Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

10 hours ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

yea for some reason this guy thinks I'm trying to force everyone to accept something when I'm really not 

I'm not a jehovahs witness xD

You may complain that I am putting words in your mouth if you want, but I will point out that twice in a row, I said "Making a hypothetical 'Umbra Chamber' mandatory for all players would be a bad idea," and twice in a row you answered not by saying "yeah, it should be optional," instead saying "but it would be really cool."

"Making an 'Umbra Chamber' mandatory for all players would be a bad idea." ----->    "But it would be really cool."

See how that might create the wrong impression?

You may have wanted to say "It would be really cool to have as an option." That is not what you said, though.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

You may complain that I am putting words in your mouth if you want, but I will point out that twice in a row, I said "Making a hypothetical 'Umbra Chamber' mandatory for all players would be a bad idea," and twice in a row you answered not by saying "yeah, it should be optional," instead saying "but it would be really cool."

"Making an 'Umbra Chamber' mandatory for all players would be a bad idea." ----->    "But it would be really cool."

You may have wanted to say "It would be really cool to have as an option." That is not what you said, though.

You don't even know if Umbras a crucial to the story now, how do yo know if that would be a bad idea. What makes it a bad idea?

1 minute ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

You don't even know if Umbras a crucial to the story now, how do yo know if that would be a bad idea. What makes it a bad idea?

I've already answered that.

I highly doubt that Umbra is going to somehow take centre stage and become equally important to every player's account as the actual player character, the Tenno. Assuming that Umbra is and remains a Warframe, even a highly plot important Warframe with different rules and whatnot.....I still don't want it wandering around on my Orbiter, I don't want to give up space in my Orbiter for it (especially when I can think of room allocations which would be much more what I am personally interested in), and I certainly don't want this to be mandatory, enforced by DE.
If nothing else, the damned thing is clearly dangerous.

Is it so important to you that everyone should feel the same way as you do about this? Do you feel that people should be somehow compelled to get hype?

17 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I've already answered that.

I highly doubt that Umbra is going to somehow take centre stage and become equally important to every player's account as the actual player character, the Tenno. Assuming that Umbra is and remains a Warframe, even a highly plot important Warframe with different rules and whatnot.....I still don't want it wandering around on my Orbiter, I don't want to give up space in my Orbiter for it (especially when I can think of room allocations which would be much more what I am personally interested in), and I certainly don't want this to be mandatory, enforced by DE.
If nothing else, the damned thing is clearly dangerous.

Is it so important to you that everyone should feel the same way as you do about this? Do you feel that people should be somehow compelled to get hype?

You speak for yourself and your opinion isnt of the majority. That isnt even a big problem, besides its highely unlikely that it will have its own room thats just blind speculation. Also your doubts are not close at all. Umbra is from what I can understand a pretty big part of the quest and besides Umbra isnt just a title like prime ot actually means something. AND if it is mandatory you can just delete your Umbra frames and pretend like the room doesnt exist, easy Also stop grasping for reasons not to have Umbra, your posts are very convincing that you just hate the idea of umbra and will find any reason not to have it.

Also concerning your last statement, right back at ya.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

4 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

You speak for yourself and your opinion isnt of the majority. That isnt even a big problem, besides its highely unlikely that it will have its own room thats just blind speculation. Also your doubts are not close at all. Umbra is from what I can understand a pretty big part of the quest and besides Umbra isnt just a title like prime ot actually means something. AND if it is mandatory you can just delete your Umbra frames and pretend like the room doesnt exist, easy Also stop grasping for reasons not to have Umbra, your posts are very convincing that you just hate the idea of umbra and will find any reason not to have it.

Also concerning your last statement, right back at ya.

Sigh.

Remember that thing a few pages back where I explained that I am deeply interested in what Excalibur Umbra means for the lore and setting? That I am fascinated by what new information might be carried in with it? That I do in fact think that it's a pretty neat Warframe?

I finished up that post by saying that I am interested in Umbra, I am just not hyped for Umbra, and that players who are super hyped seem to continually interpret the lack of hype as being actively against it.

Also, back at you? Dude. Please. Look back over the last few pages. I have been consistent in saying that forcing Excalibur Umbra on everyone in a way which takes up space in everyone's Orbiter, regardless of whether or not they are interested in it is a bad idea. I have been pretty consistent in advocating for options. 

I have never, ever said anything along the lines of "We just shouldn't get Umbra". I have made several posts about different ways which Umbra might be implemented.

MK Ultra, you seem to take it as a personal insult for it to be pointed out that not everyone is super hyped for Umbra. You seem to be unwilling to concede that not everyone is aboard the hype train, and that people should not be somehow forced aboard it. Take it easy, mate. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be allowed to ride the hype train. I'm saying that not everyone is aboard it, and that is ok.

Also, this thread is not the Umbra HYPE thread. It is the discussion and news thread.

2 minutes ago, Darkneblade_TR said:

I hope they been thinking adding umbra inaros it will be badass (it already evil frame but not &#!) 

Umbra Inaros would be pretty rad, to be honest. I think baseline Inaros is kind of ugly, mind, as the whole 'mummy-skeleton' thing got slightly overemphasised in his visual design, and as a result he's one of the most stylised Warframes, the most obvious in his references. So....an Inaros Umbra, with slightly cleaner lines, going more for an obsidian jackal statue rather than a wobbling mummy? That would be awesome.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Depends on perspective. I never specifically said it should be mandatory did I? anyway at the beginning I did say it should be optional. not directly, but I didn't word my message in a way that said "this is what I think is cool, if you don't like it you're an idiot." like mk said you're putting words in my mouth.

like I said; I'm just sharing my thoughts and that's all they are. try not to be so negative.

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince

Just now, Apoc001 said:

first we need Inaros Prime

oh I cannot wait for Inaros prime. i just built the normal one and he is amazing. I'm expecting some ra type prime helmet.

speaking of helmets has anyone figured what nekros primes helmet is supposed to be yet?

4 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Depends on perspective. I never specifically said it should be mandatory did I? anyway at the beginning I did say it should be optional. not directly, but I didn't word my message in a way that said "this is what I think is cool, if you don't like it you're an idiot." like mk said you're putting words in my mouth.

like I said; I'm just sharing my thoughts and that's all they are. try not to be so negative.

Well that's alright then. For the record, I think having an 'Umbra Chamber' where the Operator can go to talk with some manner of weird semi-independent 'frame is actually pretty cool....my only issue was with the idea that it should be automatically part of how Umbra is implemented for everyone. 

Just now, Apoc001 said:

first we need Inaros Prime

I dunno if we do, though. We know nothing about how any Umbra beyond Excalibur is being implemented, literally nothing.