Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

7 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

If Umbra hides blade from Excal,then his blade should be as less noticeable and not to choose the proper manner if Umbra wants to surprise him :smile: simple is that :angel: 

It's completely unnecessary. Umbra could've just used slash dash as a gap closer and pop out EB at melee range. It hardly even matters if the reverse grip can surprise Excalibur or not. Umbra's existence alone would be enough of a distraction to catch Excalibur off guard. A direct change in Umbra's stance would be more effective than changing the grip or the weapon itself, because we would assume his abilities to be similar to Excalibur's. EB could be changed to a nikana instead of a longsword, but having a reverse grip this time would directly clash with blind justice's movements. 

Tl;dr: "less noticeable" is not a viable excuse to have a reverse grip. You could've just said that "I want it cuz it's cool" instead. 

5 hours ago, yual said:

Why he try to kill Umbra? He here to give him the access to a upgrade!

beacuse umbra stole the Prime colors. Just look how white umbra is in that picture. Naturally ecalibur would be pissed.

Edited by DeFragMe

Devstream 78 and DE wants to continue to shove Titania down our throats but won't so much as divulge on spoiler free things about Umbra like his stats or his physical appearance in our build or confirmation that he's even coming with the war within update. Its getting so bad that I'm actually starting to despise Titania because she's stealing all the attention when were supposed to be getting 3 frames (1 at least on console) within the next month. Nekros prime comes August 16th.

This whole waiting and wanting, takes me back to Valkyr.

I was so heatedly demanding that we must have the original version so we knew what happeneď to Valkyr. And I had just about given up hope when they finally said a deluxe skin was in development.

Some things that take time that we really really want, is bittersweet. Umbra sure is where Valkyr was at, and they really should tell us what their timeframe is on Umbra.

A repeat of Focus is never good. First announced with bells and whistles. Then the ideas were scrapped. Then some ideas were reused for Syndicates. Then after a year or so, Focus was finally a thing with the Operators.

So. Umbra this year please? 

4 hours ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

Devstream 78 and DE wants to continue to shove Titania down our throats but won't so much as divulge on spoiler free things about Umbra like his stats or his physical appearance in our build or confirmation that he's even coming with the war within update. Its getting so bad that I'm actually starting to despise Titania because she's stealing all the attention when were supposed to be getting 3 frames (1 at least on console) within the next month. Nekros prime comes August 16th.

Because Titania is just another Warframe that you can just acquire normally. Which, as with all normal Warframes have been as you say "shoved down our throats"

Umbra or what they plan for him and the overall series of the Umbra "limited" line is tied to whatever story DE plans to do for it, which is not a normal Warframe.

Edited by KJRenz

I can already tell that the next devstream will upset me, since judging by the description,  it is fully based around that titania frame that has a big chance at being one of the frames that you will play around with and never use again.  Also,  judging by the description a good part of time will be taken by developers talking about how they thought of the design,  name and stuff,  well,  it is more interesting to me,  but i have 0% hype for that frame.  You may say:"but hey,  some people are really hyped for dat new frame",  but yeah,  some are NOT. 

edit: They should've revealed the Umbra by this time, yet they are trying to make him a surprise,  which is a terrible idea without showing us his stats and abilities and difference from other excals. 

Every week of them being silent about Umbra makes me think more that they don't care about him at all. 

Edited by Deskhon
Edit

2 hours ago, KJRenz said:

Because Titania is just another Warframe that you can just acquire normally. Which, as with all normal Warframes have been as you say "shoved down our throats"

Umbra or what they plan for him and the overall series of the Umbra "limited" line is tied to whatever story DE plans to do for it, which is not a normal Warframe.

Idk they didn't hype other WARFRAMES like atlas or Equinox or inaros as much as the fairy frame.

Something that comes to mind, is that the Umbra are viewed as "Warped"... so, part of me suspects that they may be ones that have been tormented by their past... Though I'm reminded of the Stalker's history... as well Valkyr's. so it makes me wonder if she will also receive an Umbra...

Edited by DraconisDrake
I used a wrong word, then forgot to add a reason... >.<

6 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Umbra is cool, but Starkiller is like on a complete different level, he's the coolest character ever to me. 

I'd pay real money to have his movesets into Warframe. Or a lightsaber to be held on reverse. 

Meh, I always thought he was the biggest light saber wielding emo ever.

Man I gotta say Titania looks good and I'll definietly get her but I'm way more hyped about Umbras. DE please just give us a teenie tiny bit of information so we know you haven't given up on Excalibur Umbra. (pretty please) Also I really hope if DE introduces Umbras they do so with an actual story and not just a bundle.(Though I doubt they would release Excal Umbra in a bundle, they could've done that long ago. 

46 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

At least Umbra doesn't whine about his ex.

1 hour ago, siralextraffo said:

Still cooler than Umbra. 

Is it ... yes I think it ... yep. It's a de-rail, all right.

Back on track guys?

Edited by arch111

10 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Idk they didn't hype other WARFRAMES like atlas or Equinox or inaros as much as the fairy frame.

They still did, they talked about their powers upon showing them. Giving us the info of what they can do.