Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Why exactly is there so much hype for a slightly different version of an existing warframe?  I get that people are excited for the whole "Umbra" thing, but I would have figured it was the lore surrounding him that would get everyone so hyped.  There are a ton of people in this thread who don't care about the lore aspect and just want the frame to be released already.  

1 minute ago, (XB1)MAveric215 said:

Why exactly is there so much hype for a slightly different version of an existing warframe?  I get that people are excited for the whole "Umbra" thing, but I would have figured it was the lore surrounding him that would get everyone so hyped.  There are a ton of people in this thread who don't care about the lore aspect and just want the frame to be released already.  

I have been asking that exact question for over a hundred pages now, and the closest I have gotten to an answer is "It's just a really cool 'frame and we want it."

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

steve commented at a pbr adjustment as well as some cosmetic differences he guesstimated as 94% similar (6% difference)

all i have to say ..better have my golden arm decorations ..

latest?cb=20160414080831

if they at least keep the bits metal, so long as you can change the color, you can use the orokin color pack to achieve the exact gold prime color. Its the second yellow from the bottom on the right. Or if you have the Easter pack, one of the yellows in that pack works just as well. I've professed in making fake primes outta my regulars.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)MAveric215 said:

for many its different reasosn as born with teeth pointed out his visuals is preferred by many

but others are hyped for the lore 

as well as the other umbra warframes to follow in his stead 

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

I have been asking that exact question for over a hundred pages now, and the closest I have gotten to an answer is "It's just a really cool 'frame and we want it."

1:Gold

2:Scarfs

3:Helmet

4: and better version of the prime

5 minutes ago, (XB1)MAveric215 said:

because Excalibur prime replacement.

1 minute ago, Vlada91 said:

1:Gold

2:Scarfs

3:Helmet

4: and better version of the prime

we dont know the stats of globals umbras yet .. , umbra excalibur prime though is stat wise higher then is predecessor 

also im adjusting the OP as some things are outdated 

*thing is so long i get lost in it sometimes* 

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

we dont know the stats of globals umbras yet .. , umbra excalibur prime though is stat wise higher then is predecessor

also im adjusting the OP as some things are outdated

*thing is so long i get lost in it sometimes*

I just hope his stats are better than vanilla, otherwise why bother? Also, the only other thing I hope is that he gets the 250 energy from death orbs perk.

45 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

idk, its a gamble coming up with a lore for him as well. I hope it isn't stupid or makes no sense.

See also my prediction that when Umbra is released, there will be a backlash anyway, and the people most mad about it will be the people who were most hype.

And the first shall be the last, and the last shall be the first.....

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

See also my prediction that when Umbra is released, there will be a backlash anyway, and the people most mad about it will be the people who were most hype.

but isnt that with anything? 

forums always seems to have love/hate stuff about i didnt think umbra(s) would be the exception 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

but isnt that with anything? 

forums always seems to have love/hate stuff about i didnt think umbra(s) would be the exception 

Just because a Thing is a Thing does not mean it is a Good Thing, or even an Acceptable Thing.

(Which is my way of noting that it is a Good Thing to chill out, be patient, pay attention to details, and not let one's own expectations define your reaction to a new thing.)

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I want so badly for it to be actually worth the wait. I want so badly to actually care that they developed a full quest around this guy when a simple release would have pleased people just fine. As time passes so does my enthusiasm for the quest.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

I think in one of the last few devstreams they said umbra will be released "soon-ish". That was probably around 1 to 2 months ago so I'd say that chances are high that umbra will be released soon. How they do it is the question.

thus the 100 + pages of discussion xD

there are many theories and conjectures as well as links to other topics

but untill the day of release we wait 

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Your right, from what I've heard when talking to my fellow Umbta fans many of them want different things which some can conflict with each other and not everyone will be pleased. Also is that a bible qoute?