Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus nullifiers

Kronxito

The solution to Nullifiers is to: Git gud. That means bring varied weapons and switch them to deal with these guys or if you really really really don't want to try much just use a melee and slide kill them (it's not like we have Maiming Strike or anything...). The only time Nullifiers are trully obnoxious is during Sorties when they are accompanied by the Satanic spawns that are Corpus Techs and Sapping Ospreys.

Nullifiers were added to give Corpus a better fighting chance and to promote priority targeting and varied loadouts, I mean before Nullifiers were added Corpus were the easiest faction in the game and even if we had Reworked Mag back then they still wouldn't have been much of a problem.

All I see in these Nullifier rant threads is nothing but butthurt players who can't adapt or develop skill to counter these enemies.

5 minutes ago, CTanGod said:

The solution to Nullifiers is to: Git gud. That means bring varied weapons and switch them to deal with these guys or if you really really really don't want to try much just use a melee and slide kill them (it's not like we have Maiming Strike or anything...). The only time Nullifiers are trully obnoxious is during Sorties when they are accompanied by the Satanic spawns that are Corpus Techs and Sapping Ospreys.

Nullifiers were added to give Corpus a better fighting chance and to promote priority targeting and varied loadouts, I mean before Nullifiers were added Corpus were the easiest faction in the game and even if we had Reworked Mag back then they still wouldn't have been much of a problem.

All I see in these Nullifier rant threads is nothing but butthurt players who can't adapt or develop skill to counter these enemies.

Are you oblivious to the fact the bubbles have a damage cap, and turn corpus missions into a mindless futuristic cod clone?

It is not we cannot caunter them, they ruin the fun.

The spawnrate is gamebreaking, they spawn way to often which is pretty frustrating since they are a pretty powerfull unit and when they spawn in pairs their shields overlap, especially when they spawn as an artic eximus.

And to add insult to injury, add some sapping ospreys to the mix.

33 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Ivara's Artemis Bow with her mutlishot hitting it almsot makes it vansih instantly aswell... Shotguns bullet spread still shredder it since it counts as multiple shots,

Apparently you didn't do your research. Multishot weapons -- like shotguns or Artemis Bow -- only count as one bullet for the purpose of nullifier bubbles

I'd agree with you about Spectral Scream if Spectral Scream itself wasn't only a smidge away from being absolutely terrible

Edited by TARINunit9

I think nullifiers should carry a half-circled power shield to protect troops, that disrupts you for say, 3 sec if you pass through it, blocks any incoming damage, but doesn't create a nullifying area all around the unit. 

Remains challenge, removes the cheese, and warframes that rely on buffs to survive can melee them if they manage to avoid the shield. 

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

So which frame are you actually playing?

(tl;dr warning: just read @kubbi 's post)

Yes, Nullies by themselves are easy to kill if you have a toxic melee weapon, but since that's the ONLY counter to them it's still horrible, horrible design. Here's a list of things that don't have fun against Nullies:

• bows
  • grenade launchers
  • sniper rifles
  • most shotguns
  • glaives
  • castanas/talons
  • Chroma
  • Ivara
  • Wukong
  • Nezha
  • Limbo
  • Loki
  • Mesa
  • Mirage
  • Equinox
  • Nekros
  • Valkyr
  • Banshee
  • Technically Ash, as cheap as he is
  • certain Rhinos

I simply cannot look at that list and believe that Nullifiers are well-designed

um... you forgot Frost and inaros

Edited by LSG501

My main two issues are:

1. They like to spawn with nulli friends. 

2. I am just relying on weapons against Corpus now,  rarely powers. Wich is kind of sad, since I like to be a space magic ninja. When my powers are taken away too often, I feel that what's special about Warframe gets lost.

26 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I'd agree with you about Spectral Scream if Spectral Scream itself wasn't only a smidge away from being absolutely terrible

What do you mean 'a smidge'?  There's nothing Spectral Scream can do that you can't do better with a properly-modded Ignis, bar attacking enemies outside of the Rift while banished by a Limbo.

And given that Chroma is a tank frame, why would you ever want to be banished by a Limbo?

Edited by Arkvold

5 hours ago, ArionLightning said:

Its ok there have to be nullifiers for game balance. I like them. But I would like to point one thing happening at high levels (60-100)

- They nulls all your skills

- They 1 shot you

I think 1shotting players is unbalanced.  I mean, you cannot use skills and they 1shot you.....  wow xD.  I would balance this by increasing bubble range and reducing damage these guys deal to players at high level missions.

Tip:

Jump high then fly into his direction with bullet jump .. when you hovering over him then punish him with melee (E)

3 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Tip:

Jump high then fly into his direction with bullet jump .. when you hovering over him then punish him with melee (E)

and then another one spawns and you get destroyed by sappers.

Just now, Rempy said:

and then another one spawns and you get destroyed by sappers.

spin attack into them and kill the sappers with melee =P

or you post a video and show us what specially defeats you so we might be able to help you ^^

3 hours ago, cghawk said:

yeah well they're bosses, you expect them to be stronger and thus less affected by such terrifying abilities, nullifiers however are just small fry and shouldn't hold such a power.

the gear wheel? it's highly impractical, you gotta stand still, hold Q and select the item you want to use, though I have no idea how that even helps against nullifiers. right tool for the job? do you not mean only tool for the job? because the only weapons that belong in a corpus mission are basically high rate of fire weapons which is why nullifiers are so badly designed

what's wrong with melee?

11 minutes ago, Vyra said:

spin attack into them and kill the sappers with melee =P

or you post a video and show us what specially defeats you so we might be able to help you ^^

it is not that i cannot beat them.

They are annoying and antifun.

They don't deserve to exist, they are a bandaid because of crappy balance. They reduce the game to a mindless spamfest.

Edited by Rempy

40 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

um... you forgot Frost and inaros

Depends on when Inaros gets nullied. Running into a nullie bubble actually refunds the health used to create Scarab Swarm (according to the wiki; I haven't actually tested it myself). So if you were at full health you lose your scarabs and gain nothing, but if you weren't then it just makes you recast it with nothing lost but time

11 minutes ago, Rempy said:

it is not that i cannot beat them.

They are annoying and antifun.

They don't deserve to exist, they are a bandaid because of crappy balance. They reduce the game to a mindless spamfest.

By lore i wound only find it normal that enemies adapt to US using powers...
i find them hard to beat at time bue if they were noe there the game would be to easy

I say get rid. they were implemented as a Band-Aid to what were then overpowered Warframes. most frames can't just press to win anymore (with the exception of Ash, but he's getting tweaked soon as well), so they aren't needed. Combas do a better job of switching up player tactics and offering a fair fight. Bursa Nullifier grenades are fine as they're easy to avoid and have less range, even when fully expanded. Nullies also make no sense lore wise, as Void energy is supposed to be something that either only the Orokin understood properly, or nobody has ever understood properly.

keep Bursas and Combas, get rid of nullifiers.

the problem is that nullifiers take too many roles

-they cancel out all abilities

-they cancel weapon choice freedom

-they support allies

-they spawn as common foot-soldiers

If nullifiers were meant to stop frames from nuking the map, then they should cancel out abilities, not weapons. 

Then more problems arise. Not only do they cancel weapons, they flat out make some weapons obselete. I love my tigris. Too bad i cant take it and my lex into a corpus mission.

16 minutes ago, Vyra said:

By lore i wound only find it normal that enemies adapt to US using powers...
i find them hard to beat at time bue if they were noe there the game would be to easy

The game did fine before the nullifier crapfest.

It is just that power efficiency is too valuable and turned the game into a press 4 to win spamfest. Nullifiers are nothing more but a bandaid and a pretty overtuned one. This really shows how good DE is at balancing their game.

Bringing the lore into it makes no difference.

Edited by Rempy

7 minutes ago, cghawk said:

causes me to die at higher level if using a squishy frame, even less effective if there's a corrupted healer around.

Healer+Bombard inside bubble. Or if against corpus, nully is completely surrounded by Detron Crewmen and Techs, probably sappers too

Edited by AXCrusnik

It's getting worse, when you want to do an eximus stronghold sortie. Don't get me wrong, I love challenge. It's fun to use different kind of weapons and different frames. But corpus eximus sorite is ridiculous (especially since the nullifier affect frost snow globe), because of the nullifiers. As many said, their spawn rate is a joke. As far as the eye can see there are bubbles. And when you manage to pop those damn bubbles (if you don't get shoot in the meantime) there are often another bubble under it, because it's a goddamn arctic eximus, and before you could destroy the eximus snow globe they grow back the nullifier bubble.

I rather just skip these sorties, because it's simply not worth it. Because all I get from these mission is headache and 25 fusion cores.

They should spawn less often and/or it would help if they could not regenerate their bubble. Or not negate all of your abilities, just some of them like the comba/scrambus do.