Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Simulor overpowered/overused

KingAlkaiser

12 minutes ago, Lord.Kaho said:

If Valkyr on Hysteria was shooting aoe exalted waves while being invulnerable was implemented, should just not use it?

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

There's always the matter of CHOICE, my friend. 

Many will prefer to use Valkyr, while I have only used Valkyr ONCE since U18 dropped and I prefer to use Chroma. Many will prefer the Akstilleto Prime over the Lex Prime, while I'm over here using the Vaykor Marelok. Some crave the Fragor Prime, others the Nikana Prime - while I'm still using the Dual Ichors. So, yeah, some will use the Synoid Simulor others will use the Tonkor - and as stupid as it sounds, I'm a bow man: I'm happy with the Paris Prime, Rakta Cernos or Dread.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you see where I'm going.

The Synoid Simulor's AOE range is identical to most AOE based weapons. As for its damage output, you must be on drugs to say that it's anywhere near the most powerful weapons in this game. It just happens to dish out stable, reliable damage, which makes it an excellent "trash" cleaner. It's also a MR 12 syndicate weapon, it is supposed to be a good weapon, not mastery fodder. As for using a frame's power to call a nerf on a weapon, I'm sorry but moronic is the only word that comes to mind here.

I'd also like to point out that AOE weapons received a nerf. They no longer get headshot damage bonus. Which, if you had any knowledge of damage bonus headshots provide in this game, should have stopped you from creating such an absurd thread OP. It also seems to me the main motive for this thread is the fact that many people use that weapon, which angers you because... reasons? Or is it because end mission stats are that important for your ego that you cannot bear not being the "best"? I don't know, seems an awful lot like hurt pride to me, even though I may be wrong. I just don't see any valid argument here, no matter how much I look.

There are other weapons that are actually much stronger, and don't require "skill" (as if this game requires any in the first place... pathetic excuse) or aiming either, and clear rooms of any hostile presence even faster. All that without the 20m range limitation or need to shoot at least twice before you can get even ONE tick of damage, unless you blow up the first projectile, which takes just as long and doesn't deal that much damage to boot.

Have you even tried that weapon outside of lower level missions? How many weapons have you tried to begin with? Do you have any idea how in every game the meta shifts and how whining that a weapon is OP when much more important parts of the game are utterly imbalanced or downright broken is a misguided and unconstructive thing to do?

17 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

The Synoid Simulor's AOE range is identical to most AOE based weapons. As for its damage output, you must be on drugs to say that it's anywhere near the most powerful weapons in this game. It just happens to dish out stable, reliable damage, which makes it an excellent "trash" cleaner. It's also a MR 12 syndicate weapon, it is supposed to be a good weapon, not mastery fodder. As for using a frame's power to call a nerf on a weapon, I'm sorry but moronic is the only word that comes to mind here.

I'd also like to point out that AOE weapons received a nerf. They no longer get headshot damage bonus. Which, if you had any knowledge of damage bonus headshots provide in this game, should have stopped you from creating such an absurd thread OP. It also seems to me the main motive for this thread is the fact that many people use that weapon, which angers you because... reasons? Or is it because end mission stats are that important for your ego that you cannot bear not being the "best"? I don't know, seems an awful lot like hurt pride to me, even though I may be wrong. I just don't see any valid argument here, no matter how much I look.

There are other weapons that are actually much stronger, and don't require "skill" (as if this game requires any in the first place... pathetic excuse) or aiming either, and clear rooms of any hostile presence even faster. All that without the 20m range limitation or need to shoot at least twice before you can get even ONE tick of damage, unless you blow up the first projectile, which takes just as long and doesn't deal that much damage to boot.

Have you even tried that weapon outside of lower level missions? How many weapons have you tried to begin with? Do you have any idea how in every game the meta shifts and how whining that a weapon is OP when much more important parts of the game are utterly imbalanced or downright broken is a misguided and unconstructive thing to do?

This

23 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

I'd also like to point out that AOE weapons received a nerf.

No, they were not nerfed, the perma critical headshot was a bug all along, meaning people using them have been exploiting this whole time.

About simulor and OP weapons, I think people do not want to say the same thing by saying "OP".

For some it means "the best" as in "stronk", which is legit; and for others it means "broken" as in "exploiting a design failure" which is not legit.

See the difference in opinions now ?

after Synoid Symulor, then Vaykor Hek. But please nerf Tonkor first. Tonkor is cancer.

I can list a lot of weapons DE should nerf here : Tonkor, Synoid Symulor, Vaykor Hek, Vaykor Marelok, Nikana Prime, War, Broken War, Santi Tigris, Tigris Prime, Sonicor, Ignis, ...and Kulstar too, too OP.

Please nerf them all.

Edited by (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar

35 minutes ago, Kitzun said:

No, they were not nerfed, the perma critical headshot was a bug all along, meaning people using them have been exploiting this whole time.

About simulor and OP weapons, I think people do not want to say the same thing by saying "OP".

For some it means "the best" as in "stronk", which is legit; and for others it means "broken" as in "exploiting a design failure" which is not legit.

See the difference in opinions now ?

Oh so you're saying it was never strong. What is this thread here?

3 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

I like how everyone complained about how bad the regular simulor was due to no supplementary stats and then when all it gets are utility buffs(and a slight max damage nerf) and a syndicate proc(not exclusive to the simulor)Its op all of a sudden 

I haven't used the Simulor so I can't say for certain, but I think the main issue here is that the damage radius was more-than-doubled with the SSimulor's release.

The Simulor has one of the smallest base AoE radii in the game, at roughly ~5m (needs testing to be certain). The SSimulor, on the other hand, has the largest base AoE radius of any weapon in the game, at 11m (which I've tested and confirmed myself)-- being beaten only by Firestorm Tonkor. Let that sink in for a bit-- the Simulor can clog doorways and chokepoints, whereas the SSimulor can wipe out small rooms with the same amount of effort.

By the way, I haven't played in a couple weeks, but I heard that the devs finally fixed AoE weapons landing headshots. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Because if so, then that's a pretty substantial nerf for SSimulor already. It could be a good first step to turning it into a good utility weapon rather than a boring ol' "nuke the room" weapon.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 minute ago, SortaRandom said:

I haven't used the Simulor so I can't say for certain, but I think the main issue here is that the damage radius was more-than-doubled with the SSimulor's release.

The Simulor has one of the smallest base AoE radii in the game, at roughly ~5m (needs testing to be certain). The SSimulor, on the other hand, has the largest base AoE radius of any weapon in the game, at 11m (which I've tested and confirmed myself)-- being beaten only by Firestorm Tonkor. Let that sink in for a bit-- the Simulor can clog doorways and chokepoints, whereas the SSimulor can wipe out small rooms with the same amount of effort.

And its balanced by the fact that it can't even use fire storm. If it gets a radius nerf that mod needs to be available

Just now, OzoneSlayer said:

And its balanced by the fact that it can't even use fire storm. If it gets a radius nerf that mod needs to be available

Yeah, I agree. I was just explaining why the SSimulor is considered OP while the regular Simulor is clunky and horrible.

2 hours ago, Momaw said:

Please understand that this argument has come up millions of times, and it's just as wrong now as it has been all previous times it's been brought up. The counter that you can't ignore is that: I can refuse to use it but I can't stop OTHER people from using it which kills freeform matchmaking, and, having obviously superior weapons/strategies that give the same rewards with less effort or less time effectively gives us "elective difficulty". DE must balance rewards and challenge based on the lowest common denominator, which means moving forward that anybody NOT using abusive and cheesy stuff like Synoid Simulor is deliberately sacrificing in order to avoid overpowered weapons.

In short: you argument is, has been, and will be, unhealthy for the game and can, should, must, be ignored.

There will always be a weapon that is the most powerful weapon.  However it seems best for gameplay that the strongest weapon also be the one that is hardest to use or most limited in some way. This is why nobody complains about sniper rifles that can do 100K damage on a headshot, but they do complain about a few thousand damage in a 15 meter no-LOS, no-skill, no-aim spam gun. The lazier the player is, the less they should be rewarded for it.... But Synoid Simulor is both incredibly lazy, and more effective than most other weapons because of how many enemies it can simultaneously hit.  That's why it's OP.

Self defeating argument. How many Supras do you actually see people using, compared to Synoid Simulor? (Hint: Very very few.)  Even after Supra got buffed, it's nowhere near close to the top of the pile. It certainly can't wipe out entire rooms with a few un-aimed shots.

In a game with 85 primary weapons, seeing any specific one often enough to notice it being more common is kind of a bad sign balance-wise.

What are you getting at? I don't care really if nobody uses Supra. I just made an example what the weapon will become after nerf. Nobody will use Synoid Simulor if it's nerfed to hell. You'll know what happen if DE gives in to the whiners. You're just one of those who want to just delete the weapon.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

after Synoid Symulor, then Vaykor Hek. But please nerf Tonkor first. Tonkor is cancer.

I can list a lot of weapons DE should nerf here : Tonkor, Synoid Symulor, Vaykor Hek, Vaykor Marelok, Nikana Prime, War, Broken War, Santi Tigris, Tigris Prime, Sonicor, Ignis, ...and Kulstar too, too OP.

Please nerf them all.

Did you really say Ignis? It's REALLY bad without Ember's accelerant. You even said Sonicor, I don't even... How is Sonicor even broken? It is our CC gun. We can't have a CC gun????

3 hours ago, Marthrym said:

raw

1 hour ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

Please nerf them all.

YAGpXPd.png

29 minutes ago, Irregardless_Existence said:

Did you really say Ignis? It's REALLY bad without Ember's accelerant. You even said Sonicor, I don't even... How is Sonicor even broken? It is our CC gun. We can't have a CC gun????

They both kill everything in them room without much skill. And endless missions are irrelevant now

Main problem I have with the Synoid is that the mirage spamming it can cause people to lag and it's eye cancer to look at the mess of swirly crap, other than that, I don't have too many problems with it (other than someone bringing maxed out gear, including the simirage build into Lith fissures).

Edited by Hayabusa97

1 hour ago, OzoneSlayer said:

They both kill everything in them room without much skill. And endless missions are irrelevant now

Without much skill? You must be joking. This isn't an FPS. Sonicor even has a horrible reload speed. Balancing weapons for trash mobs is really stupid too. Some melee weapons do the same thing and you're not yelling nerf because of them, now are you? It's because majority of people use mostly Nikana type weapons with really horrible range.

You're just lying to yourself. If people get kills with their weapons they must be deleted, right? No. 

Nerfing to the ground is pretty much deleting at this point.

Edited by Irregardless_Existence

8 minutes ago, Irregardless_Existence said:

Without much skill? You must be joking. This isn't an FPS. Sonicor even has a horrible reload speed. Balancing weapons for trash mobs is really stupid too. Some melee weapons do the same thing and you're not yelling nerf because of them, now are you? It's because people use mostly Nikana type weapons with really horrible range.

You're just lying to yourself. If people get kills with their weapons they must be deleted, right? No. 

Nerfing to the ground is pretty much deleting at this point.

My point is that if synoid simulor needs a nerf because its easy to use, then they need a nerf as well. That's the only point I'm making. I don't want anything to get nerfed

OP also should understand that when it comes to Nullys & bosses this gun is not as OP as it seems as it takes multiple Vortexs & Shots to Get rid of a Nully Bubble & It also takes Time to kill bosses so while it's strong it's definitely not the most op weapon in the game.

& it has drawbacks as the range is bad on it as the Vortex only goes so far before sitting still..

I think ur just out here to complain vs Just enjoying the game like others have said Don't like the weapon don't use it otherwise run solo or with squads u know won't use the weapon..

This thread is pointless as I can name other weapons more OP then the Synoid Simulor besides these weapons have already been nerfed once. That's enough for now... good night