Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Prime vs Nakina Prime

Shroomaay

Question

22 answers to this question

They are about the same to me.

Single target and not slide attacking I like Nikana P.

Multiple targets and a day where I am up for "Slide Attack-Palooza"? Orthos Prime wins out.

I use the Redeemer more than either though as I want to spread my Message of Death far and wide to all.

Well, I'd take Nikana Prime for crit build and use either pure elemental mods or the dual mods to make a hybrid crit/status weapon, in addition with the sweet Conclave skin for it, however, Orthos Prime with Primed Reach doesn't sound bad, so it's more about your taste. 

Nikana is an overrated "meh" at what it is doing.

Orthos Prime is one of the best (if not the best) melee weapons for 99% of this game's content.

Damage of Orthos does fall off faster than damage of Nikana, however when it does, there are weapons that are much better than Nikana.

Orthos Prime is better. Can hit 12x more targets per swing than the Nikana and faster attack rate. It does have less damage, but slap Shadow Step on yourself and you will do 12000 damage per hit just the same, so the whole "Nikana does more damage so it's better" is just dumb. Nikana is only better for single targets, so it is better for... boss missions, only. 

7 minutes ago, Shroomaay said:

Well, I know tons of you guys said nakana prime, but, I started building Orthos prime anyway. I hope it was a good choice still.

Well all the prime'd melees are good. maybe except the founder exclusive skana prime

They are two different weapons. Nikana Prime is a jolly, you can mod it in any way you want. Good damage, speed and crit chance makes it perfect for a Blood Rush build and for endgame. I also use a Primed Reach on it so I can hit more targets and build that combo faster.

But the Orthos Prime with a primed reach is unbeatable in that. In a few attacks you can easily achieve the 2,5 combo multipliers and so, even if it doesn't have a high crit, with Blodd Rush you can deal bursts of damage. I also use it with a Melee Saryn to pop those spores faster and spread Viral and Toxin all around. Even if it doesn't have the same choice of stances like Nikana Prime, its reach alone compensate that, even just to use it as a quick weapon to keep the enemies at distance

So it's really up to you. Both are a good choice