Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag, Useless? What's Wrong With People

otaku0x

Very helpful as support in Defense:

-Pull Toxics away from the cryopod

-Bullet Magnet would be more useful if there were a really fast moving mob that was hard to hit, which there aren't currently any :/

-Shield Polarize the cryopod when it gets low

-Crush to get rid of Crawlers, Jumpers, and Leapers

The thing is, Mag IS useless.

EVERYTHING she can do, other 'Frames can do better.

Nuker? Frost, Saryn, Banshee, Ember.

CC? Banshee, Frost, Saryn, Vauban, Nyx, Rhino.

Healing? Trinity.

Reviving fallen teammates? Ash, Loki, Trinity, Frost, Vauban, Rhino.

Restoring pod shields? They don't need to be restored if you don't let them get hit.

No excalibur.

OH noes he is even more useless D:

i have played mag before, and i have to say:

Pull: this skill's only usefulness is dragging downed teammates closer to you and out of hazardous areas/kill zones. its also usefull for pulling down shield lancer's shields. Other than this, it is VERY pointless.

Shield Polarize: this is useful i guess, on defense missions, but.... not really that necessary... frost's snow globe does a better job, or if your team cooperates better, the shield polarize wont be necessary... to add on, at higher mission levels, this skill is pointless in that very small mobs(like 2-3) can rip through the shields like knife through butter.

Bullet Attractor: this is good.... for people who cant aim well....the main damage is on the head, while it is true that its hard to hit a moving target(what? you expect them to stand still and let you hit them like a test dummy?) but guess what, you dont always have to hold down the right-click. i dont know... this skill feels like a crutch, for players with poor aim and no plans/motivation/determination to improve on that aim... it is also unacceptable that this skill is "awesome" only when combined with another warframe's power(cal's javelin). while it is nice to combine powers like this, it cannot be the only reason to use this skill....

Crush: i will admit... this skill is awesome... in the way it stops enemies and watching them crush into themselves... but the damage is very sad in that it doesnt ignore armor... which doesnt make sense, seeing as we just watched their armor crushing into itself... you would also think with the magnetism it would deplete enemies with shields as well, while applying all the damage... it is kinda funny though, since while their stuck, your teammates can fire on them to apply more damage... but this skill is gimped in its own way...

Mag's armor is pretty laughable... it is a pretty fast frame.... but... doesnt always help. it should be able to fend for itself (this statement should be true for all the warframes, and sometimes it isnt...sadly).

Edited by VoidWraith

No, she is useless. It's not about how well a frame does,it's about how well it does compared to all the others. There is no reason to take make over any other frame, more to the point, taking Mag is a handicap compared to using, say, Cal.

are you kidding me mag saved me countless times because of the real useless Loki  

I actually have some fun using Pull + Furax on Ancients.. Love that takedown animation.. I actually try NOT to use Crush, I'm trying to find some other utility. Recharging the pod's shields with Polarize is boring. I'd rather kill the stuff in the area and let them regen normally. Bullet attractor is a kind of useful way of saying "Take down this fella'."

Looking forward to her rework.

Alone she's kinda eh, and useless in rushes. Pull and Crush are damn fine skills used right though. It's the other two that need the reworking for sure. Maybe fix pull to pull more accurately too and she'd be useful aside from 4.

A pull that works in reverse would be impeccably useful. Just saying.

Edited by BadPoetry

Mag getting a buff? Sounds great. But to go ahead and call Mag useless? That was a horrible thing. Players will complain about anything if they can't use it. Devs calling Mag useless hurt me inside </3

You know why this thread turned into an argument?  Because you started it off with an inflammatory tone.

Remember that Bullet Attractor actually negatively impacts a teams DPS instead of helping increase it.

Shield polarize is bland. It really should be swapped over to an AoE skill that Recharges allies and EMPs enemies caught in it.

Excuse me while i multi-kill everything with Shield Polarize before it gets reworked

Mag's main problem is that she seems to be a one on one frame in a game about killing hordes.

Also remember that bullet attractor has the added benefit of shutting down non infested bosses/enemies as they will not shoot while bullet attractor is active on them.

Really? People simply won't use Mags other abilities. I have saved countless waves by increasing the shield on the Pods when Playing defense. If there is a skill that is perhaps "useless" is Pull. The other 3 abilities all have usefulness. Back to the original argument, if a player won't take its time to learn and master a frame, then that player doesn't have the right to call Mag useless.

thats one use for shield polarise, in one type of mission, in one specific situation.

it would be better if you are any kind of warframe and you stay with the cryopod to protect it.

she is now useless, but when she gets her rework she will be probably quite good

mag is cool always was her powers makes her strong unlike that Loki is useless

Hmm, my 30 mag is getting kinda dusti, my loki, well, he isn't.

Loki is pretty fantastic if you can overlook the fact he has no "push 1 button to kill loads of der mobs!" skills.

Loki is pretty fantastic if you can overlook the fact he has no "push 1 button to kill loads of der mobs!" skills.

Press 2 to become untargetable and turn all your melee attacks into crits! He needs Switch Teleport buffed in some way. The scariest thing a Loki can do is use Radial Disarm... On waves 25+... Oh god....

Edited by BBYiffo

Shield polarize can add 50% of the shield back to the pod in defense missions from a very long range (assuming you have stretch) which can be useful in rare circumstances on lower level defense maps, on higher level defense maps half the pods shield doesn't mean much at all. Against bosses it takes off much less compared to just shooting them with your rifle for as long as the cast animation is. For team members it's completely useless.

Pull works on downed allies, which can let you get to reviving them without taking fire if you reposition them. However that's the only thing good about it in my opinion and it's really, really situational.

Bullet Attractor is only good against bosses and even then it can reduce your damage half the time. It's only great when you have Excalibur to javelin.

Yeah, she's bad. Everything she has is a neat concept, but it's either not potent enough, doesn't scale enough, or is too niche. Crush is pretty good, but so are most 100 energy nukes. I'm really happy for the rework since she was the first frame I started with.

The way I see it, Mag would really benefit from changes like this

• [*]Pull - Lift an enemy off the ground and pull them towards you - leaving them floating helpless for a few moments afterwards. Works like it always has on allies. Allies being pulled are invulnerable while under its effect.

[*]Shield Polarize - Now an AoE skill. Allies caught in the AoE have shield replenished, enemies have shields damaged and are stunned. If an enemy's shield is totally depleted by Shield Polarize it releases a weaker version of Shield Polarize that hits nearby targets again. This allows for the possibility of a chain reaction. Shield Polarize will do damage to Robotic foes. If cast at the floor Mag will use the ability on herself, resulting in it being slightly stronger then usual.

[*]Bullet Attractor - Bullet Attractor works similar to how it always has - however now Bullet Attractor completely negates the resistance stats of an effected foe. It can also now be casted on an ally to deflect bullets away from them. If cast at the floor Mag will use the ability on herself, resulting in it lasting slightly longer then usual.

Then Crush stays mostly as-is.

Edit: Because this thread has taken such a pleasant turn towards feedback for Mag I'm going to move it to the Warframe Feedback section where it has a better chance of being seen by the right people!

^love it

i would add just - let us pull the enemies down the holes again

and crush not stays mostly as is ,but stay as is ;)

and its perfect ;)