Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions like Acolyte hunt

SCRIPtRaven

Does anyone else think that mission like the Acolytes should be missions only about the acolytes not a normal missions with them randomly appearing (or not at all :(  ). Like that would be way more fun not as saving a hostage 10000 times from an acolyte or getting mad that Violence DOESN'T Appear at ALL!

Idk why they don't appear every time too. Such a waste of time. First wait for someone to find them, then wait to get into party because of crappy matchmaking, and then run around empty rooms like an idiot because he doesn't want to spawn

Speaking as someone who's played every event and tac alert since Cicero Crisis, Shadow Debt was easily the least enjoyable of the lot (at least for me). It was far too luck-based when it came to the new mods. First you have to be lucky to be around when the Acolyte is on a node, then you have to be lucky enough to get in more than one run on said node before it goes back to "Location: Unknown", then you have to be lucky enough to get the drop you actually want (which would be fine if all the mods were the same rarity like the ones Kela drops, but they aren't) instead of some worthless dupe.

Now, all of those walls together might be bad, but if Acolytes were a permanent part of the game (like Invasions), it would be fine. As a time-limited event, however, it is absolutely not fine, and I'm not even touching the Acolytes this time around. They can have fun playing hard-to-get with some other Tenno.

3 hours ago, KirukaChan said:

Speaking as someone who's played every event and tac alert since Cicero Crisis, Shadow Debt was easily the least enjoyable of the lot (at least for me). It was far too luck-based when it came to the new mods. First you have to be lucky to be around when the Acolyte is on a node, then you have to be lucky enough to get in more than one run on said node before it goes back to "Location: Unknown", then you have to be lucky enough to get the drop you actually want (which would be fine if all the mods were the same rarity like the ones Kela drops, but they aren't) instead of some worthless dupe.

Now, all of those walls together might be bad, but if Acolytes were a permanent part of the game (like Invasions), it would be fine. As a time-limited event, however, it is absolutely not fine, and I'm not even touching the Acolytes this time around. They can have fun playing hard-to-get with some other Tenno.

Agreed. This event is neither fun nor interesting and if you are the first person to discover the Acolyte, as I did earlier today, its often also unfair. The Fissure I was after spawned Nullifiers right on top of me, with Bombards and Ancients. THEN the Acolyte spawned in.

I tried to bullet jump away, but was blasted from flight by a homing rocket and grappled before I hit the ground. I literally never had a chance, and there was nothing I could even do about it. 

So yeah...not the least interested in this event any longer.

This was a sit on your tush, boring as heck event the first time around.  Possibly with the worst event mechanics so far in the game.  

It is strange that they ignored all the feedback about the event the first time and brought the event back......then again they also released prisma arrows on baro with the original bug, so many parts of the game might be in the hands of unpaid interns (who are ignorant about version control).

3 hours ago, Mover-NeRo said:

They appear when you enter a specific room in the mission. So if you just rush to the extraction you might miss the trigger room.

ye not what happened to me. We literally searched all the map 2 times........ Still no violence -_-

1 hour ago, TheBillyBob565 said:

i dont think its shadow dept i think its a normal return and thats it. havent noticed Alad V asking for a favor :) correct me if im wrong

You might be right. I thought I didn't get the "mission" since I already did it in past.

20 hours ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

haven't been following the PC updates but just noticed you guys talking about acolytes, did they return via another Shadow Dept or are they added to the game permanently?

oh ye its not shadow dept nor added permanetly, players kill the acolytes trough a bunch of missions and they are gone for a long time again! :)

15 hours ago, TheBillyBob565 said:

oh ye its not shadow dept nor added permanetly, players kill the acolytes trough a bunch of missions and they are gone for a long time again! :)

Well go ahead and slaughter them, people deserve these mods without being scammed in the trading chat!