The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

People. Please.

I am pretty sure you know DE have a lot of things in the pipe right now. There is much coming up and the Umbra Frames are progressing ever closer, I am sure. This tinfoil hat-wearing approach to how there is some conspiracy to why they are being held back is completely ludicrous though. As for their explanation, if you have had any experience in DE's storytelling, you would know they keep their cards pretty close to their chest until the big reveal.

This is nothing new.

Have some patience, keep your civility and continue in constructive discussion. Dev Bashing, wild business speculation and disrespectful comments are not going to get you any information any faster and lowers the quality of the discussion.

If you can't keep it civil, I'm locking the the thread.

Game on.

I honestly couldn't give less of a crap about the story and wish they would just let him loose already.

People. Please.

1. I am pretty sure you know DE have a lot of things in the pipe right now.

2. There is much coming up and the Umbra Frames are progressing ever closer, I am sure.

3. This tinfoil hat-wearing approach to how there is some conspiracy to why they are being held back is completely ludicrous though.

4. As for their explanation, if you have had any experience in DE's storytelling, you would know they keep their cards pretty close to their chest until the big reveal.

5. If you can't keep it civil, I'm locking the the thread.

1. No, I don't know that because they haven't said that.

2. Source?

3. Leave something in the dark long enough, all manner of theories pop up.

4. ???

5. So you will shut the Umbra thread down, because people are getting understandably annoyed after going seven months without a scrap of concrete news. Bit totalitarian.

The problem here is that DE does. As much as we all want to see him in our inventory, we are going to have to wait for the right time.

So the customers have to follow the developers wants? Makes sense. 

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

-snip-

I'm really unsure what to say about this, if I'm honest, I can how this topic is derailing quite quickly and it needs lowering down a bit, whuold by personal feelings: Whuold locking the topic really solve anything?

I can fully respect that a topic being uncivil is bad and such, but most people here are smipely saying their share of their own feelings, with freedom of speech. I won't go into the hole thing, but what I ask from you bones is: What is your thoughts about this Umbra?,

Cuz alot of people won't be happy to see that this topic gets locked, and their voices go unheard, and in result it will make the matter worse, but yeah people keep it Civil eh? 

If we don't keep it Civil, Bones will turn this topic, into Sliver!, and there is no espaceing the deadly Sliver Bullet Bone!

(Bad Puns, Don't hate me X3)

Edited by LegionCynex

-snip-

1. Then I suggest watching the DevStreams. Also they have announced they are working on a lot more quests along the same lines of The Second Dream.

2. What part of that comment are you looking to source? Faith in the developer or that Umbra is being released? Both are pretty self explanatory. if you are looking for a date, then you are going to be sorely disappointed.

3. Does not mean that gives people the right to Dev Bash or make wild, defamatory claims in a non-constructive manner.

4. Quite.

5. No, I will shut down the thread if people cannot post their concerns and questions without following the rules and community guidelines on the forum.

I am all about discussing the origins of the Umbra Frames, and I too am anxious to see them in my inventory, but if I need to explain why this should be done in a fashion that does not insult other players opinions or the work of the Developers, then there are bigger issues in hand.

As for my feelings on the Umbra Frames?

I hope they are some kind of Expansion on the Stalker lore. Tenno who have rebelled against the truth (as discovered in The Second Dream) and devoted themselves to a different set of warrior codes. That's just my thoughts and hopes.

1. Then I suggest watching the DevStreams. Also they have announced they are working on a lot more quests along the same lines of The Second Dream.

2. What part of that comment are you looking to source? Faith in the developer or that Umbra is being released? Both are pretty self explanatory. if you are looking for a date, then you are going to be sorely disappointed.

3. Does not mean that gives people the right to Dev Bash or make wild, defamatory claims in a non-constructive manner.

4. Quite.

5. No, I will shut down the thread if people cannot post their concerns and questions without following the rules and community guidelines on the forum.

I am all about discussing the origins of the Umbra Frames, and I too am anxious to see them in my inventory, but if I need to explain why this should be done in a fashion that does not insult other players opinions or the work of the Developers, then there are bigger issues in hand.

I hope they are some kind of Expansion on the Stalker lore. Tenno who have rebelled against the truth (as discovered in The Second Dream) and devoted themselves to a different set of warrior codes. That's just my thoughts and hopes.

Can I put my tinfoil hat back on now?

Sure. Just make sure what ever alien brain beams you deflect are done in a a way that honors Clem.

Sure. Just make sure what ever alien brain beams you deflect are done in a a way that honors Clem.

*puts tinfoil hat on* FOR CLEMM!!!!!!!*charges into wall* *falls over unconscious* Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

4. Quite.

1. Still doesn't stop them from just releasing Umbra.

2. I am looking for your source that Umbra's are, as you say 'Closer than ever'.

3. I have as much right as the next human to voice my complaints.

4. My question is that what that has to do with just releasing one solid, spoiler-free page about Excalibur Umbra. Maybe even a picture of him, dare we dream?

5. I'm sure I've heard that line somewhere before in a few dictatorships...

As for the lore. I don't care. Cosmetics please. Also do Moderators sometimes get better insight on these subjects than the rest of us? As in, do you get more access to otherwise closed off information?

-SNIP-

I agree, with Red here, However Bones I think your missing the hole point, they have been leaving their players in the Dark for a VERY long time 8 months so far? (I think I might be wrong). They have gave us no Solid Info, at all besides with all due respect "Excuses or Statements"

I'm really not wanting this topic to fall into line of "I have right human speech", but he is right, however I whuold like to see some shed of light on this topic, and not just by a Mod, wanting to lock it by it being uncivil, as we both kown, A new one will be made.

I do like some Lore to be for Umbra, but its one Frame, I hate to sound such a Snob, like I kown everything is it is to video games, but myself and Im sure others can think of a Lore, and then past it. Job is done. 

1. Still doesn't stop them from just releasing Umbra.

2. I am looking for your source that Umbra's are, as you say 'Closer than ever'.

3. I have as much right as the next human to voice my complaints.

4. My question is that what that has to do with just releasing one solid, spoiler-free page about Excalibur Umbra. Maybe even a picture of him, dare we dream?

5. I'm sure I've heard that line somewhere before in a few dictatorships...

As for the lore. I don't care. Cosmetics please.

You are free to state whatever you want. You are a consumer and you may exercise your right to consume or not to your desires.

But, much like a library who asks people to not talk loudly in their building, it is not impeding on anyone's civil right to remove someone screaming profanity or making unfounded claims about the library's owners ability or loyalties to the customer. That is simply an owner of the premise showing the disruptive person the door so other people can enjoy reading in peace.

In this case, if the person had approached the complaints counter and left their complaint in a normal, adult manner, then it is more likely to be addressed, don't you think?

Not the greatest analogy, sure, but I think it makes my point.

-snip-

8 Months is a long time, for sure. However there have been many shifting priorities in development, as demonstrated with the Focus System and the Second Dream quest-lines. Personally, I would prefer to see all the rest of the advancements we have had in those last 8 months than just a new frame.

Not all of you may like it, that's your prerogative. In the end, the Devs have to decide where they focus their manpower and development and since they have decided to attach the Umbra's to a quest and their story, we need to wait for that part to be released.

It seems that decision has already been made, you may care about story or not, but voicing your opinion does not immediately mean that you get to do it in a way that insults the developers or other players. I am not saying everyone in this thread has been doing so, but there is a trend in posting that had gone from discussion and feedback to accusation and insults.

That part is not acceptable.

You would be ok with waiting over half a year for a skin? For a frame we already have like 5 different skins for? Not I.

The whole point of the posts in this thread is that we have been waiting for more than half a year for a skin that's fully functional and that we are pissed about it.

What is Excalibur Umbra if not a reskin with altered stats and polarities. If you think this isn't the case then you're kidding yourselves. DE would've shown it by now if they plan on changing Excalibur Umbra's abilities since they love showing progress on their animations.

If it's just a skin, then that's not actually rock bottom.

The system could mean requiring daily upkeep, ala Kubrows.  Or per-mission costs to use the frame.  Or limitations of a dozen other kinds (can't pickup drops, for instance).

I think this might some of the worst ideas I've ever seen on these forums that wasn't said in a joking sense.  I'm glad you aren't responsible for how to make Umbra-type frames different.

Edited by CaliburxZero

Some of us, are not mad at DE "making it special" as you say. Rather we're more irritated at the fact that we are being kept totally out of the loop. You are correct; it certainly is not a crime to put time and effort into a product. But keeping the customers in the dark about your plans gets a little annoying over time.

If DE just simply came forward and told everybody what is happening and what they are planning, we'd be more inclined to not go off the deep end.

They already told us several times what is happening and they already said they are coming up with ways to go about umbras. DE is also not required to tell you anything about their development plans. Do they tell us every detail about what they are making? No.

If that's the only thing you were expecting then aside from the "mission/way to obtain" Excalibur Umbra is practically done 7 months ago. The minor passive could be thought of in a single brainstorming session. Heck I've already seen plenty of awesome ideas from threads and youtube videos regarding Umbra in the internet.

Did you miss my statement when i said not everyone at DE sees eye-to-eye on ideas and plans or are you ignoring it to attempt to make a valid point?

Just because you saw some concepts/ideas that sound cool or some youtube videos, doesn't mean DE or everyone at DE will like the idea. They do have to talk things out and decide whether something is acceptable or not. Remember the devstream when Scott thought of boosting Rhino Charge's damage via melee mods and Steve wasn't too fond of that idea? That is an example of the devs needing to deliberate and there are many more.

So with all of that behind us I've got to ask what exactly is taking them so long and why are they dodging Umbra questions like a professional boxer dodges punches. If they really are brainstorming they could've easily given us concepts of what they've been able to think of in the last dev stream. A lot of people asked for info about Umbra in that. Instead we got nothing out of them.

They haven't dodged questions. There was a thread about them, several questions asked on devstreams, questions asked on twitter, and etc. Are you seriously going to ignore all of that? Really? Asking them the same questions over and over or asking questions when they haven't came up with enough info doesn't help the situation. 

You are free to state whatever you want. You are a consumer and you may exercise your right to consume or not to your desires.

But, much like a library who asks people to not talk loudly in their building, it is not impeding on anyone's civil right to remove someone screaming profanity or making unfounded claims about the library's owners ability or loyalties to the customer. That is simply an owner of the premise showing the disruptive person the door so other people can enjoy reading in peace.

In this case, if the person had approached the complaints counter and left their complaint in a normal, adult manner, then it is more likely to be addressed, don't you think?

Not the greatest analogy, sure, but I think it makes my point.

There comes a time SilverBones, when being polite just does not get results. I'm not saying you do not have a good point, because you do. Believe or not I started by giving DE the benefit of the doubt, nearly two months after the 30 day exclusivity period that Chinaframe has, expired. But as time went on, my trust waned. I'm sorry if I appear to be a noisy, unwanted customer, but waiting patiently seven months with fleeting promises tends to grate on you a little bit.

Now, what about my previous questions:

1. How does DE choosing to be keeping busy stop them from just releasing EU?

2. Do you truly have a source or are you just speculating like the rest of us?

3. If DE wants to keep lore secrets close to their chest, fair enough. But how does that stop them from releasing just one FAQ page (Which we were promised by DERebecca, as shown on my previous post in the last page), that details how he looks, what his stats are, and a final confirmation that we are indeed getting Umbra soon (As in two months), which would be very much appreciated by probably everyone on this thread. It would most likely save us all an extra few weeks of wild speculation and uncertainty.

But how does that stop them from releasing just one FAQ page (Which we were promised by DERebecca, as shown on my previous post in the last page), that details how he looks, what his stats are, and a final confirmation that we are indeed getting Umbra soon (As in two months), which would be very much appreciated by probably everyone on this thread. It would most likely save us all an extra few weeks of wild speculation and uncertainty.

What makes you think any of those things are finalized yet?  Stats, looks, time until release, any of them?

-snip-

1. Because the quest they want to tie the Umbra Frames to probably takes a whole bunch of development resources. They want it to be good, I am sure. With all the new MoCap equipment and the new revenue, why would they not want it to look stunning? Truthfully, i am happy to wait for it if the Umbra frames are a reward for another amazing quest line with excellent storytelling.

2. Nothing more than what DE have stated about their intentions. No dates, no exacts. you and I are in the same boat. I just happen to have more faith in their nature, it seems.

3. Now this part I can state pretty well (having seen development of frames in person); DE when it tests releases, they balance their content up until just days before the final release. Imagine if the Umbra was released to the China Server as an exclusive with base 'placeholder' stats or visual tweaks. Remember when Wukong came out? I could swear the images for the frame before western release looks lower in resolution. To release this information would be premature I feel unless it had been fully vetted by the western QA team.

You tie that into a quest and perhaps you want to alter it some more? Who knows. I could think of a thousand reasons to not release stats or finalized renders without release being closer to actual production.

1. Because the quest they want to tie the Umbra Frames to probably takes a whole bunch of development resources. They want it to be good, I am sure. With all the new MoCap equipment and the new revenue, why would they not want it to look stunning? Truthfully, i am happy to wait for it if the Umbra frames are a reward for another amazing quest line with excellent storytelling.

2. Nothing more than what DE have stated about their intentions. No dates, no exacts. you and I are in the same boat. I just happen to have more faith in their nature, it seems.

3. Now this part I can state pretty well (having seen development of frames in person); DE when it tests releases, they balance their content up until just days before the final release. Imagine if the Umbra was released to the China Server as an exclusive with base 'placeholder' stats or visual tweaks. Remember when Wukong came out? I could swear the images for the frame before western release looks lower in resolution. To release this information would be premature I feel unless it had been fully vetted by the western QA team.

You tie that into a quest and perhaps you want to alter it some more? Who knows. I could think of a thousand reasons to not release stats or finalized renders without release being closer to actual production.

The thread was started under the concept of pooling known info and possible resources for logical discussion and possibilities of lore, features 

Ive stated numerous times its all speculation and discussion on it until further info is released 

any new info found would be posted with such then placed into the OP 

till then .... it will be uncovered in time 

-snip-

After seven months they haven't managed to get the resolution to an acceptable standard? Apologies but my trust is lost there.

You have good points otherwise though. Still doesn't stop me from being annoyed, but you offer valid insight. If he is going to be involved in a quest, it better be pretty damn impressive, maybe even more impressive than the SD, for all the grief and toxic it has caused.