The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

founders will always have a issue with us getting something similar to them

i dont think we will ever see Excalibur prime return and that should keep them happy, that is what the agreement DE had on it i believe

truthfully its more the logic you have a item/frame no one can EVER have , that makes you apart of this games history and development.

umbra excal prime was similar as its china frames founder pack if memory serves

This is not true and not fair either.

I'm sorry if you experienced bad behaviours from some of us, but please do not refer to founders as if we're all the same.

As usual, only the loudest are taken into consideration, but the majority of us have no interest in showing off or being a**holes to non founders.

We have supported DE when the game was in an early and delicate moment, sure, but we were not alone and we already got our payback.

Actually, I'm one of those who would have preferred a limited exclusive only, not a permanent one.

For this reason, I can't wait for Umbra to come and I hope it will be considered same as Excalibur Prime, because every non founder would deserve that.

So please, again, remember that many of us are ashamed of this eternal war between founders and not founders and would just prefer everyone to be equal and happy.

Edited by siralextraffo

This is not true and not fair either.

I'm sorry if you experienced bad behaviours from some of us, but please do not refer to founders as if we're all the same.

As usual, only the loudest are taken into consideration, but the majority of us have no interest in showing off or being a**holes to non founders.

We have supported DE when the game was in an early and delicate moment, sure, but we were not alone and we already got our payback.

Actually, I'm one of those who would have preferred a limited exclusive only, not a permanent one.

For this reason, I can't wait for Umbra to come and I hope it will be considered same as Excalibur Prime, because every non founder would deserve that.

So please, again, remember that many of us are ashamed of this eternal war between founders and not founders and would just prefer everyone to be equal and happy.

id have to say since it was revealed, 90% of the founders i saw posting.... had lots of salt on the subject, some were very minor while other had ..well a lot of gas and fire to throw.

but those on forums could have very well been the minority, just a loud one ...... 

as i said the umbra might be the key to solving this tug o war

the founders were the light and the normal players get the shadow 

i do agree that as founders, its rational you have exclusivity you were promised

i did not mean to lump everyone together and im sorry if it was taken that way, its more directed at those who were so...salty not those who were passive or positive

From what it seems, just on Umbras look

He could be a attempt to make a stronger warframe using a new material.

Possibly sentient or a higher concentration of technocyte. On top of that Uses Older or more unstable Operators to control them.

If Primes are Super-Prototypes/Original Versions of the Warframes then Umbra are the Prototype-Upgrade.

-snip-

Well, thats very noble of you, and I whuold wish the same, if I had gotten the Prime Excal, I whuold of wanted to give others a chance, However its just hard fact and truth that 90% of ALL founders are like it.

Even some famous you-tubers, who I won't bring up due to name/shaming. but sadly its just hard fact.

However I still wait for Umbra for today as a Xmas gift, or early next year Jan-Feb, no later!

Edited by LegionCynex

Well, thats very noble of you, and I whuold wish the same, if I had gotten the Prime Excal, I whuold of wanted to give others a chance, However its just hard fact and truth that 90% of ALL founders are like it.

Even some famous you-tubers, who I won't bring up due to name/shaming. but sadly its just hard fact.

However I still wait for Umbra for today as a Xmas gift, or early next year Jan-Feb, no later!

Not all Founders are bad, but there are a lot of A-hole Founders out there. I believe a group of Founders recently got together, took pictures of their Excal Primes and posted on the forums. This was only a month ago, it was basically a "Founders are special" thread. Unsurprisingly, it got taken down pretty quickly.

The amount of responses on it were hilarious though. A lot of people said he had nothing on Excal Umbra and the OP just couldn't handle it. It was pretty fun to watch him try and convince everyone that Umbra wouldn't come.

I honestly hope DE don't delay Umbra any longer than January next year. They can only use the "We need to think of lore" excuse so many times. It's been six months since Umbra was discovered, so quite frankly I just think they've gotten themselves in a big mess with this and are just trying to cover it up.

Here's hoping it's an Xmas surprise for all of us.

Not all Founders are bad, but there are a lot of A-hole Founders out there. I believe a group of Founders recently got together, took pictures of their Excal Primes and posted on the forums. This was only a month ago, it was basically a "Founders are special" thread. Unsurprisingly, it got taken down pretty quickly.

The amount of responses on it were hilarious though. A lot of people said he had nothing on Excal Umbra and the OP just couldn't handle it. It was pretty fun to watch him try and convince everyone that Umbra wouldn't come.

I honestly hope DE don't delay Umbra any longer than January next year. They can only use the "We need to think of lore" excuse so many times. It's been six months since Umbra was discovered, so quite frankly I just think they've gotten themselves in a big mess with this and are just trying to cover it up.

Here's hoping it's an Xmas surprise for all of us.

I feel you, and I don't mean to bash on the ones that are really kind and helpful, even today a founder helped me taxi a mission, due to was too lazy to do the star nodes. I'm just saying if I had a Founder ID and was a Com, and even a Guide Of The Louts, I whuold do it in a heart-beat. I'll have it as my Job even if I was able to get Payed via DE or my fans, and I'll spend most of my time, helping players and such, etc. Of carouse having my own time too. But I guess I can only Dream.

But as so, I guess I'm unable to, however like I said its 90% of them, telling by that topic once before, and I kinder wish I saw it before, do you have the link to it, or was it removed fully?, like not just "Locked".

As for Umbra, excaly this "We need to think of lore" is a sad and poor excuse, and its just smile fact, that its a troll way of saying: NO. However I am hopeing that we get it as early as Feb-Jan. Or even a Xmas Gift, as I whuold buy it within a heart-beat. And so much people will, I can't not see the logic not to do this. Think about it.

Xmas Gift: Umbra Excal + Everyone Wants it + Everyone buys Plat, to buy it = DE Gets a Ton of money = DE Xmas Gift

If I was running DE, or I was a number I whuold show them this, and say: Its Logic, not rocket abstinence 

Edited by LegionCynex

I feel you, and I don't mean to bash on the ones that are really kind and helpful, even today a founder helped me taxi a mission, due to was too lazy to do the star nodes. I'm just saying if I had a Founder ID and was a Com, and even a Guide Of The Louts, I whuold do it in a heart-beat. I'll have it as my Job even if I was able to get Payed via DE or my fans, and I'll spend most of my time, helping players and such, etc. Of carouse having my own time too. But I guess I can only Dream.

But as so, I guess I'm unable to, however like I said its 90% of them, telling by that topic once before, and I kinder wish I saw it before, do you have the link to it, or was it removed fully?, like not just "Locked".

As for Umbra, excaly this "We need to think of lore" is a sad and poor excuse, and its just smile fact, that its a troll way of saying: NO. However I am hopeing that we get it as early as Feb-Jan. Or even a Xmas Gift, as I whuold buy it within a heart-beat. And so much people will, I can't not see the logic not to do this. Think about it.

Xmas Gift: Umbra Excal + Everyone Wants it + Everyone buys Plat, to buy it = DE Gets a Ton of money = DE Xmas Gift

If I was running DE, or I was a number I whuold show them this, and say: Its Logic, not rocket abstinence

Unfortunately DE removed the thread completely, so I cannot show you. It was a very funny thread though.

As for DE making money out of Umbra, they could definitely pocket a lot of coins with that one. But I feel like they're trying to sort out this mess they've gotten into. I'm sure they've recognised the amount of income they could get from releasing Excalibur Umbra as a PA over here, but they've clearly got something going on that stops them from doing it. There's no other reason why they'd delay him this long, because it really doesn't take this long to think of lore for a single Warframe.

DEDanielle said in September that Umbra was "months away". Let's not forget that long forgotten post by DERebecca saying that there would be an FAQ thread detailing all of the information about Umbra. She said that in August and still no Umbra FAQ thread.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Unfortunately DE removed the thread completely, so I cannot show you. It was a very funny thread though.

As for DE making money out of Umbra, they could definitely pocket a lot of coins with that one. But I feel like they're trying to sort out this mess they've gotten into. I'm sure they've recognised the amount of income they could get from releasing Excalibur Umbra as a PA over here, but they've clearly got something going on that stops them from doing it. There's no other reason why they'd delay him this long, because it really doesn't take this long to think of lore for a single Warframe.

DEDanielle said in September that Umbra was "months away". Let's not forget that long forgotten post by DERebecca saying that there would be an FAQ thread detailing all of the information about Umbra. She said that in August and still no Umbra FAQ thread.

Thats a shame it was removed fully, but oh well whuold of been a fun read.

As for the DE making cash, excaly its just logic to do it, however I'm telling you, there is NO EXCUSE, none, its simple their excuse is bad, and they are delaying it. There is not even a new Q&A.

So, what gives?

I also don't really care about the founder exclusivity, I became a grandmaster cuz the stuff offered was cool and i felt this game had potential. Im still here 3 years later *shrug*. I honestly wouldn't care one bit if Excalibro Prime coming back, its not like that will somehow delete or negate mine?!?

I don't play this game to show off, I play it cuz I like it, and the only person I'm trying to impress by looking cool is myself lol... THATS WHY I WANT THAT DAMN UMBRA SCARF!!! XD

I also don't really care about the founder exclusivity, I became a grandmaster cuz the stuff offered was cool and i felt this game had potential. Im still here 3 years later *shrug*. I honestly wouldn't care one bit if Excalibro Prime coming back, its not like that will somehow delete or negate mine?!?

I don't play this game to show off, I play it cuz I like it, and the only person I'm trying to impress by looking cool is myself lol... THATS WHY I WANT THAT DAMN UMBRA SCARF!!! XD

Yes, that damm Scarf!, also the new Loki armor, that came out will look wonderful on Excal Umbra!

Well, while I can't deny there are a lot of A-hole founders, 90% is a way overstimaded number; I mean, I feel like A-hole are sadly everywhere in the community, but still they're just a minority, on each side.

Being convinced that a specific category of players is mostly made of a-hole won't really make things better.

As an example, I don't know if you were here 3 years ago, but I had to put my Excalibur Prime in the dust and use the normal Excalibur for over a year because of how much I was getting insulted, trolled and despised by non founders.

And I can assure you that I was almost about to quit Warframe just because I couldn't really handle it anymore, I became scared to bring Excalibur Prime in random missions.

Back then there was no difference in stats between Excalibur and Excalibur Prime, so it was not big deal using one or the other gameplay-wise, but still if you think about it you'll realize how insane was to be forced to hide the "founder" status in order to enjoy the game.

Does it mean that 90% of the non founders were a**holes? Nope and I never thought it, even back then.

Whatever the % is, just do your best to not be in there and eveyrhting will be fine, the more equal we are the better!

Well, while I can't deny there are a lot of A-hole founders, 90% is a way overstimaded number; I mean, I feel like A-hole are sadly everywhere in the community, but still they're just a minority, on each side.

Being convinced that a specific category of players is mostly made of a-hole won't really make things better.

As an example, I don't know if you were here 3 years ago, but I had to put my Excalibur Prime in the dust and use the normal Excalibur for over a year because of how much I was getting insulted, trolled and despised by non founders.

And I can assure you that I was almost about to quit Warframe just because I couldn't really handle it anymore, I became scared to bring Excalibur Prime in random missions.

Back then there was no difference in stats between Excalibur and Excalibur Prime, so it was not big deal using one or the other gameplay-wise, but still if you think about it you'll realize how insane was to be forced to hide the "founder" status in order to enjoy the game.

Does it mean that 90% of the non founders were a**holes? Nope and I never thought it, even back then.

Whatever the % is, just do your best to not be in there and eveyrhting will be fine, the more equal we are the better!

Wow, that's rough. Lemme know if you're ever short a player, my brother and I are mostly free for group play. Nobody, founder/closedbeta vet/openbeta vet/newbie, deserves to be treated to unwarranted hate.

Wow, that's rough. Lemme know if you're ever short a player, my brother and I are mostly free for group play. Nobody, founder/closedbeta vet/openbeta vet/newbie, deserves to be treated to unwarranted hate.

That was almost 3 years ago, things have changed a lot by then, especially when the Founders program ended and we turned from hated users with underserved cash to semi legendary ones.

It's funny because now all I get when I run a mission with Excalibur Prime is "OMG Excalibur Prime", "Wow you're so cool", "Notice me senpai" and stuff like that; makes me smile if I think about old days and what I was getting...

Anyway, Excalibur Umbra is welcome, can't wait for him to be here and I'm happy especially for console players, they deserve him more than anyone else!

Edited by siralextraffo

-snip-

Ouch, I'm shocked that happened, but I'm not srupised considering that alot of them treat themselves as special snowflakes, but shame you had such and feel bad for you, but I do have to admit I'm dying to get Excal Umbra, as hes just needed.

Tho I did think of a idea, that if we do get Umbra, that both Prime Excal and Umbra share the same sats and such, so its "fair?", so I guess in some way Umbra is our little "Founder" Warframe, tho I really care about the Grand Master logo and such, then anything else. Tho the MR points be nice.. 

Excaly, tho like I said above, if they act like special snowflakes, then yes they do.

Ouch, I'm shocked that happened, but I'm not srupised considering that alot of them treat themselves as special snowflakes, but shame you had such and feel bad for you, but I do have to admit I'm dying to get Excal Umbra, as hes just needed.

Tho I did think of a idea, that if we do get Umbra, that both Prime Excal and Umbra share the same sats and such, so its "fair?", so I guess in some way Umbra is our little "Founder" Warframe, tho I really care about the Grand Master logo and such, then anything else. Tho the MR points be nice.. 

Excaly, tho like I said above, if they act like special snowflakes, then yes they do.

You know it takes both hands to clap, if you see a founder acting high and mighty just ignore him. Conversely, I learnt to ignore people who bashed me cause of my MR or founder status back in the day.

No commotion means no attention, no attention means eventually they lose purpose in their flaunting.

Also, I'd reword the part about Umbra being related to anything sensitive. Lest you incite a debate in this thread and get it locked.

I'm pretty sure those last caps aren't in pc. Source pls >:c

they were from second dream in xbox , i can verify as i completed it last night those are in fact what hunhow said in game

The mind set..

well we all know that the "umbra excalibur" is itself a warframe , and many have made links and connections to the stalker. having the stalker be a operator may lead to some new insights on umbraw

IE for example stalker could be able to transform into umbra , or that if he leads to a "new" boss that when defeated drops "umbra frame parts"