Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

I've been wondering how the umbras could fit in the game... what if the Orokin created them to be much like the Stalker, a failsafe in the event the Tenno would rebel against their masters.

Spoiler

We know that Ordis' consciousness was used to make him a Cephalon, what if that is what happened to the Stalker? A Tenno and a Warframe no longer requiring tranference. There's a quote from the Stalker in which he mentions himself and the rest of the Guardians watching from a dark place as the Tenno destroy the Orokin Empire. What if those guardians are the Umbras.

In the end we know that the Tenno won, as to how the Stalker and his followers failed to protect the Orokin... I don't know. Maybe we'll never know...

Anyways, just a theory to keep the discussion going. 

Edited by LocoN7

4 hours ago, LocoN7 said:

I've been wondering how the umbras could fit in the game... what if the Orokin created them to be much like the Stalker, a failsafe in the event the Tenno would rebel against their masters.

Reveal hidden contents

We know that Ordis' consciousness was used to make him a Cephalon, what if that is what happened to the Stalker? A Tenno and a Warframe no longer requiring tranference. There's a quote from the Stalker in which he mentions himself and the rest of the Guardians watching from a dark place as the Tenno destroy the Orokin Empire. What if those guardians are the Umbras.

In the end we know that the Tenno won, as to how the Stalker and his followers failed to protect the Orokin... I don't know. Maybe we'll never know...

Anyways, just a theory to keep the discussion going. 

Sounds fine to me.

Well, one of my original ideas was that the Guardians guarded the Tenno. Or rather watched them.

But that was based only on this line from Stalker.

"The Tenno were not stoic and sile t. They were poised, waiting."

Why would he know that? What made HIM realize the Tenno were about to rebel?

If he was allready worried, that is a logical reaction.

2 hours ago, LocoN7 said:

Reveal hidden contents

in the end iam still more confused about just one fact : Why does the stalker always said that he was in the shadows and watched, not doing anything as the Orokin died. While in the end he still calls himself a guardian.

The shadows from which he watched, that dark place could have been some kind of prison, maybe an orokin derelict. Maybe the Lotus locked them away to protect the Tenno... Or perhaps the Stalker just couldn't bring himself to kill his brothers and sisters. In the Second Dream quest Hunhow says: "You still hate them... you still hate yourself". Maybe after the fall of the Orokin he just couldn't handle the fact that he could have done something to prevent all those deaths but he didn't, which eventually drove him mad.

3 minutes ago, LocoN7 said:

The shadows from which he watched, that dark place could have been some kind of prison, maybe an orokin derelict. Maybe the Lotus locked them away to protect the Tenno... Or perhaps the Stalker just couldn't bring himself to kill his brothers and sisters. In the Second Dream quest Hunhow says: "You still hate them... you still hate yourself". Maybe after the fall of the Orokin he just couldn't handle the fact that he could have done something to prevent all those deaths but he didn't, which eventually drove him mad.

well, might be, but the Lotus says that the Stalker went mad when he found out the truth about the tenno's ... if we can trust the lotus on that one or the stalker is no warframe... well, who knows, maybe one day...

I hope we'll never know the full truth about the Stalker to be honest. The best thing about him is that we know very little about his past which makes him... well pretty cool. Also you are right the Lotus said the Stalker went mad after he learned the truth about the Tenno, which makes me wonder... did he go mad because he realised he hunted the warframes for nothing or did he go mad because he learned a much darker truth.

1 hour ago, LocoN7 said:

I hope we'll never know the full truth about the Stalker to be honest. The best thing about him is that we know very little about his past which makes him... well pretty cool. Also you are right the Lotus said the Stalker went mad after he learned the truth about the Tenno, which makes me wonder... did he go mad because he realised he hunted the warframes for nothing or did he go mad because he learned a much darker truth.

Well, the weird part on that is the Reservoir. It was like a Void-pool that the pods were in.

Lotus said: "Be careful when being near the Reservoir,  it is very powerful. It drove the Stalker mad."

She never actually said: I told Stalker the truth sobhe went nuts.

She rather implied we too could have been hurt by the Reservoir. 

16 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Well, the weird part on that is the Reservoir. It was like a Void-pool that the pods were in.

Lotus said: "Be careful when being near the Reservoir,  it is very powerful. It drove the Stalker mad."

She never actually said: I told Stalker the truth sobhe went nuts.

She rather implied we too could have been hurt by the Reservoir. 

and that excactly is why i will be happy to replay the quest line.... iam bad with just reading stuff i have already done and get easily bored on it.

The war within must be in the Dream = using Transference. 

The war without must be Awake. Meaning the ... Operator?

Hmm. The Acolytes call Stalker Undreaming.

Maby ... the War Within quest really DO feature the first Umbra?

1 hour ago, DeFragMe said:

i think he meant 250

this ^ i ran out of coffee D: im up 2 days in a row .. developing a cpu is annoying...

1 hour ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Too late now he has to draw something.

did that was the umbra sir pic xD

56 minutes ago, arch111 said:

The war within must be in the Dream = using Transference. 

The war without must be Awake. Meaning the ... Operator?

Hmm. The Acolytes call Stalker Undreaming.

Maby ... the War Within quest really DO feature the first Umbra?

well if we reflect that the trailer shows the operator being ..attacked while in transference and somehow kicked out of orbiter to a snow area ? makes me wonder if we are not so safe in the ship ..

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well if we reflect that the trailer shows the operator being ..attacked while in transference and somehow kicked out of orbiter to a snow area ? makes me wonder if we are not so safe in the ship ..

i personally dont think that we get kicked out of the orbiter... i think more that the orbiter will crashland... like most corpus ships on icy planets.

Hey guys! 

This thread has been going strong for 230 pages with almost 5.5k replies. Holy dedication Batman! You have speculated, theorized, and come to several conclusions about Excalibur Umbra's origins and his part in the greater Warframe universe as it currently stands. 

Unfortunately, the discussion has gone wildly off topic (and has been all over the place for awhile now). We will be sure to update you when more Excalibur Umbra information is available and ready to be released, but for the time being we'll be locking this thread. Now, I don't want to discredit the work (XB1)EternalDrk Mako (and all of you who have participated and kept on topic) has put into this thread to keep you all up to date with the latest on Umbra information. The reality is that the amount of off-topic and derail worthy posts and micro-discussions keeps doing just that. If not for the moderators regularly cleaning the thread it would have started to look like something that was intended for the off-topic section a long time ago. 

You are more than welcome to continue the discussion elsewhere (constructively of course). The lock is not to discourage you from doing so. The lock is also not indicative that Umbra is not coming to the global build. Excalibur Umbra will be coming to the global build, that goal has not changed. 

To preserve Mako's work I encourage you use the OP of this thread as a guideline to discuss Umbra elsewhere:

Spoiler
On 12/7/2015 at 8:51 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

a110e1d1-9575-4515-b35b-d956a5aa6960_zps

Congrats to all Tenno involved, 200+ Pages, Thank you all for your participation !

Reveal hidden contents

Welcome Tenno to the Umbra Discussion and News Thread

This Post contains items that have been discussed at length, items are condensed for quick access and allow those new to the content to quickly catch up on the basic topics discussed.  

Topics have been split and categorized in a section that can be opened via the [reveal hidden content] button, so you can read its contents and sub section(s) at your convenience. 

U19 & Umbra Straw Poll

http://www.strawpoll.me/10493850

[FAQ][Read Before Posting]

Reveal hidden contents

[Thread Log][7/29/2016]

Reveal hidden contents

[News][7/10/2016]

Reveal hidden contents

[Discussion][5/13/2016]

Reveal hidden contents

[Misc][7/25/2016]

Reveal hidden contents