Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Got Scammed!!

(PSN)OG_Game_Mentor

Question

Hey Guys! Let me tell you guys my story. So about 4 weeks ago, I was trying to trade my ash and Loki prime set and I got a message from a dude named -removed-  or something. He sent me a message saying join my party so I did. While in the party , he said that in 2 days it was his birthday and on his birthday his parents were going to buy home the 100$ platinum pack and that his favorite frames were Loki and ash and he really wanted them for his birthday. So, when he got his plat he was willing to give me at least 1800 plat if I gave him the frames today. I told him that I would give him the frames when he got the plat. He said ok. Then 2 days later, he invited me to his party. I join him and he wants me to give him the frames. Me being a trusting person invited him to a trading session. I give him the frames and at that point I know he has trolled me he tells me that he has and kick me from the party. Because of vacation, I had no time to write this. Now, I want to know what I should do.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake
Name Removed Due to Name & Shame

11 answers to this question

You GAVE the frames to him? That's on you. There was no scam. You accepted the trade while the other person did not offer the plat.

Also, naming and shaming is not allowed on the forums, even if that possibly isn't their exact name.

You can try submitting a support ticket, but I assume that it won't help in this situation, even if it happened today, much less 4 weeks ago.

Redact/remove the name even if that isn't the correct one as per no naming and shaming, then make a ticket with support. I don't know if they will be able to recover your stuff, but maybe they can take some action against the offender. In the future it's probably best not to trust anyone to make good on a trade like that unless you personally know them.

Names have been removed by a fellow Community Moderator.

We ask that you please do not name and shame anyone on the forums, no matter what they may or may not have done.

If you wish to report someone, please open a support ticket and submit all appropriate evidence like screenshots to DE's support team.

It would have been best if you had done this straight away the "scam" had occurred rather than waiting 4 weeks to report it. 

Also you should NEVER trade for promises, you should have waited until they got their plat and were able to trade it to you via the trading system in-game.