The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DAMAGE 3.0

Matt89Connor

Hello everyone, I would like to ask for information, or rather two, I hope this is the right topic:
- When the DE are going to release "damage 3.0"? They have already spoken?
- I read an info where talking about removing the "essential" mods , so  this essential mods are:HORNET STRIKE, serration, PRESSURE POINT, Right?
-the Mod giving multishot will also affect the weapon's magazine?
And what else they intend to change?
sorry if I make a lot of questions but i wanted to learn more because I find it very interesting, and i see this info 1 week ago.

1 minute ago, Matt89Connor said:

- When the DE are going to release "damage 3.0"? They have already spoken?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Matt89Connor said:

- I read an info where talking about removing the "essential" mods , so  this essential mods are:HORNET STRIKE, serration, PRESSURE POINT, Right?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Matt89Connor said:

-the Mod giving multishot will also affect the weapon's magazine?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And what else they intend to change?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not even kidding. Aside from rumors, this is actually how much information we got for that. Nothing is set currently but i'm assuming it will be a huge balancing patch.

6 minutes ago, Matt89Connor said:

These and "point blank".

Other than that, we currently have no information at all.

They once said they wanted to do that and fix multishot not taking ammo and give weapon damage per level, but we didn't get any info regarding "when"

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Wasn't really a mistake... rather another troll act from a dev (who isn't steve for once)

Yet this "mistake" managed to be the best baro visit of the year. According to the lack of salt compared to every other baro visit. pls sheldon do this again

2 minutes ago, VonDodo said:

So if we just got some of those mods we willl just lose them :(?

If anything, we will get them compensated. Like, a leg. core for a maxed mod or just turned into fusion cores for the appropriate amount of levels.

Edited by IceColdHawk

10 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Yet this "mistake" managed to be the best baro visit of the year. According to the lack of salt compared to every other baro visit. pls sheldon do this again

Well players are very satisfied with powercreep so... whatever :D

so it just a rumors about this damage 3.0....but, if was real...the weapon will reduce his power, so...the nemy to have to reduce the fire power don't you think?

it was hard to read, but i think i get what you mean.

And no, the enemies are really weak on the starmap. Expect you do the end of each line, there they are a bit harder. Why should they get a weapon reduction? Its our weapons afterall that are basically to strong.

3 minutes ago, Matt89Connor said:

so it just a rumors about this damage 3.0....but, if was real...the weapon will reduce his power, so...the nemy to have to reduce the fire power don't you think?

Well damage 3.0 was "rumoured" to come with a balance of the enemies. Who knows if that will ever happen.

The game is so cheesy right now (long live corrosive projection \o/)

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Never forget the forgotten shield disrupter that worked actually better (doesnt get 100% reduction when 4 people use it without drift mods).

just imagine if corosive projection only reached 95% ...

Edited by DeFragMe

Just now, DeFragMe said:

Never forget the forgotten shield disrupter that worked actually better (doesnt get 100% reduction when 4 people use it without drift mods)

True even if I prefer to add a tiny toxin mod to my tigris just to bypass these shield

Well aura are so well balanced :D

Just now, Trichouette said:

True even if I prefer to add a tiny toxin mod to my tigris just to bypass these shield

Well aura are so well balanced :D

yeah... just imagine.. if corosive projection really was so strong to melt the armor completly of the enmies... they would have already melted and you would have nothing to fight left.

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Well damage 3.0 was "rumoured" to come with a balance of the enemies. Who knows if that will ever happen.

Cheese will always exist in a game where min/maxing is possible. Every game that min/maxing is possible has cheese in it. Nothing can be done about that, unless everything does the same and only the player's skills are involved. But then again, people will learn cheesy tactics, which is unbalançable.

So, it's an utopia to think that a "balance" is possible to remove the cheesiness of a game.

Just now, Crawd127 said:

Cheese will always exist in a game where min/maxing is possible. Every game that min/maxing is possible has cheese in it. Nothing can be done about that, unless everything does the same and only the player's skills are involved. But then again, people will learn cheesy tactics, which is unbalançable.

So, it's an utopia to think that a "balance" is possible to remove the cheesiness of a game.

Could be easily do-able.

Like, remove crit chance and add "headshots are crits" and remove energy and add cooldowns.

Or even "change the game aspect from hordes to a less powerful enemies gameplay"

But these are things that'll never happen.

48 minutes ago, V45H said:

basicaly everything we know right now summed up right here

also pressure point primed was leaked by mistake so don't get to attached

Well, when they downgraded Steel Charge, they gave out legendary fusion cores for everyone, who had Steel Charge beyond its new max level. So, I assume, they will do the something similar, if you bought Pressure Point Prime (and maxed it). Plus, we don't know, when the update is coming, so I'll treat my PPP as if it were to stay for good ;)

Just now, DjaAkh said:

Well, when they downgraded Steel Charge, they gave out legendary fusion cores for everyone, who had Steel Charge beyond its new max level. So, I assume, they will do the something similar, if you bought Pressure Point Prime (and maxed it). Plus, we don't know, when the update is coming, so I'll treat my PPP as if it were to stay for good ;)

I doubt we'll get another round of legendary core...

I doubt we'll get another round of legendary core...

why's that? Has DE said anything about it? Frankly, it's the reasonable thing... if you spend credits and cores in order to get something to lvl 14 and DE removes it, it would be only fair, to reimburse you.

1 minute ago, Vyra said:

wtf? serration and all its sistermods is the only reason my weapons do any damage at all....

yeah, they'll change that ^^

Just now, DjaAkh said:

why's that? Has DE said anything about it? Frankly, it's the reasonable thing... if you spend credits and cores in order to get something to lvl 14 and DE removes it, it would be only fair, to reimburse you.

but they don't have to. It's a Beta, so please don't hate if they just remove something.

1 minute ago, Vyra said:

wtf? serration and all its sistermods is the only reason my weapons do any damage at all....

That's why I precised "weapons were supposed to get a damage buff depending on their level" or something (and an enemy balance rework)

But we don't know anything yet, it's just rumors

1 minute ago, DjaAkh said:

Yes, with fuse cores, not with a legendary one

1 minute ago, Prime said:

yeah, they'll change that ^^

but they don't have to. It's a Beta, so please don't hate if they just remove something.

They didn't remove anything without any reimbursement so far. I doubt, they will start doing it now. Yeah, they don't have to, but they also are usually quite nice people and don't want us lose stuff, we farmed over a long period of time. And please... don't use the beta-excuse. DE doesn't do it any more and so should you ;)

But we don't know anything yet, it's just rumors

Yes, with fuse cores, not with a legendary one

I don't care. If it's roughly the amount of cores and credits, I put into it (and the ducats), I'd be fine, really. So, until then, I'll stick to leveling prime damage mods, that might disappear some day.

its still lame all the work again... the wiki changing and outdated info due to massive changes ...
then ALL THE WORK and time getting those mods and leveling them AND the credits i used...

if  we get compensated i hope i get my 40 million credits back...i dont care about the cores if the mods are removed i just need my money back..money is the hardest part to get ( besides ivara chassis and ash prime systems)