Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 minute ago, Jicematoro said:

The founders deserve good stuff, they paid a lot for it (and no, just because they're exclusive, doens't mean they got their Money's worth, I'm sure you wouldn't pay +100$ for an exclusive Prova Prime, if it was just a recolor). Lato and Skana are, let's admit it, pretty bad weapons, and Excalibur Prime is barely better than the normal Excalibur (like, 25 armor difference + Prime Passive, which is pretty much meaningless now that the Void doesn't reward the player), the founders complaining is reasonable, they paid for that stuff in an early state of the game (when maybe those were playable) and now, they can't bring them to missions without handicapping themselves and their team. Their stuff doesn't need to be Broken, it just needs to be good...

Too bad, the few hundred Founders complaining about their stuff being put on a equal playing field is not comparable to the Thousands upon Thousands of players who will never have them because "Special Snowflake".

4 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

The founders deserve good stuff, they paid a lot for it (and no, just because they're exclusive, doens't mean they got their Money's worth, I'm sure you wouldn't pay +100$ for an exclusive Prova Prime, if it was just a recolor). Lato and Skana are, let's admit it, pretty bad weapons, and Excalibur Prime is barely better than the normal Excalibur (like, 25 armor difference + Prime Passive, which is pretty much meaningless now that the Void doesn't reward the player), the founders complaining is reasonable, they paid for that stuff in an early state of the game (when maybe those were playable) and now, they can't bring them to missions without handicapping themselves and their team. Their stuff doesn't need to be Broken, it just needs to be good...

I would pay.... Excalibur prime is good your melee doesn't matter due to exalted blade....and your secondary rarely matters. They aren't handicapping anything just bring a synoid whatever it's called and blow up everyone in the room.

3 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

founders "deserve" nothing, they were gifted those items as a thank you for supporting the game in its infancy

no amount of money gives any player entitlement, this is stated in the TOS and EULA

1 hour ago, Apoc001 said:

thats not mechanics

saying Umbra Prime is an Umbra is ignorance on your part, since you, nor anyone else can define what makes a frame an "Umbra"

It's a gameplay difference.
And It's Umbra. As far as we've been told, it's an Umbra.

5 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

founders "deserve" nothing, they were gifted those items as a thank you for supporting the game in its infancy

no amount of money gives any player entitlement, this is stated in the TOS and EULA

This. In honesty I wish Excalibur Umbra Stayed China Exclusive to Spite Founders so they can feel even remotely they way I do anout them Flaunting their gear at me, thinking they are above reproach.

1 minute ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

This. In honesty I wish Excalibur Umbra Stayed China Exclusive to Spite Founders so they can feel even remotely they way I do anout them Flaunting their gear at me, thinking they are above reproach.

But that double *bleeps*(sorry couldn't say the f word due to possible warning point) us consoles would go nuts.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

13 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Too bad, the few hundred Founders complaining about their stuff being put on a equal playing field is not comparable to the Thousands upon Thousands of players who will never have them because "Special Snowflake".

11 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

I can tell nothing I say will convince you, so let's just leave it at that, and forgive me if I have a hard time agreeing with those opinions coming from non-founders (considering you both seem to have a distaste for founders, you know, that makes it easier for all of us to agree)

Edited by Jicematoro

3 minutes ago, Jicematoro said:

I can tell nothing I say will convince you, so let's just leave it at that, and forgive me if I have a hard time agreeing with those opinions coming from non-founders (considering you both seem to have a distaste for founders, you know, that makes it easier for all of us to agree)

Founders got what they got no more nor less.

Also I don't hate founders, many cool people I know..are founders. I still envy them though plz don't tell them.

To be honest I don't get why people argue about excalibur prime... As I recall DE never said there won't be a stronger version of Excalibur... EP can stay exclusive to founders. Although if the founders really are this angry about it then DE can buff EP to be a bit better than Umbra, but Umbra would still be an upgrade to Excalibur. I think we should just return to speculating about what kind of lore is behind Excal Umbra.

12 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

do provide proof that it is a "twisted" version of a prime, and in what way is it twisted

Proof? In a BETA game?

Seriously though, Steve said so and that, until we know otherwise, is Word of God.

10 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

do provide proof that it is a "twisted" version of a prime, and in what way is it twisted

I don't want to argue mate but the truth is that this thread is purely about speculation, even if he stated something as if it is a fact this is still about speculation, nothing has to be true or proven. People just want to cool themselves by discussing possibilites about a frame that has great potential, we all know that Excal Umbra might turn out very different from what we want it to be but it's still fun to imagine stuff and discuss theories. Though I understand your reasoning. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Just now, arch111 said:

Proof? In a BETA game?

Seriously though, Steve said so and that, until we know otherwise, is Word of God.

Steve has only ever comment on Umbra, not Umbra Prime

he has only ever been asked about the visuals between Umbra and Umbra Prime, which he has answer to the best that he can, and can allow, which is: they are the same

Umbra Prime is a singular existence, there will not be another "Umbra Prime", there is no reason for another, there will be Primes, and Umbras

we know Umbras will be different from normal warframes, including the primes, because DE stated they want Umbras to be more than a reskin with altered stats, which are basically what primes are, so if Umbra Prime is doing everything that normal Excalibur is doing, with altered stats like Excalibur Prime has and nothing else, than it is not living up to the vision that DE has for Umbra, and is not an Umbra according to the lore

our Umbra will be the first Umbra, as defined by function and lore, Umbra Prime is only an Umbra in looks, and in name, but is not a true "Umbra"

4 minutes ago, Apoc001 said:

Steve has only ever comment on Umbra, not Umbra Prime

he has only ever been asked about the visuals between Umbra and Umbra Prime, which he has answer to the best that he can, and can allow, which is: they are the same

Umbra Prime is a singular existence, there will not be another "Umbra Prime", there is no reason for another, there will be Primes, and Umbras

we know Umbras will be different from normal warframes, including the primes, because DE stated they want Umbras to be more than a reskin with altered stats, which are basically what primes are, so if Umbra Prime is doing everything that normal Excalibur is doing, with altered stats like Excalibur Prime has and nothing else, than it is not living up to the vision that DE has for Umbra, and is not an Umbra according to the lore

our Umbra will be the first Umbra, as defined by function and lore, Umbra Prime is only an Umbra in looks, and in name, but is not a true "Umbra"

Yes. I agree. Thats what I was saying.

9 hours ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

Dude, I don't think "My own intense personal resentment and feeling of persecution" is a good underlying principle for game design. For instance, I am not a Founder, yet I truly don't give a toss about Excalibur Prime. It is genuinely not a problem in the slightest. I am very interested in Umbra, and I feel that it would be appropriate for Umbra and Excalibur Prime to be equivalent in power. Note that I did not say "They should have the same stats". I said that they should have roughly the same power.

I feel that keeping Umbra locked into the Chinese build to 'teach Founders a lesson' would be, well, a terrible reason for doing so. It would be a fine example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. 

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Dude, I don't think "My own intense personal resentment and feeling of persecution" is a good underlying principle for game design. For instance, I am not a Founder, yet I truly don't give a toss about Excalibur Prime. It is genuinely not a problem in the slightest. I am very interested in Umbra, and I feel that it would be appropriate for Umbra and Excalibur Prime to be equivalent in power. Note that I did not say "They should have the same stats". I said that they should have roughly the same power.

I feel that keeping Umbra locked into the Chinese build to 'teach Founders a lesson' would be, well, a terrible reason for doing so. It would be a fine example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. 

I don't have to win, I just have to make them lose.

1 minute ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

It's not a competition. Or, if you insist that it is a competition....then you lost that competition more than a year before you even started playing Warframe. But it's only that way if you insist on seeing it as some kind of 'war' between yourself and Founders, and that just isn't healthy or productive.

Relatively few people care. At all. It's not like there's a vast, seething subculture of Warframe players whose main occupation is plotting bloody revolution so that they can seize the means of Excalibur Production. Seriously mate. Let it go.

Still talking about EP? All the guys who are pissed off about not having one consider this: EP is only better by +25 armor which is negligable, also his helmet looks as if a void key was slapped to his face...I genuinely don't understand the hate towards founders for this, now can we return to the discussion about Umbra please? You know , what this thread actually is about.

10 hours ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

36 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

I do see people's annoyance when the 1% of total Founders whine that they're getting outclassed by Umbra. However you are the most immature and selfish person I've seen on this thread so far.

You would want to deny them umbra out of spite? What are you, twelve? So you'd sacrifice everyone's chances at umbra just because you've got a petty hatred for Founders. That puts you on the very same level of the &#! Founders who think the sun shines out of their backside.

You realise not all Founders "flaunt their gear" at you. Most Founders are pretty nice people. The same way that most normal players are nice apart the ones who like to be $&*^s.

Have your little temper tantrum of hatred somewhere else.