not as good as draco, but with the way fissures currently work, affinity is plentiful.

Yup but you could levelup your side weapons way faster if maxed weapon wouldn't eat the affinity...

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

Yup but you could levelup your side weapons way faster if maxed weapon wouldn't eat the affinity...

You don't have to take maxed weapons if you don't want them eating affinity. With the current system, you're trading affinity for power which I don't feel is unfair.

6 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

There's nothing wrong using a rank 30 weapon (I'm not sure I even implied that). Simply, the more you use anything by itself, the better 'experience' you should get. I'm not expecting you to ditch your favorite weapon, just the counterpoint that having more weapons is just splitting your attention.

And your points are different entirely if we're talking purely about gaining affinity or just using weapons in general.

3 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Because it's not like you are going to get better at using another weapon when you are using the maxed out weapon? :clem:

But pratice with that weapon to truly master it.

5 Formal latter and I'm still praticing my MLG180QuickScope420BlazeItYoloSwag with my Rubico, but I'm better than I was when I started.

Edited by Venom-Snake

3 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

No, it's perfectly reasonable. You use a weapon, you get better at using that weapon. You get perfect at using that weapon, but if you still use it, then you can't get better at using other weapons.

To me it seems you want to gain affinity for other weapons while using other weapons? Either way, this systems doesn't have any glaring issues, so I very much doubt you will see any kind of changes in the future.

I can sit in a corner doing virtually very little (you need to move once in a while and I must stay within a certain distance of my team) with a full rank 0 load out and let my team kill all the bad guys, gaining copious amounts of affinity while NOT using any weapon or any ability so please do not try to explain or defend an arbitrary system that makes little sense in the first place.

Things are as DE wants them to be, it has nothing to do with being reasonable or making sense.  

20 hours ago, Numbsky1 said:

I can sit in a corner doing virtually very little (you need to move once in a while and I must stay within a certain distance of my team) with a full rank 0 load out and let my team kill all the bad guys, gaining copious amounts of affinity while NOT using any weapon or any ability so please do not try to explain or defend an arbitrary system that makes little sense in the first place.

Things are as DE wants them to be, it has nothing to do with being reasonable or making sense.  

That is the shared affinity, not the affinity you gain by using that weapon itself.

9 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

That is the shared affinity, not the affinity you gain by using that weapon itself.

And how do you logically and with common sense explain that "shared affinity"? Did you gain experience without even seeing how the deed was done just by being close to someone, how does that make sense?  

Do you see my point or do you just want to argue for stupidity reasons and having the last word just like it is popular these days?

It is an arbitrary system that has no logic but was chosen to promote co op play, there is little sense or logic behind it no matter how hard you try and to be honest, there does not have to be any logic behind it since this is a game about space ninjas with magical powers, dogs, cats and pixie dust, it defies logic and common sense permanently.

Please do not go on and try to interpret something into our game mechanics that is not there.  

14 hours ago, Numbsky1 said:

And how do you logically and with common sense explain that "shared affinity"? Did you gain experience without even seeing how the deed was done just by being close to someone, how does that make sense?  

Do you see my point or do you just want to argue for stupidity reasons and having the last word just like it is popular these days?

It is an arbitrary system that has no logic but was chosen to promote co op play, there is little sense or logic behind it no matter how hard you try and to be honest, there does not have to be any logic behind it since this is a game about space ninjas with magical powers, dogs, cats and pixie dust, it defies logic and common sense permanently.

Please do not go on and try to interpret something into our game mechanics that is not there.  

Shared affinity = game incentive to make you play in a squad. Do not think it further than this, there is no logical explication.