The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should warframes have just 3 powers?

Zoretor

I respect your opinion bro. But I think, it's better for them to do a research like surveys to every player, like a pop-up screen to every player, just a one-time survey about every frame and let the players vote about the abilities on every frame that they rarely use. And after they have they answers they'd just have to rework the abilities to become more useful. it's my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Ulquiorra.Schiffer said:

I respect your opinion bro. But I think, it's better for them to do a research like surveys to every player, like a pop-up screen to every player, just a one-time survey about every frame and let the players vote about the abilities on every frame that they rarely use. And after they have they answers they'd just have to rework the abilities to become more useful. it's my opinion.

I am pretty sure they already know that quite a few frames have bad abilities.  My only worry about them making those abilities better is that they would probably nerf the other good abilities to make up for it.

No, Warframes should have 4 abilities. When the abilities were originally created, they were relevant. Through the years our enemies have increased and been giving many new updates to make them more difficult and more dynamic. Our abilities on the other hand, not counting resent reworks, have been largely left the same. This will cause some abilities to seem less than spectacular. That being said, there are abilities that some choice not to use or are simply not in the habit of using and therefore feel they are useless. I honestly cannot think of a single ability I would call useless. Some I don't use? sure, but that because I doesn't fit in my particular play style. DE had the power to change the ability system when they took the mos out of the game. They did this because they felt it was important for all warframes to be able to use all of their abilities and not focus on a select few. 

why not.... make those Abilities more useful within the theme of the Warframe, rather than deleting it?
i don't really see how you improve the feature list by reducing the number of Tools there are.

as is why Horizontal Progression is valued so much(by those with the experience to care about Video Games, i guess?), because it means at any given point you have as many Tools as possible.

nobody has brought it up here,

but there used to be a time (which was also a time when I didn't play/know about this game) where powers were actually mod cards

and you could unequip them and put something else in their slot. This system still kinda exists with sentinels and their precept mods.

From what I've heard of the game before that, no, being able to take less powers into a mission didn't balance it at all, if anything it gave powers even more scaleability.

And there are plenty of frames such as Rhino, banshee, excalibur, volt, loki who use all their powers frequently.

Very interesting results. It's weird to me how many are directed at me personally, when I was just "throwing a thought out there" (not because I think that's what should be), just for the sake of conversation. Don't worry about DE reading a topic and suddenly subjected to brainwashing... they'll do whatever the general pulse of the community is (in broad terms), as they have mostly proven.

I could go both ways, but hey, the more the merrier, sure, why not? Those "trash" abilities (like rip-line, or slash dash, or others) are fun when used, not gonna deny that.

Edited by Zoretor

3 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Probably nobody uses Slash dash these days.

What?

Slash Dash is extremely valuable to Excal's kit and completely fits his role as a melee swordsman.

Ever since they changed the targeting mechanics and made it so every hit contributes to your melee combo counter, Slash Dash has never been better.

It closes the gaps between enemies and even knocks them down.

Not to mention its a huge boost to mobility.

3 hours ago, Zoretor said:

This is just a random thought that popped into my head. Most warframes have 1 ability that is absolutely ignore-worthy. Yes, some warframes suffer from more trash powers, but let's just focus on that 1 "worst of the worst" power.

Would Warframe's "balance" benefit in any way from a reduced, but more focused, power list? Might it help to give frames more distinction from each other? 

Or would it totally break everything, create a quantum rift inside another quantom rift and completely desintegrate itself in this and every other parallel reality?

Or we just fix the abilities that are worthy of ignoring to be useful.

We need to stop suggesting removal of content over fixing it. 

2 hours ago, Ulquiorra.Schiffer said:

Hey I like Tesla :( 

I was in an odd round where the trinity was always making sure we had enough energy. I nearly crashed my game because of the insane amount of teslas, vortexes, bounce pads, trip wires, and concussion mines i had placed. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but the picture turned out to look like i had created a star

5 hours ago, VKhaun said:

Tell me five "ignore-worthy" skills not worth focusing on, and put on your flame repellent for when people read the list and start replying.

Ember's Fire Blast

Frost's Ice Wave

All of non-pilfer Hydroid.  Undertow in particular is just used for trolling and cheese.

Limbo in general.  The first two skills literally do the same thing.  They solved a controller complexity issue by taking away an ability.

Mesa's Ballistic Battery

Mirage's Slight of Hand

Nekers Soul Punch

Nova's Null Star

Nyx's Psychic Bolts

Trinity's Well of Life.  Also a commonly used one for trolling.  Find a Parasitic eximus and give them 10 times their health for a minute.

Zephyr.  And that one hurts.  First is best used with sort duration high efficiency chains, but the increased gravity kills that.  Divebomb requires way too much setup for too small of a result. Turbulence could have been good if hit scan weapons didn't make it pointless.  Tornado is objectively speaking the crappiest ult in the game, it lightly tosses the enemies like you would a salad.  Even hentairoid had better luck in this department.

Edit:

Even then I don't support the removal of the abilities.  I don't want to reduce the complexity of the game.  It's just that he issued a challenge.

Edited by (PS4)Final_Dragon01
forgot the conclusion

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

Ember's Fire Blast

Frost's Ice Wave

All of non-pilfer Hydroid.  Undertow in particular is just used for trolling and cheese.

Limbo in general.  The first two skills literally do the same thing.  They solved a controller complexity issue by taking away an ability.

Mesa's Ballistic Battery

Mirage's Slight of Hand

Nekers Soul Punch

Nova's Null Star

Nyx's Psychic Bolts

Trinity's Well of Life.  Also a commonly used one for trolling.  Find a Parasitic eximus and give them 10 times their health for a minute.

Zephyr.  And that one hurts.  First is best used with sort duration high efficiency chains, but the increased gravity kills that.  Divebomb requires way too much setup for too small of a result. Turbulence could have been good if hit scan weapons didn't make it pointless.  Tornado is objectively speaking the crappiest ult in the game, it lightly tosses the enemies like you would a salad.  Even hentairoid had better luck in this department.

Edit:

Even then I don't support the removal of the abilities.  I don't want to reduce the complexity of the game.  It's just that he issued a challenge.

These abilities might not be important to you, but many other players with a variety of play styles will find uses for them. I don't think there are useless abilities, just abilities better suited for some tasks. You personal usage of those abilities does not determine their true value within the community. I use every ability and frame you mentioned minus zephyr because parkour 2.0 killed her utility purpose. 

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

These abilities might not be important to you, but many other players with a variety of play styles will find uses for them. I don't think there are useless abilities, just abilities better suited for some tasks. You personal usage of those abilities does not determine their true value within the community. I use every ability and frame you mentioned minus zephyr because parkour 2.0 killed her utility purpose. 

He asked which abilities can be ignored not which abilities are useless.  Most of these abilities are just down graded versions of another ability.  So, if you were going to use one of the abilities on the list you might as well just just the better ability instead.  The frames mentioned need reworks, and we already know two of the ones mentioned are getting reworks at some point.

I think it's obvious that this was my opinion and I didn't need to mention that because it was obvious.  So the riot act about that was unneeded.

I do have to ask though, wtf do you use Psychic Bolts for?

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

He asked which abilities can be ignored not which abilities are useless.  Most of these abilities are just down graded versions of another ability.  So, if you were going to use one of the abilities on the list you might as well just just the better ability instead.  The frames mentioned need reworks, and we already know two of the ones mentioned are getting reworks at some point.

I think it's obvious that this was my opinion and I didn't need to mention that because it was obvious.  So the riot act about that was unneeded.

I do have to ask though, wtf do you use Psychic Bolts for?

I wasn't giving a riot act, just stating my own opinion and reasoning as to why some abilities may not go as ignored as some would believe. I mainly use the single handed first abilities while reloading if I'm surrounded or on a larger target if my energy is low. It doesn't happen often, but it can come in handy especially with the radiation proc.  

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I wasn't giving a riot act, just stating my own opinion and reasoning as to why some abilities may not go as ignored as some would believe. I mainly use the single handed first abilities while reloading if I'm surrounded or on a larger target if my energy is low. It doesn't happen often, but it can come in handy especially with the radiation proc.  

Hence my calling it ignorable, since you also have chaos.

6 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Simple: fewer skills - less overlap - more uniqueness.

But that requires a different focus altogether. At that point, relative strength is irrelevant. All that matters is if there's similar skills on other frames and if their "non-uniqueness" outweighs their contribution to the general theme of the frame. For example Loki Switch Teleport and Ash Teleport might be similar, but each of them have valid reasons to exist and removing either one wouldn't strenghten the role/theme of the frame in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

Hence my calling it ignorable, since you also have chaos.

Yes, but Chaos requires much more energy and is not a One-Handed ability. The main benefit to one-handed abilities is that you can use them while reloading without interruption and very low energy cost. They can be the difference between life and death at higher level missions. Not for their damage, but the initial stagger or stun they initiate to give you enough time to reload safely. If it were not in the ability lineup I, for one, would surely miss it. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Yes, but Chaos requires much more energy and is not a One-Handed ability. The main benefit to one-handed abilities is that you can use them while reloading without interruption and very low energy cost. They can be the difference between life and death at higher level missions. Not for their damage, but the initial stagger or stun they initiate to give you enough time to reload safely. If it were not in the ability lineup I, for one, would surely miss it. 

It could really be more useful though than just being a mini chaos.