Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus nullifiers

Kronxito

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I say get rid. they were implemented as a Band-Aid to what were then overpowered Warframes. most frames can't just press to win anymore (with the exception of Ash, but he's getting tweaked soon as well), so they aren't needed. Combas do a better job of switching up player tactics and offering a fair fight. Bursa Nullifier grenades are fine as they're easy to avoid and have less range, even when fully expanded. Nullies also make no sense lore wise, as Void energy is supposed to be something that either only the Orokin understood properly, or nobody has ever understood properly.

keep Bursas and Combas, get rid of nullifiers.

IKR.

But if they simply must keep the nulli, maybe they can spawn with no bubble. Have the bubble slowly inflate AFTER it actually sees a tenno. And remove the damage gate/shrinking. Bubbles should just pop 

11 hours ago, Rempy said:

Are you oblivious to the fact the bubbles have a damage cap, and turn corpus missions into a mindless futuristic cod clone?

It is not we cannot caunter them, they ruin the fun.

The spawnrate is gamebreaking, they spawn way to often which is pretty frustrating since they are a pretty powerfull unit and when they spawn in pairs their shields overlap, especially when they spawn as an artic eximus.

And to add insult to injury, add some sapping ospreys to the mix.

We have melee and we can enter their bubbles, The alternative to Nullifiers would be Comba and Scrambus  or Isolator Bursa spam and I'm pretty sure you don't want homing Angstrum missles coming at you or Isolator Bursa spam either.

There is no perfect solution to this problem but it's probably better than not having it at all since like I said Corpus would be super easy to deal with otherwise since we can easily deal with their shields unlike Grineer armour.

15 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

the problem is that nullifiers take too many roles

-they cancel out all abilities

-they cancel weapon choice freedom

-they support allies

-they spawn as common foot-soldiers

If nullifiers were meant to stop frames from nuking the map, then they should cancel out abilities, not weapons. 

Then more problems arise. Not only do they cancel weapons, they flat out make some weapons obselete. I love my tigris. Too bad i cant take it and my lex into a corpus mission.

but yet Corpus is brave fighting demigods just with technology....

Edited by Vyra

On 8/4/2016 at 2:38 PM, cghawk said:

do elaborate how I can efficiently destroy nullifier bubbles with a bow, sniper, shotgun, flintlock style primary or revolver style secondaries, this is the problem right here, my rank 30 6 forma paris prime is outclassed by a rank 0 no forma furis when it comes to destroying nullifier bubbles, that's just bad design.

sure, you should use the more ''efficient tool'' but once there are more then 2 nullifiers overlapping you can be shooting your paris prime for 1 minute straight and still not kill them.

Sigh. "There are other tools" is nowhere near the same as "every tool in your toolbox will work". You can't drive a nail with a putty knife without significant effort.

On 8/4/2016 at 2:50 PM, The__Q said:

Literally every zelda boss past (i think the snes games?) has given you an item previously, taught you how to use said item, and then you fight a boss specifically designed around that item.

nullifiers are:

1. your item is worthless.

(1.5 and don't bring up "use a high ROF weapon hurr durr" because when you have counters to things, you should have a method to switch weapons/counters you can use)

2. the only instructions you have are just shoot it.

(2.5 the options for fighting everything else in the game are near limitless)

3. it is specifically designed to counter YOU instead of your items countering it.

Warframe gives you a Furis at the Earth-Venus junction and a Boltor at the Venus-Mercury junction, long before you encounter your first Nullifier. You don't need to be taught how to use it, and you have a primary and a secondary weapon slot you have access to. You have no excuse for not being able to be prepared to handle Nullifiers.

As for your numbered points:

1. This is a gross exaggeration of the situation and you know it. Even without an automatic weapon, there's the option to use cover to avoid getting hit by the Nullifier's Lanka as you chip the bubble away and the option to simply slide melee attack the Nullifier dead.
    1.5: You can carry a primary and a secondary and a melee weapon. You complain you have no hammer in your right hand to drive in a nail when you're carrying one in your left.
  2. Which still gives you a lot more options than when fighting a Moldorm. I don't see why "you can shoot it" is not a valid option.
  3. Again, I don't see why this is an issue. Priority enemies in any game are designed to counter an unprepared player. Well-designed priority enemies have a weakness that can be exploited by proper preparation; in this case, Nullifiers fall quickly to weapons with a sufficiently high rate of fire (specifically, higher than ~2 bullets per second, which is not a difficult threshold to meet) and have low effective health.