The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

16 hours ago, Demoonic said:

Probably because they have nothing to say, though I am getting a bit impatient tbh ;-;

i really am starting to believe DE has ADHD

they seem to get derailed onto other projects easy..... , granted i do enjoy the new stuff a lot, but its just sad that the umbras are collecting dust on a shelf 

On 3/11/2016 at 1:30 PM, Plushy said:

I can't believe this thread is still running. 

not sure why, there will be multiple umbra warframes, and umbra excal is something the community has been waiting for..... makes sense the mega thread still is going

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i really am starting to believe DE has ADHD

they seem to get derailed onto other projects easy..... , granted i do enjoy the new stuff a lot, but its just sad that the umbras are collecting dust on a shelf 

not sure why, there will be multiple umbra warframes, and umbra excal is something the community has been waiting for..... makes sense the mega thread still is going

I don't think they necessarily forget, I think what happens is they have other projects that they're currently working on that take priority. 

1 hour ago, Demoonic said:

I don't think they necessarily forget, I think what happens is they have other projects that they're currently working on that take priority. 

not saying they forgot, but it should also be noted that some of those projects started developing after the umbra Excalibur primes release in china, i think it was released 9ish months ago, with a 30 day exclusivity for china which is well after expiration.

thus the big question "were is umbra" started popping up. 

juliemandelbaumberg

4 hours ago, XaxalShiba said:

Would be nice if we got Umbra soon?

Yeah it would be nice lol. I've been waiting so long for him ;-;

I really hope that estimation given by steve is accurate and we only have to wait around another month 

I don't really care if they release umbra even though its just Chinese prime excal.

Honestly i'd be fine with re-releasing excal if they compensated founders in some way for the loss of its exclusivity. 

But that horrible, I want to watch the world burn side of me, secretly hopes they just make excal umbra into a prime excal skin.

Hi,

I mostly invest catalyst/forma only in my prime frames. Excalibur prime being unavailable I still didn't spend time on my "normal" Excalibur. I read about the Umbra Excalibur and I'm wondering what is the status since it is out in China am I right?

How different is that frame, can we consider it as an upgrade to normal Excalibur? If so then I'll wait for it to hit the EU/US version, and I'll invest Formas and Reactor in that Warframe. Any news on this?

Thanks,
H0PE

6 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

It seems U19 will be the release point for Umbras. Maybe U19.5/20 if we are really unlucky.

I've been thinking, Operator... I guess You'd like to know due to Umbras being released "as something special" it's most likely going to be released on all platforms at the same time (like prime frames), thus not gonna be tied to any specific update (unless it was sent to certification before being released on PC only to release it cross-platform less likely because of pc testers and bug fixes required and stuff. Anyways it still an option)

Edit: I've been reading the translation of LeYou's (ex ChangYou) post on the matter, and it leads me to believe that this might become a second excal prime issue, turning excal umbra into a paid exclusive (maybe permanently available) but not obtainable in-game, requiring another umbra frame to be released along the "Umbra system" which might another reason to delay it.

Finally, I'd like to know, if Umbra Excalibur got "Pre-released" (let's say tomorrow) with a timed exclusivity period and price tag on about $50 or $60 USD including his exclusive profile icons and maybe the scarf syandana (yomo prime?) How many players would insta-buy it? (Count me between those saying "I'd do")

Edited by -----LegioN-----

7 hours ago, Nariala said:

I don't really care if they release umbra even though its just Chinese prime excal.

Honestly i'd be fine with re-releasing excal if they compensated founders in some way for the loss of its exclusivity. 

But that horrible, I want to watch the world burn side of me, secretly hopes they just make excal umbra into a prime excal skin.

Considering how stupidly overly-delayed Umbra has gotten, and considering he's already a frame, I can't see that happening. Also, Umbra has better stats than prime, so making him an Excalibur Prime skin and releasing Excalibur Prime to the public would technically be nerfing him. You guys can keep ol' key-face. I honestly think Umbra's a better design with more effort put into it and Umbra isn't just a reskin with a different helmet like Excalibur Prime. I'm not mad Umbra's not released yet. I'm moreso frustrated with the fact that DE has said nothing about the topic for over a month and still continues to shell out full frames like Inaros with full quest and everything while Umbra sits on a shelf collecting dust because he's been ready for months now and it comes down to straight-up ignorance at this point. It's the lack of communication that really bothers me and it makes me feel like there's corporate meddling going on and maybe Changyou has a discrepancy regarding his release and they don't want to share it publically because they'd make their new owners look like greedy buttholes. This is all presumptuous theorizing though. Hopefully they'll break their silence with next Devstream. If not I really don't care. It's just more of the same ol' BS.

2 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I've been thinking, Operator... I guess You'd like to know due to Umbras being released "as something special" it's most likely going to be released on all platforms at the same time (like prime frames), thus not gonna be tied to any specific update (unless it was sent to certification before being released on PC only to release it cross-platform less likely because of pc testers and bug fixes required and stuff. Anyways it still an option)

Edit: I've been reading the translation of LeYou's (ex ChangYou) post on the matter, and it leads me to believe that this might become a second excal prime issue, turning excal umbra into a paid exclusive (maybe permanently available) but not obtainable in-game, requiring another umbra frame to be released along the "Umbra system" which might another reason to delay it.

Finally, I'd like to know, if Umbra Excalibur got "Pre-released" (let's say tomorrow) with a timed exclusivity period and price tag on about $50 or $60 USD including his exclusive profile icons and maybe the scarf syandana (yomo prime?) How many players would insta-buy it? (Count me between those saying "I'd do")

Releasing it for everyone at the same time would be a good idea. I never thought tying him to a .5 or major update was a good idea since they usually focus on bigger things for those, which is why the prime access updates are sort of just thrown in there.

Also if they released umbra TODAY or something with that $60 price tag like they did with frost prime and give us just some gold scarf or something maybe armor I would buy that thing the instant I saw it, been saving up knowing that maybe one day he'd be released like that lol. (Call me a fanboy all you want)

10 hours ago, H0PE said:

Hi,

I mostly invest catalyst/forma only in my prime frames. Excalibur prime being unavailable I still didn't spend time on my "normal" Excalibur. I read about the Umbra Excalibur and I'm wondering what is the status since it is out in China am I right?

How different is that frame, can we consider it as an upgrade to normal Excalibur? If so then I'll wait for it to hit the EU/US version, and I'll invest Formas and Reactor in that Warframe. Any news on this?

Thanks,
H0PE

read the op ? the stats are all there as well as out combined knowledge on the subject 

mainly all we have to work on is the china umbra excal stats and info but thats all we can get 

more info per de in next Dev would be appreciated 

I'm not too fussed about Umbra Excalibur these days but I think DE are likely drawing it out too much, overthinking and likely overhyping it through delaying it. Heightens the chance of people being annoyed by XYZ feature when it finally drops.

We had the same issue with lore and the Tenno/Warframes. DE took too long, allowed people to speculate and when it dropped a portion were all annoyed because they went with this or that and didn't think it was worth the wait.

2 minutes ago, Naith said:

I'm not too fussed about Umbra Excalibur these days but I think DE are likely drawing it out too much, overthinking and likely overhyping it through delaying it. Heightens the chance of people being annoyed by XYZ feature when it finally drops.

We had the same issue with lore and the Tenno/Warframes. DE took too long, allowed people to speculate and when it dropped a portion were all annoyed because they went with this or that and didn't think it was worth the wait.

At this rate, DE are setting themselves up to be knocked down. They have been ducking and diving for far too long and it's only going to make expectations too high. We have seen frames come and go, the latest one with a quest of his own. That's is kind of the icing on the cake for me. You can't think of lore for Umbra, but you can give Baro Ki'Teer and Inaros some lore?