Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag, Useless? What's Wrong With People

otaku0x

No, she is useless. It's not about how well a frame does,it's about how well it does compared to all the others. There is no reason to take make over any other frame, more to the point, taking Mag is a handicap compared to using, say, Cal.

No, she is useless. It's not about how well a frame does,it's about how well it does compared to all the others. There is no reason to take make over any other frame, more to the point, taking Mag is a handicap compared to using, say, Cal.

This is true. Excalibur's skills all have a use once you learn where and when they come in handy. 

Mag's skills don't provide that same usefulness - past that fact that her 4 is absolutely fantastic her skillset suffers compared to some of the other Frames.

Mag getting a buff? Sounds great. But to go ahead and call Mag useless? That was a horrible thing. Players will complain about anything if they can't use it. Devs calling Mag useless hurt me inside </3

She is useless. Compared to every other Frame she has no place on the battlefield. You have more options if you really want "4 spamming Frame". And her Crush can't even ignore armor. Not to mention that Pull is utterly useless in 99% of the situations, Shield Polarize is a joke and Bullet Attractor is decreasing your Team's DPS instead of increasing it.

That's why she is first in the line to rework.

Really? People simply won't use Mags other abilities. I have saved countless waves by increasing the shield on the Pods when Playing defense. If there is a skill that is perhaps "useless" is Pull. The other 3 abilities all have usefulness. Back to the original argument, if a player won't take its time to learn and master a frame, then that player doesn't have the right to call Mag useless.

This is true. Excalibur's skills all have a use once you learn where and when they come in handy. 

Mag's skills don't provide that same usefulness - past that fact that her 4 is absolutely fantastic her skillset suffers compared to some of the other Frames.

Except her 4 doesn't have any damage scaling (damage reduced by armour) so is basically useless once you get to enemies above level 25 or so. That's a problem with most 4's in general actually, but the problem is compounded by Mag's lack of other useful powers to make up for it (The only reason Saryn is any better than Mag is because of the Godlike damage scaling her 4 benefits from).

I have saved countless waves by increasing the shield on the Pods when Playing defense

If you have to use this Crap skill to save the Wave Missions then perhaps you should join some "better" clan out there and see for yourself how the real Wave Defense looks like. Because any team that has to rely on this skill is... bad.

Really? People simply won't use Mags other abilities. I have saved countless waves by increasing the shield on the Pods when Playing defense. If there is a skill that is perhaps "useless" is Pull. The other 3 abilities all have usefulness. Back to the original argument, if a player won't take its time to learn and master a frame, then that player doesn't have the right to call Mag useless.

I guess I have the right to call her useless then, by your definition. Mag was the first 'frame I built back in closed beta, and she was my starter after the reset. I have played with Mag enough to know how to use her the best she can be used.

Perhaps it is you who needs to learn how to use the other frames properly? I think you would then see how poor mag shapes up compared to the rest of them.

Remember that Bullet Attractor actually negatively impacts a teams DPS instead of helping increase it.

Shield polarize is bland. It really should be swapped over to an AoE skill that Recharges allies and EMPs enemies caught in it.

now that sounds cool, plus its awkwward as hell to do when their is a mob surrounding your ally or vice versa on a boss

Remember that Bullet Attractor actually negatively impacts a teams DPS instead of helping increase it.

Shield polarize is bland. It really should be swapped over to an AoE skill that Recharges allies and EMPs enemies caught in it.

I like your idea, but I would much rather keep Shield Polarize over Bullet Attractor.

In comparison to the rest of the frames she is bad.

Pull is highly situational, only useful for pulling downed teammates towards yourself.

Bullet Attractor stops people shooting at weakpoints so it actually gimps what your team wants to do. And it's only really usable on bosses and ancients.

Shield Polarize is just plain crap. I can chew through shields just as efficiently with my weapon. Team mates will resort to ability spam when in danger to save themselves, and in terms of defense it's better to just kill the enemies fast than polarize the pod.

Crush falls off hard at higher levels in comparison to every other ultimate even with a maxed Focus.

I'm reading these, and thinking people just pass the word "Useless" off as "Not good".

Mag is not useless in terms of getting the job done. Same goes to a rock is not useless when hammering a nail into a board.

She is outperformed by many other, but not useless.

Add do WAY more shield damage when it does go off. Currently it's a joke to use on a Boss, who you'd think would be the obvious choice to shield strip. I would almost think doing it as a % loss thing would be better like say starting at 50% and scaling to 80% (50, 60, 70, 80) of enemies shields are just obliterated.