Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

catalyst  via a quest or mission aspect that is a trigger to the state

EX:  we bring a vanilla excal into the mission and it "becomes" a umbra excal via some catalyst to trigger the metamorphosis to that state   

I assume that idea would make it a permanent transformation. If it is permanent, then my thoughts are somewhat similar.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

I assume that idea would make it a permanent transformation. If it is permanent, then my thoughts are somewhat similar.

yes  a permanent change to the state

so if this theory is  right, instead of grinding for parts of umbras , engaging in a trial to achieve that state may make it more fun/worthwhile while also removing the need to delete vanilla variations we have, but rather use them to gain an umbra variation. thus limiting them to gain one per vanilla used in the trial /quest? 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes  a permanent change to the state

so if this theory is  right, instead of grinding for parts of umbras , engaging in a trial to achieve that state may make it more fun/worthwhile while also removing the need to delete vanilla variations we have, but rather use them to gain an umbra variation. thus limiting them to gain one per vanilla used in the trial /quest? 

Would rather it not be a trial as in the mission type. Meeting certain conditions to trigger the change would be pretty awesome though.

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so  no specific mission, but rather doing a trail(s)  like inaros urn, to cause the "change" to occur ? 

Pretty much. Like we could do a quest to unlock the potential to transform into an Umbra, then the player can go about triggering it by playing anything.

Examples:

Equip Umbra catalyst to base Excalibur.

- Die X amount of times

- Accumulate X amount of XP

- Kill X amount of squadmates

13 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Pretty much. Like we could do a quest to unlock the potential to transform into an Umbra, then the player can go about triggering it by playing anything.

Examples:

Equip Umbra catalyst to base Excalibur.

- Die X amount of times

- Accumulate X amount of XP

- Kill X amount of squadmates

that seems reasonable/fulfilling then just being handed it, or forced to collect parts like a prime 

OP edit: 

added in dev 74 time stamped to umbra discussion 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

that seems reasonable/fulfilling then just being handed it, or forced to collect parts like a prime

OP edit:

added in dev 74 time stamped to umbra discussion

I'd rather it be a standalone frame that doesn't really require the sacrifice of your original Excalibur. I'd like to be able to run him whenever I want, deck him out as I please and do my thing. I think it should still be a helmet-chassis-systems thing, but perhaps the way of obtaining these parts could be unique and fun. If I do have to sacrifice an excal though, I'll farm another from ambulas, build that one and sacrifice that to build umbra so I can have both.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I'd rather it be a standalone frame that doesn't really require the sacrifice of your original Excalibur. I'd like to be able to run him whenever I want, deck him out as I please and do my thing. I think it should still be a helmet-chassis-systems thing, but perhaps the way of obtaining these parts could be unique and fun. If I do have to sacrifice an excal though, I'll farm another from ambulas, build that one and sacrifice that to build umbra so I can have both.

which seems pretty reasonable , use 1, build another 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Maybe DE will give us Umbra Trump. 

Hide contents

Power list:

1. Patriot

Bring forth the spirit of 'Murica to completely befuddle your enemies opening them up to finishers. 

Note: The strength and duration of this ability is affected by ignorance mods.

2. Wads of Cash

Turn enemies to your side by throwing them gigantic piles of credits. 

Note: This ability is affected by how many credits you have in your account. Bigger credits means more enemies turn to your side. This ability will cost 1 million creds per use.

3. Nuke 'em.

Rain down some freedom on these filthy Grineer criminals.

Note: This is a simple press-4-to-win ability. It's damage scales with your own ignorance.

4. Keep 'em out.

Erect a wall of immense size that stops all enemies in their tracks, giving you time to recover. 

Note: This wall is invincible. No strength mods are required. Just mod for duration.

In all seriousness, let's get back on the original subject. U19 UMBRA HYPE!!!

You forgot that the enemies have to build it for you.

I have a UMBRA theory!

if umbra is released in large update19  as part of the big quest.it will not only come out umbra Excal, Perhaps expecting to throw even more umbra frames in 1 update...

Perhaps this is in a quest to get all umbra character in umbra world... so that all these years we all waiting for the umbra, and that somehow  that all this in a way worth waiting :smile:

Edited by Vlada91

All I want is to remind DE that fashion frame is super important, make the scarf equipable on all versions of Excalibur as an auxilery item.  Same goes with all future Umbras, for the love of god do not make scarf an Umbra exclusive thing, its literally the coolest thing about the Umbra.

2 hours ago, Z3GR4M said:

All I want is to remind DE that fashion frame is super important, make the scarf equipable on all versions of Excalibur as an auxilery item.  Same goes with all future Umbras, for the love of god do not make scarf an Umbra exclusive thing, its literally the coolest thing about the Umbra.

If you look at the OP, you'll see that you can wear the scarf with any Excalibur skin. Immortal, Prisma and Proto. 

So far as we know, right now it's exclusive to Excal Umbra. 

7 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

I have a UMBRA theory!

if umbra is released in large update19  as part of the big quest.it will not only come out umbra Excal, Perhaps expecting to throw even more umbra frames in 1 update...

Perhaps this is in a quest to get all umbra character in umbra world... so that all these years we all waiting for the umbra, and that somehow  that all this in a way worth waiting :smile:

thats something i hope for ..umbra ember, umbra equinox *_* 

(weve only waited 10 months for umbra though, 2 years roughly  for excal variant maybe?) 

Good day fellow Tenno

So i am a founder, and i dont care what anyone says the hate is real towards us founders. at any rate, i think i may have an idea that is in everyone's best interest.

When excal umbra is released, DE can give people without excal prime double the mastery points to be on same level as founders. also, they could release umbra lato, skana and again do the same thing. I know a lot of people want those things for completion, and so do i as i do not have lato prime myself. but at least it will soften the difference and possibly relieve some tension. Seems like a fair thing to me, what do you think ? 

Thank you for reading

13 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I'm hoping Umbra's will be randomly drawn, and bounce from older frames to newer frames and you'll never know which one's coming up next, unlike the ballpark guess you can get from which prime will be next.

that could be beneficial and sad at same time, if its to new then the vanilla variant wont get much attention. but if its like chroma or hydroid ect older new frames that wont get a prime for some time, it would at least bring more flavors early on 

but if thats the case wont umbra variants be male, male, female , female pattern like primes? 

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

I would prefer if DE didn't make Umbra weapons. We already have a lot of weapon variants.

i agree, it should stick to just warframe variants 

Awaked by the Grineer and Corpus constantly forcing there way into the Void, Umbra is a shadow themed Warframe with a heavy emphasis on psychological warfare and terror based abilities along with shadow ability all designed to make his enemies fear the shadows. 

Backstory

Tenno, let's not pretend that your perfect.

And you are?

By definition yes I am.

Your a sentient.

And your a Tenno.

Get out of my head.

I'm afraid that's impossible, we are one, me and you for ever trapped in neither the void, nor our world, in a limbo it would seem. I'm afraid you'll have to get used to this, my mind in your body.

My mind is still intact.

For how long though that's the question.

I'll force you out, through pain, if I must.

I'm afraid it's not that simple, Tenno. We feed off your power, your anger, and you in particular have always been angry, always so full of hate for your creator.

I was born not created.

And before that? No change in your genes, no influence due to overexposure to Void Energy. You would have died without the Orokin.

And you would have never been created if wasn't for them.

Funny how that is, you think I'm the monster, that I'm the creation, but ask yourself this Tenno, of us two who is more human.

That's what I thought, but like I said, your not perfect.

Your...

Sleep now Tenno, for when you awake, there will be new enemies to face.

What... No... What are you doing to my Warframe!

I'm making it perfect.

Passive: Fear the Shadows: When in low light environments Umbra will "blend" into the shadows becoming invisible to enemies and receiving additional melee finisher damage. (Pairs well with 1st and 2nd)

Ability 1: Chains of Shadow: Umbra lets loss a shadow chain that will latch onto an enemy and silently drag them within melee range to pull off a melee execution. 

Power Effects

Strength will effect how much damage the enemy takes from the execution. (Stacks with melee damage)

Efficiency: Do I really need to explain this one?

Duration: No effect.

Range: How far the chain will travel.

Ability 2: Consumed by Shadows: Umbra becomes a wave of shadow passing through enemies and bullets with no repercussions and causing everything he touches to turn to darkness. As well as weakening all enemy's who are consumed by said shadows.

Strength: Effects how weak the enemy's will become from shadows.

Efficiently: Again, no need to explain.

Duration: How long he will remain in this shadow form.

Range: How far the shadows will spread as Umbra moves around.

Ability 3: Shadows of Control: Umbra possesses the mind of an enemy taking full control of them until they die, or his power leaves there body.

Strength: Effects how much damage the enemy's weapon will do. This will vary depending on the level of the enemy and how much power strength you have on.

Efficiency: I getting tired of this.

Duration: Effects how long you will remain possessed and in control of the enemy. 

Range: Effects how far away the enemy can be possessed.

PS: Do to the possible OP nature of this ability your allies will still be able to damage the possessed enemy. You will not take damage, but it's possible for your allies to accidentally kill your possessed target. 

Ability 4: Shadows of Death: Umbra unleashes the full tormented power of his corrupted side, causing all nearby enemies to either flee, fight amongst themselves, or commit suicide.

Strength: No real effect.

Efficiency: No.

Duration: Effects how long enraged enemies and fleeing enemy's will remain in said state of mind.

Range: Effects how big the AoE will be.

Feel free to leave comments, I need suggestions and feedback, so far his second feels a bit Meh, if you have a better idea let me know.