Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus nullifiers

Kronxito

It was a huge pain for me because I went pub lol (guess I dig my grave there already :D). I was Valkyr, we had a Frost, Loki and Inaros. God, they managed to down every 15 seconds it was a pain carrying all 3 at once. After like 20 destroyed sites we finished the mission...... At least the one who played Frost wasn't completely useless but he really didn't know how to manage his energy properly. Their gear barely did anything as well. There should be a gear check in sorties or something.. I don't care about your MR but at least bring ONE capable weapon as a bare minimum.

Edited by Momo93

8 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

The rarity of Arctic Eximus spawns is the issue with using them to replace Nullifiers. Nullifiers also protect nearby units from powers, which no other Corpus unit is capable of. Corpus units within a Comba or Scrambus aura are not protected from powers cast from outside the aura.

The same reason why some Legend of Zelda's bosses are immune to Link's sword. Our tools should be powerful, but not omnipotent. We have a Warframe, 3 weapons, and a gear wheel at our disposal and we should be making good use of our ability to have the right tool for the job.

The Nullifier's ability to cancel all powers in a small field (a field that can be made smaller with bullets and melee strikes) around them makes sense compared to the Comba's and Scrambus's ability to cancel a select class of power over a large area (that cannot be made smaller except by landing a head shot).

yeah well they're bosses, you expect them to be stronger and thus less affected by such terrifying abilities, nullifiers however are just small fry and shouldn't hold such a power.

the gear wheel? it's highly impractical, you gotta stand still, hold Q and select the item you want to use, though I have no idea how that even helps against nullifiers. right tool for the job? do you not mean only tool for the job? because the only weapons that belong in a corpus mission are basically high rate of fire weapons which is why nullifiers are so badly designed

Just now, Momo93 said:

It was a huge pain for me because I went pub lol (guess I dig my grave there already :D). I was Valkyr, we had a Frost, Loki and Inaros. God, they managed to down every 15 seconds it was a pain carrying all 3 at once. After like 20 destroyed sites we finished the mission...... At least the one who played Frost wasn't completely useless but he really didn't know how to manage his energy properly. Their gear barely did anything as well. There should be a gear check in sorties or something.. I don't care about your MR but at least bring ONE capable weapon as a bare minimum.

Their weapons are useful for popping Nullifier bubbles, since they take a minimum of 100 damage per hit, and a max of 400 damage.

9 minutes ago, Lumamaster said:

You mean the first one?

We had a Synoid Mirage absolutely annihilate the nullfier bubbles, then I came in with Ash and pressed 4 all over them.

Lol the definition of combating cheese with cheese.

Just now, Lumamaster said:

Their weapons are useful for popping Nullifier bubbles, since they take a minimum of 100 damage per hit, and a max of 400 damage.

Problem is they didn't pop them....Pretty much I was the only one actively watching and taking them down. Good thing I had my Sancti Tigris with me and the power of sliding... We still had many extractors destroyed. The first half of the mission went quite well but it's like everyone went full derp and the other 2 dudes started rushing for more extractors blindly and didn't wait for the Frost :(. I should have just rage quit in the first 5 mins but since we endured the torture together I hope it was a good lesson for them.

You guys ever notice that these nullifier complaint threads never really go anywhere?  It's because most people have just adjusted to them.  They are extremely easy to kill, but can be extremely dangerous if ignored.  Just like a good special unit.

However I do like the idea of giving them the Opticor to telegraph their attacks.

21 minutes ago, Arrjo said:

Since when having to actually shoot things became "annoying" in the shooter game?

are you asking a question from what i just t stated? well i play with friends and we all found them annoying.

instead of acting like an elitist gamer, you would atleast given some good feedback, you think me and my other friends were high when we felt it was far much annoying this time round? anyway i've gotten feedback from guys here, next time ill make sure to get a Mirage (fight cheese with cheese)

To clarify my biggest issue was their spawn rate.

Edited by NightElve

5 minutes ago, NightElve said:

To clarify my biggest issue was their spawn rate.

In a full party the most I've seen today was 3 nullies at a time from one pack. They weren't a problem even considering 2 of my teammates were Nyx with Akzani... You can kill them with 1 (maybe 2) head shot from Lex P, this is not annoying at all.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

A pack which respawns every 5 seconds or so

Outright objectively false

Nope.

About 5-8 nullies per excavator.

And yes, surprise-surprise, but some players may not be annoyed by a feature that forces people to come out of Frost bubbles and actually play the game.

2 minutes ago, Arrjo said:

Nope.

About 5-8 nullies per excavator.

And yes, surprise-surprise, but some players may not be annoyed by a feature that forces people to come out of Frost bubbles and actually play the game.

are you saying there is no downside to fighting these guys? i have read all of your posts thus far and you personally do not think these enemies are not annoying in the slightest? no on is going to stake you and burn you if you say they are a little bit annoying, i dont care if they are in the mission, they need to have a cap on how many can be spawned at a time, i say 2 or 3 is fair tbh but there is always someone who will defend these annoying enemies, it is becoming a little bit ridiculous with all the buffs they are receiving in my honest opinion 

if the freaking shield stops blocking bullets, i`d love that unit, but nope, it blocks literally everything u have to throw at him, and even worse, its hit count based, so there is a sniper, there is a trash can, both couldnt fit together more :/

make the shield impossible to take down unless u kill the nulli, and make it unable to block bullets, at high levels the nulli should be able to get u killed with the units around him that he is supporting, as he should be doing, he is a support, no?

Edited by Bizzaro21
removed possible profanity ;-;

They made me Ragequit yesterday and take a long break from Warframe until it figures how it wants to go. If it continues down this path, i might be on break indefinitely.

If i want some fun, i got other sources that include less headache. EDF anyone?

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

i have read all of your posts thus far and you personally do not think these enemies are not annoying in the slightest?

As long as I can just roll into the bubble and annihilate them they are not more annoying than any other unit.

55 minutes ago, Lumamaster said:

We had a Synoid Mirage absolutely annihilate the nullfier bubbles, then I came in with Ash and pressed 4 all over them.

when you have to take a frame that can literally multiply it's weapon output by 5 and then uses a synoid which is one of the most overpowered (/annoying) weapons just shows there is absolutely nothing wrong with the current nullifier situation........ yeah nothing wrong in the slightest with nullifiers.

As to frost globe... the whole point of that globe is to 'protect something', seeing as frost is basically a slow moving heavily armoured warframe it's pretty much what frost is designed around as a whole.  You can no longer do that easily with nullifiers if they touch it. 

I'm fine with it stopping powers being activated but not with it destroying active fixed position powers like globe.  Not exactly keen with it wiping off defensive stuff either...

Edited by LSG501

Just now, Arrjo said:

As long as I can just roll into the bubble and annihilate them they are not more annoying than any other unit.

thats all good and dandy, but certain frames such as inaros have to build up scarab armor which cost 2000 to almost 3000 health, and a nully can just pop all of that work, there are certain frames i will never take to a high level missions on corpus planets because of this

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Bortis Badtouch said:

thats all good and dandy, but certain frames such as inaros have to build up scarab armor which cost 2000 to almost 3000 health, and a nully can just pop all of that work, there are certain frames i will never take to a high level missions on corpus planets because of this

Honestly all you have to do is carry a azima with you and fire off the alt fire especially for nullifiers

Another day, another nulli thread. Oh boy. And look, the usual "lmfao they're easy, git gud, just melee/cheese them, they add challenge" crowd is already here. Wonderful.

This unit is a bandaid fix that has long overstayed its welcome. Its lore breaking. Its frustrating as all hell. It renders everything useless except for automatic weapons. It makes zero sense from any standpoint for them to exist. Promotes cheese. Punishes most styles of gameplay. PLEASE KEEP REQUESTING TO REMOVE THEM.

unless you actually like cheap countermeasures, lazy balancing, terrible enemy design, and limiting your entire game to a few weapons and "tactics". (slide killing everything and praying there isnt a zap osprey ready to instagib you with its mines).

Countless suggestions have been made. Scoped sniper shots should go through the bubble unimpeded. Also arrows. Let the bubble have a weakspot. Let it have a small duration. Let it block AOE powers and weapons ONLY (this was its sole original purpose), etc. But nope, all they get is buffed. 

The devs have made it clear by now that Cheeseframe is actually working as intended. 

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed rude remark