Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

4 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

True. although in real life reverse grip is virtually useless.

ff66163cf9438af098a2b44ad3bf22ab.jpg

why not? :smile: 

In this case,Umbra hides his blade to surprise Excal....

Edited by Vlada91

28 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

ah reverse grip. the most inefficient way to wield a sword ever.

depends what kind of way and what kind of usage.

for actuall combat? only usefull if you try to punch the enemy and scrap him with the blad ebecause you missed. in all other cases... more then unhandy.

6 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

ff66163cf9438af098a2b44ad3bf22ab.jpg

why not? :smile: 

In this case,Umbra hides his blade to surprise Excal....

yes it looks cool in fiction. but in real life you'd need to get within kissing distance to actually hit someone with the blade held in reverse and real people aren't as stupid as video game AI. you'd be dead long before you get that close. 

also it's a glowing energy longsword. i don't know whether you could hide something like that xD

6 hours ago, DeFragMe said:

depends what kind of way and what kind of usage.

for actuall combat? only usefull if you try to punch the enemy and scrap him with the blad ebecause you missed. in all other cases... more then unhandy.

the only way it is useful is if you are in a real tight space with no room to swing a sword the proper way.

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince

24 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

yes it looks cool in fiction. but in real life you'd need to get within kissing distance to actually hit someone with the blade held in reverse and real people aren't as stupid as video game AI. you'd be dead long before you get that close.

It could be somehow useful with a shoto as a defense method, albeit a rare occassion. Plus, Warframe melee stances rarely even follow the simplest of combat tactics. There's no telling if they'll defy logic this time.

1 hour ago, Madho said:

It could be somehow useful with a shoto as a defense method, albeit a rare occassion. Plus, Warframe melee stances rarely even follow the simplest of combat tactics. There's no telling if they'll defy logic this time.

exactly. holding a blade backwards is only good for daggers and other short blades. not full length katanas or longswords. still it is nice to feel like an absolute badass in games like star wars the force unleashed and warframe. it just makes me laugh to think that there might be people out there thinking this type of fighting style is viable in real life combat.

Edited by LorianTheElderPrince

19 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

exactly. holding a blade backwards is only good for daggers and other short blades. not full length katanas or longswords. still it is nice to feel like an absolute badass in games like star wars the force unleashed and warframe. it just makes me laugh to think that there might be people out there thinking this type of fighting style is viable in real life combat.

First of all Warframe is unreal game,and second its a game not real life.... if they managed to create good combo in star wars force unleashed game, why is Warframe special and better?

It's sci fi era....And in sci fi World you should not be expected anything seriously and nothing is by the book...Either way we are away from the main topic and Umbra,Excal art...

If Umbra hides blade from Excal,then his blade should be as less noticeable and not to choose the proper manner if Umbra wants to surprise him :smile: simple is that :angel: 

24 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

First of all Warframe is unreal game,and second its a game not real life.... if they managed to create good combo in star wars force unleashed game, why is Warframe special and better?

It's sci fi era....And in sci fi World you should not be expected anything seriously and nothing is by the book...Either way we are away from the main topic and Umbra,Excal art...

whoa no need to get snappy. i'm just saying it makes me laugh to think that some people in the world actually think that reverse-sword grip is a viable form of combat. i enjoy looking badass too. i'm not one of those battlefield morons who go around whining about how games need to be more realistic. i'm not expecting anything at all. it's fun to be a complete ninja with staves and greatswords.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

nice  

i still want a prime vs umbra one ..but ill eventually draw one in my comic xD....when time permits ...

Hehe yea.... but this is more like a noob who wants to defeat pro-Umbra frame :smile: 

1 hour ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

We already have a prime vs umbra picture. sort of

SdqRX0w.jpg

To be honest, I pictured Prime vs Umbra as people clamoring to Prime and Umbra asking "What Does he have that I don't Got? I'm dark and Edgy with better Gold Bits and a Scarf made from Void Energy?" well something to that effect

1 hour ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Do you have some pics about Umbra in China with exalted blade?
I mean... he will have a Special different weapon style than excalibur... Maybe a  exalted nikana .. But that would look too awesome.. (maybe it would piss someone off)

thats my hope ...

47 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Hehe yea.... but this is more like a noob who wants to defeat pro-Umbra frame :smile: 

thats ones going down (puts plat on umbra)

1 hour ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

He has the skana prime.

i mean like ...

gif.gif

43 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

To be honest, I pictured Prime vs Umbra as people clamoring to Prime and Umbra asking "What Does he have that I don't Got? I'm dark and Edgy with better Gold Bits and a Scarf made from Void Energy?" well something to that effect

personally i see them as brothers .... older and younger (unless reveal or lore changes that?)

39 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

thats my hope ...

thats ones going down (puts plat on umbra)

i mean like ...

gif.gif

personally i see them as brothers .... older and younger (unless reveal or lore changes that?)

Yea i know what you mean :D  and I thought of that when I first start to draw my artwork....Style more as Devil may cry game:Dante vs Vergil.And that's why I decided to draw something new. Perhaps I'm going to draw something new as you seek,if I get inspiration for that... :smile:   

11 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I love the way that Umbra is just like "Guys...look, I think it would be best if I should go, maybe we can talk this out later?"

I forgot to say earlier that I like the thought of Immortal Skin, Proto, and Prisma sets as seperate Excalibros.

11 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

I forgot to say earlier that I like the thought of Immortal Skin, Proto, and Prisma sets as seperate Excalibros.

Yeah, Prime is super mad, and they're all like "Man, get a grip! Look, we're not gonna let you guys beat the hell out of each other just because you showed up wearing negatives of each other's outfits, for the love of God!"

And Umbra is standing there like "Uh....crap. Look, I wasn't looking for trouble, should I just....?"

35 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yeah, Prime is super mad, and they're all like "Man, get a grip! Look, we're not gonna let you guys beat the hell out of each other just because you showed up wearing negatives of each other's outfits, for the love of God!"

And Umbra is standing there like "Uh....crap. Look, I wasn't looking for trouble, should I just....?"

With how skins effect your loads out now I think the devs support this. Also this is hilarious.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

this xD ^ 

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

Yea i know what you mean :D  and I thought of that when I first start to draw my artwork....Style more as Devil may cry game:Dante vs Vergil.And that's why I decided to draw something new. Perhaps I'm going to draw something new as you seek,if I get inspiration for that... :smile:   

let me know if you want to colab :D