Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

21 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well not lame , but lacking .. maybe in terms of content many are looking forward to,

which is probably a lot of player generated self hype rather then possible conclusions .....

A lot of hype and conclusions are just made up by the playerbase themselves. Most recently was the conclusion players came to when they thought DE said "No Umbra with U19" when that was never actually said.

Just now, PsychedelicSnake said:

A lot of hype and conclusions are just made up by the playerbase themselves. Most recently was the conclusion players came to when they thought DE said "No Umbra with U19" when that was never actually said.

yep... 

i still think language barriers and secondhand  info are the culprits there

like the telephone game. a message is sent through enough people, each explains it in their own way, it will be different at the end 

49 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Sorry mate, a moderator warned me that i shouldn't talk about it

Inbox messages work wonders, hopefully he keeps that info to himself and maintains spoilers away from the thread.

Now, time to go back to wait for specters of the rail, TWW, and whatever comes next.

The devs can work as hard as they can to keep the forums clean and free of spoilers all they want. Anybody that REALLY wants to know what's going on simply has to go to Google and investigate it themselves. That's the thing about the internet. It's nearly impossible to contain leaked info. If something goes up for so much as 5 minutes, you better believe it's gonna spread like the plague. There's absolutely nothing they can do to stop it either.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

The devs can work as hard as they can to keep the forums clean and free of spoilers all they want. Anybody that REALLY wants to know what's going on simply has to go to Google and investigate it themselves. That's the thing about the internet. It's nearly impossible to contain leaked info. If something goes up for so much as 5 minutes, you better believe it's gonna spread like the plague. There's absolutely nothing they can do to stop it either.

I'm not sure if you're trying to justify blabbing the datamined info/spoilers or not, but understand literally no one cares if someone seeks out the spoilers of their own volition. They do care when people are being inconsiderate by trying to spoil it for people that would rather wait for the content to drop. That is basically one of the main points as to why no one is allowed to post it or discuss it. So no, the focus of damage control isn't to prevent the people that want the spoilers from seeing it; it's to keep the topics clean of spoilers for the people that don't want to see it.

tl;dr

Go ahead and look for/at spoilers if you want, but keep what you seen to yourself and don't bring them up at all in topics.

9 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

I'm not sure if you're trying to justify blabbing the datamined info/spoilers or not, but understand literally no one cares if someone seeks out the spoilers of their own volition. They do care when people are being inconsiderate by trying to spoil it for people that would rather wait for the content to drop. That is basically one of the main points as to why no one is allowed to post it or discuss it. So no, the focus of damage control isn't to prevent the people that want the spoilers from seeing it; it's to keep the topics clean of spoilers for the people that don't want to see it.

tl;dr

Go ahead and look for/at spoilers if you want, but keep what you seen to yourself and don't bring them up at all in topics.

pretty much

On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 7:17 PM, unknow99 said:

I can't tell anything to anyone here,but if you really want to know :

Hide contents

Read

Each

Data

Displayed

In

This website...

Solve this enigma,your eyes will open,Frost...

I want mine to be white, light gray and gold like the original. I'm gonna put my Targis prime armor on him, my Yamako prime syandana on him and hopefully I'll be able to overlay the Jade Excalibur skin over him while maintaining the gold pieces.

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

I'm ot sure about how my Excalibur Umbra will look, I prefer putting my hands on him before starting to play dress-up frame ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[/sup]I'm most likely gonna use ogrant helmet + immortal skin or proto armor (once these get pbr treatment) or Caduto helm (if caduto skin makes it to the game) + his default skin. Still not sure about attachments, I want to see how that scarf works first (hoping our umbra keeps umbra prime's scarf) or whatever DE puts in its place if they decide to change it[/sup]

3 hours ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

[...]hopefully I'll be able to overlay the Jade Excalibur skin over him while maintaining the gold pieces.

Due to how alternate skins work on primed warframes (like Rhino, Loki, Nyx, Nova, etc) we're most likely going to be able to apply different skins on umbra without losing the gold bits nor other body additions.

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Curse you auto-correction fool

2 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Due to how alternate skins work on primed warframes (like Rhino, Loki, Nyx, Nova, etc) we're most likely going to be able to apply different skins on umbra without losing the gold bits nor other body additions.

I think that´s not the case ... Equip a Skin on excalibur prime (doesnt matter which one) ..you will lose your Gold bits instantly

3 hours ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

I think that´s not the case ... Equip a Skin on excalibur prime (doesnt matter which one) ..you will lose your Gold bits instantly

Except that's not the case with Excalibur Umbra because unlike Excalibur Prime, his gold bits are protruding and not just replacements of random parts on his body.

Edited by LazerSkink

29 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Long answer:

That's just an exception, afaik Excalibur and Frost prime (the oldest primes) have no additional bits, compared to their vanilla counterparts, making their gold be part of their skin. On the other side, Mag has her floaty holsters and shoulder pads, rhino has big shoulder pads, loki has "spikes" added on legs and arms, and all of the primed frames released after rhino (not sure about ember, iirc she has some gold on her thighs. cannot check right now anyways) have some additions that are kept when we equip alternate skins. If you don't believe me you can go to art & animation forum and look for topics related to Vauban Prime added coat tails not being covered by his phased skin, for example.

Short answer:

Excal and frost gold is part of their skin, which turns them to the exceptions that makes the rule. Every primed warframe released after frost got additions that are kept when applying alt skins. Can't believe it? You can check it on your own arsenal

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Typos at 6am with no sleep before exam D:

But Im still slighty confused mostly because of the stalker like.....is stalker a warframe, or is he like haiden tenno from dark sector able to control his own will? If thats the case, Can excalibur umbra be the same? thinking about it now maybe DE need time to give him a personality and a reason to the lore hell maybe even a voice so he wont be the slient type. so finding a voice actor and and a solid personailty may not be that easy since hell none of the warframes do. But heres hopeing we get him soon

P.S Holy crap warframe lore reminds me of dark souls lore.........DEEP

4 hours ago, (XB1)Yeah Its Eli said:

But Im still slighty confused mostly because of the stalker like.....is stalker a warframe, or is he like haiden tenno from dark sector able to control his own will? If thats the case, Can excalibur umbra be the same? thinking about it now maybe DE need time to give him a personality and a reason to the lore hell maybe even a voice so he wont be the slient type. so finding a voice actor and and a solid personailty may not be that easy since hell none of the warframes do. But heres hopeing we get him soon

P.S Holy crap warframe lore reminds me of dark souls lore.........DEEP

might want to go to op 

discussion >theories >stalker&autonomous theories

weve have some interesting concepts come up on them 

dude console is so dead right now. I got people in my clan like half of them ain't been on in like a month-and-a-half. If lunaro doesn't pick people back up I don't know if there will be enough people on to even give a crap when spectors comes out or war within. I got people just moving on to other things like Halo and Dark Souls 3 and Overwatch cause they're just sick of waiting. Its probably the hardest for guys like me, the mr21s with all the stuff lved, all the cosmetics I want and all that jazz. I could forma my crap about a trillion times but what's the point? I think de needs to start looking at the massive base of high ranking players and come up with something to keep them invested save for a game mode that may or may not die along with the rest of conclave or a quest that will have you invested for 2 or 3 hours before you beat it and you're back to square one. Its getting harder and harder to keep the elites pleased. I would know, I see them going every day and I'm quite frankly starting to become one of them.