The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

very logical

but at same time that would then lead to umbra bieng a frame onto itself, it should have powers that

i dont know, standout and make it fun / viable / and useful in game

A frame onto itself would make pointless him being Excalibur and the issue for those who want to use an upgraded poster boy would remain.

Sure, visually it would still be Excalibur, but if played differently it would disappoint many, and for a reason!

The community deserves a premium Excalibur version available to everyone, nothing more and nothing less.

A frame onto itself would make pointless him being Excalibur and the issue for those who want to use an upgraded poster boy would remain.

Sure, visually it would still be Excalibur, but if played differently it would disappoint many, and for a reason!

The community deserves a premium Excalibur version available to everyone, nothing more and nothing less.

very sound argument with the best intentions of the majority  

151914-citizen-kane-slow-clap-gif-Img-SV

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

PLOT TWIST:

The "quest" to get Excal Umbra is: Lotus finds a way for the Tenno to regain transference over the stalker. (maybe we succeed, maybe we fail.) Our reward is, more or less, Shadow Stalker. (Who more or less looks 96% similar to Chinese Umbra Excal Prime, minus the "Chinese-influenced bits" and gold metal coloring).

Gives us more lore as to what a "warframe" is, explaining how they act on their own.

PLOT TWIST:

The "quest" to get Excal Umbra is: Lotus finds a way for the Tenno to regain transference over the stalker. (maybe we succeed, maybe we fail.) Our reward is, more or less, Shadow Stalker. (Who more or less looks 96% similar to Chinese Umbra Excal Prime, minus the "Chinese-influenced bits" and gold metal coloring).

Gives us more lore as to what a "warframe" is, explaining how they act on their own.

now that ...

seems viable ...

possibly cure the madness of the stalker and its tenno ..but then who is the new, rival /senpai D: 

now that ...

seems viable ...

possibly cure the madness of the stalker and its tenno ..but then who is the new, rival /senpai D:

Stalker's Apprentice takes over after he is stopped/restored/whatever like in all those tv shows where serial killers are caught and put away but someone copies them

now that ...

seems viable ...

I appreciate the kind words!

If the quests allows us to succeed, then we solve a problem I've always wondered - why do we have a random "warframe" running around assassinating us?

If the quest makes us fail - well we still have our rival/senpai, who now hates us more for controlling umbra (or what "he" was.)

Edited by (PS4)Shade0217

Mmmm. At this point, I'm much more onboard with the idea of "Save the Stalker from her* own madness and resentment" than I am with "Find and kill the Operator in her* sleep."

*Stalker is an angry little girl with pigtails.

dun dun dunnn 

Stalker's Apprentice takes over after he is stopped/restored/whatever like in all those tv shows where serial killers are caught and put away but someone copies them

who/what is the apprentice

True. Also, love the gif.

as do I ..

Well, this topic had one hell of a turn around!, from being super angry and upset to bright ideas and everyone laughing at each other..

What happened, did everyone die, then come back as angels?

Edit: Still mad tho, about no news, but lets..NOT go over the top......Agien

lets just say it was arguments based on frustration and leave it at that shall we

Well, this topic had one hell of a turn around!, from being super angry and upset to bright ideas and everyone laughing at each other..

What happened, did everyone die, then come back as angels?

Edit: Still mad tho, about no news, but lets..NOT go over the top......Agien

I'd call it, a purge of sorts. But anyway, if Excalibur Umbra was lore related, (Which I still don't believe) what would you think the quest would involve? Definitely the Stalker, one way or another he is going to be in it.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

I'd call it, a purge of sorts. But anyway, if Excalibur Umbra was lore related, (Which I still don't believe) what would you think the quest would involve? Definitely the Stalker, one way or another he is going to be in it.

Maybe... Stalker redeeming himself?

He opens a shop and sells them for.... credits? Ductas? Rep?

You dual him. Maybe in the void. He trains you specifically on how to counter the sentient, and drops Nikana/kunai prime accordingly.

(Figured I'd tie in the light/anti-light theme that was so popular at the beginning of this thread.)

Part of the quest could be that, in addition of regaining transference, you have to sever his ties to Hunhow, much like Lotus severing our ties to the Orokin. That would also shed light into his knowledge of countering the sentient (see: counter-terrorism)

All just theory of course, but we have the makings of a pretty epic fan fiction if nothing else. Lotus decides to take the fight to Hunhow, much like he did to Lotus in the Second Dream. Lotus decides the best method would be to free/regain transference over the stalker, as he is closest link to Hunhow. In doing so, we then have to destroy his ties to Hunhow. His time in the darkness actually serves to supply us with new skills/focus/preparation for potential new sentient war...

Edited by (PS4)Shade0217

You dual him. Maybe in the void He trains you specifically on how to counter the sentient, and drops Nikana/kunai prime accordingly.

(Figured I'd tie in the light/anti-light theme that was so popular at the beginning of this thread.)

Part of the quest could be that, in addition of regaining transference, you have to sever his ties to Hunhow, much like Lotus severing our ties to the Orokin. That would also shed light into his knowledge of countering the sentient (see: counter-terrorism)

All just theory of course, but we have the makings of a pretty epic fan fiction if nothing else. Lotus decides to take the fight to Hunhow, much like he did to Lotus in the Second Dream. Lotus decides the best method would be to free/regain transference over the stalker, as he is closest link to Hunhow. In doing so, we then have to destroy his ties to Hunhow. His time in the darkness actually serves to supply us with new skills/focus/preparation for potential new sentient war...

I like that +1

Stalker giving a tut on sentients would be awesome :v

You dual him. Maybe in the void. He trains you specifically on how to counter the sentient, and drops Nikana/kunai prime accordingly.

interesting, this could be cool , and maybe instead of void it be in relays, open up more areas in the relay , and have stalker "dojo"

Note that if you fully scan the stalker you get a story about tennos murderous rampage and the stalker watched it all happen. I feel what ever he is he isn't a tenno, he talks about them during the conflict like he wasn't one of them. I think umbra could be a great opening to get teshin more screen time and figure out what regar meant by calling him pseudo-tenno (or something of the sorts like that)

But what ever happens i think it has to envalve the stalkers. maybe some dialog of the day he talks about in his codex entry would be super neat.

Also ive been following this thread for days and was surprised the mods didnt lock it XD