Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we be a bit rewarded for doing "endless" Void Fissure mission?

Epsik-kun

26 minutes ago, BlazerEraser said:

Void survival used to be very profitable but time demanding, true. 

One way they could simulate that would be by allowing us to carry multiple numbers of the same relic and, during survival fissures, make us collect another round of reactants for the next relic in our inventory.

No, it doesn't give you more prime stuff per relic, because that would not make sense.

I like this. You pick one relic type, and it will use 1 relic for each 5 min you stay in, plus as its getting harder over time,you get a small but increasing amount of trace per 5 min. (replace time for waves or extractions ect as needed.)

1 hour ago, chaotea said:

I like this. You pick one relic type, and it will use 1 relic for each 5 min you stay in, plus as its getting harder over time,you get a small but increasing amount of trace per 5 min. (replace time for waves or extractions ect as needed.)

I still think @AM-Bunny made a good point against this, but I would be happy if instead of bringing in more than one relic, you just bring in the one and if you stay longer you get more traces. I think that's the best compromise.

Again kudos to @Vitodo for being the first one I've seen come up with that idea.

Edited by JSharpie

5 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

But they still exist. The only good suggestion I've seen for making them endless is by @Vitodo so far. Make void traces continue to drop past 5mins, 5waves, 1exc, etc.

Edit: Just to continue my point. You can still play them endlessly and get relic drops, more affinity, more credits, more resources, more mods, etc. You just don't get another prime part for it which I'm fine with. People are sad that there are no endless missions anymore, because they still exist, they're sad because they no longer get 4 or 8 or 10 or whatever number potential prime parts anymore.

Well I agree that getting a part every 5 min is a bit too much. So yeah people can get void traces or maybe some bonus affinity. Just would be nice to see defense and interception missions with new fissure mechanics 

42 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

That sounds more like a real suggestion. I can get behind that.

10 waves for defense, 10 minutes for survival, 3 excavations, 2 interceptions rounds. But then you would get people complaining "I could do this in 5 minutes before! Now I have to waste more time for only one reward! Come on DE you're droppin' the ball here". Threads like that are a dime a dozen.

Not so much for excavation, but the limited survival/defense/intercept I can get behind. 

And with regards to "those" people, their threads are a dime a dozen, and they show up regardless of what happens... 

I personally think the current system is heading the right direction but for those people who just can live without getting multiple prime parts from a mission(whilst saying they just genuinely like endless mission), what if when you entered a endless mission then game let you know that you can open multiple copies of the relic type you choose.

Basically lets say you have 30 AXI V1 relics, you choose a survival fissure. The single relic(intact, or otherwise) that you choose from the relic selection screen will be the one that opens at the end of the mission(This way you can still get the skewed drop table from your radiant relic). Now during the mission you can now choose to open multiple relics buy pressing "Q" and clicking a button below your emotes that says something like "Charge Another Relic". When you select this button it will consume from those 30 relics in your inventory(when you no longer have any the button will be greyed out). You can charge the relics independently of your squad mates(separate rewards as well), how fast you complete collecting the 10 reactants determines how many of the 30 relics you own that you can open within whatever interval you plan on staying in the mission.

This way you can get multiple prime parts from your endless mission but the 1 relic/part mechanic still remains.

1 hour ago, Schregger said:

Not so much for excavation, but the limited survival/defense/intercept I can get behind. 

And with regards to "those" people, their threads are a dime a dozen, and they show up regardless of what happens... 

Excavation is already the best Core farm outside Fomorian events though. So it would give some much needed weight to Surv/Def missions.

It makes sense Void Traces drop in the Void. It makes no sense Fissure appear in the Void and Corrupted enemies get Corrupted and there's no Void Excavation anyways.

While it's not perfect since I'd still never do low Tier endless stuff since it doesn't drop R5 x5. Keep Fissure out of the Void but add Traces. We get to see the star map via endless Fissures and keep the Void endless missions since they drop endless Traces. The only missions in question would be Lith Relic type missions.

6 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them. And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Well said. 

3 hours ago, RacerDelux said:

I think endless void missions should have a special drop table. One that does not give prime stuff, but has items like r5 fusion cores, orikin cells, other rare materials, maybe even a rare chance to get some of the clan tech resources etc.

While you would not get more than one prime part, you would get some pretty nice swag to go along with the increased difficulty.

I think this is a great idea

I understand, that asking for extra prime parts drop is too much with the new system. That's why I am only asking for extra traces - just to justify the mission itself. Because currently, continuing running "endless" fissure mission does provide increased difficulty (constant fissure explosions all over the place), but doesn't provide any compensation for that increased difficulty.