The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

28 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Not really, Excal Umbra might get better stats than Excal Prime, which would turn him into an upgrade to EP, no matter if you have it or not. Based on that logic, Excal Umbra would be another founders exclusive, which would bring a huge salt storm on the community. In the worst scenario Excal Umbra will be a paid exclusive available to all the current playerbase, and maybe permanently to avoid creating the Excal Prime issue again.

Ah, I misinterpreted what that meant. I thought you upgraded a prime frame to get an umbra. Like once you get your prime to 30 you can choose to turn it into an umbra. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

Umbra will probably get pushed to next year because of all of the new content.

Don't call it, anyways given that there has been no step forward for Umbra on the last 8 months, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no advance on the next 9 months. So the feeling of DE stalling or not even trying on Umbras might be here to stay for a while.

37 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

There's are multiple MASSIVE gaping holes in your logic but I'll just point out the biggest one.

How would being better than EP make it exclusive? Founders paid for excal prime, they didn't pay for best excal that will ever exist.

Umbra would be a founders exclusive if the only way to obtain any umbra was upgrading from the prime version (most players don't have an Excal prime to upgrade from) and that is what would bring a huge salt storm if got to happen, so if you read carefully, I doubt something like that happens. The sentence "based on that logic" refers to the logic of upgrading from prime to umbra, so my mistake was not writing "based on your logic" instead (referring to the comment i was replying) 

2 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

Umbra will probably get pushed to next year because of all of the new content.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Please don't. 

DE pls don't do this it's been 9 months don't make us wait even longer ;_;

5 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

DE pls don't do this it's been 9 months don't make us wait even longer ;_;

There was that quote from Steve on Twitter from December saying he was guessing 2 months (end of February, early March)
I understand it's almost April now, but it's completely within reason to say that was a good estimate, and we can expect news any day now... he'd only be off by one month, which isn't that huge when you're talking about planning content for a game

I think Umbra will be coming soon, but before I even heard any of that I was personally expecting China to have it for a year first.
My guess is anytime between when consoles get 18.5 and August

58 minutes ago, (PS4)blue23454 said:

There was that quote from Steve on Twitter from December saying he was guessing 2 months (end of February, early March)
I understand it's almost April now, but it's completely within reason to say that was a good estimate, and we can expect news any day now... he'd only be off by one month, which isn't that huge when you're talking about planning content for a game

I think Umbra will be coming soon, but before I even heard any of that I was personally expecting China to have it for a year first.
My guess is anytime between when consoles get 18.5 and August

We were supposed to get more info on Umbra in the forums last year a month after he was revealed and now 7 months later we still have no info.

8 hours ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

We were supposed to get more info on Umbra in the forums last year a month after he was revealed and now 7 months later we still have no info.

Yep. That long lost FAQ thread Rebecca promised us is still nowhere to be found.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

39 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

Nobody ever litteraly ever once, ever even once said that you would need excal prime to get umbra.

Where are you getting this in formation?

Nobody has said that, I was clarifying MK Ultra 11's doubt who thought on that possibility =.= 

On 26/3/2016 at 7:01 PM, Fast_98 said:

The only thing I'm hoping for is that umbras not be updated primes.

On 26/3/2016 at 7:02 PM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

They wont be otherwise consoles wont get umbra.

On 26/3/2016 at 7:41 PM, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

And why is that?

On 26/3/2016 at 8:12 PM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Because console has no excalibur prime and by that logic cannot have umbra...... 

On 26/3/2016 at 8:40 PM, -----LegioN----- said:

Not really, Excal Umbra might get better stats than Excal Prime, which would turn him into an upgrade to EP, no matter if you have it or not. Based on that your logic, Excal Umbra would be another founders exclusive, which would bring a huge salt storm on the community. In the worst scenario Excal Umbra will be a new paid exclusive, permanently available to players willing to spend real cash on it to give current and newer players the same options to obtain him out of the game and avoid repeating the Excalibur Prime 1 time limited offer exclusivity issue.

On 27/3/2016 at 9:10 PM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Ah, I misinterpreted what that meant. I thought you upgraded a prime frame to get an umbra. Like once you get your prime to 30 you can choose to turn it into an umbra. 

if you take some time to do a small backtrack and read the whole conversation you'd realize the whole context of the comment instead of doing misinterpretations. (You can read original text above on this page, starting with Fast98's comment)

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Quotes

4 hours ago, Ellthan said:

Nobody ever litteraly ever once, ever even once said that you would need excal prime to get umbra.

Where are you getting this in formation?

I misinerprited his comment. Its just a misinterpritation folks and other people outside of this thread have been throwing that arouns but fortunetly that is not how umbra will be released.

@Ellthan: that's true, though by the time the founder gear was released there were no plans for better items and they were considered as straight upgrades to standard items, as Prime usually are,even now. 

Then a lot of weapon versions started to be released and they're usually a side grade to Prime, like Prisma Skana is compared to Skana Prime. 

For this reason, I expect Umbra Excalibur to be a side grade to Excalibur Prime, not because of some founders shiet, but just because everything else in the game works like that so it would simply male sense. 

Excalibur Umbra Prime in China is different because the only thing they have to compare with is standard Excalibur, so that fits too. 

now this is just my conjecture , but from watching dev streams and primes times...

I honestly dont see DE rolling out excal umbra yet, not at least until certain issues with warframe are resolved.

now what do i mean by this? well lets recap...

step back and look at the game, one of the big things the "undercover boss" segments and my own friends ive tried to get into this game note is an issue is...

its hard to start / understand this game, its not new player friendly in terms of how it starts

lets mark of some things that ive had feedback on and seen/ discussed by players and de

• how to start certain story arcs and missions (basically not told prerequisites) 
  • complexity of mod builds and damage (i enjoy it myself, but many keep stating its hard, or needs to be simpler) granted thats what simulation and testing are for....
  • tutorials not self explanatory to how to do or use the new systems
  • map systems are weird and not so easy to navigate 
  • slow game play, combat and movement were restricted  (before certain updates) 
  • were do i go for parts of warframes?
  • how do i buy weapon bps?
  • how to up mods or fuse them?
  • forma?exidus?patatos? how to use or implement
  • MR rank ups can be hard or easy , but whats allowed in them not explained...like warframe/power restrictions or tools, like quick hacking to beat the hacking MR tests
  • powers are not easy to use/understand

but lets also note certain things that have been done to rectify the issue

-parkour 2.0 

-graphics, lighting, smoke update (sands of inaros package) a nice graphics cleanup

-next up....... star chart 3,0 simplification of the maps and tiles 

-after that i think they will try to clean up quest setups and tutorial system to help new players as well as old , but thats just my thoughts

8 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

@Ellthan: that's true, though by the time the founder gear was released there were no plans for better items and they were considered as straight upgrades to standard items, as Prime usually are,even now. 

Then a lot of weapon versions started to be released and they're usually a side grade to Prime, like Prisma Skana is compared to Skana Prime. 

For this reason, I expect Umbra Excalibur to be a side grade to Excalibur Prime, not because of some founders shiet, but just because everything else in the game works like that so it would simply male sense. 

Excalibur Umbra Prime in China is different because the only thing they have to compare with is standard Excalibur, so that fits too. 

well put 

2 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

The stream is on April 1st ooooooooooooooh boy......This is going to be hectic I can just tell....

lol April 1st if we have more information, i just 50% believe in it....( April pools)

Edited by XideBeast

54 minutes ago, XideBeast said:

but anyone thinking if Excalibur Umbra took a very long time to release so how about another Umbras ? longer ? my life always " HYPE" since played this game

Even tough I'm not an Equinox fan, I'd like seeing an Equinox Umbra Prime, created by mixing both, Equinox Day Prime and Equinox Umbra Night. The grind would be painful af, but the lore for it could be amazing and the duality concept fits the idea.

Some frames I can't imagine primed, but yes Umbra'd , are Limbo, Mirage and Atlas (I'd like non-primed frames getting a chance to get an umbra upgrade, this could also expand the lore for warframes, making them have different origins and thus working on different ways)

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

@-----LegioN-----

All the current unprimed frames will eventually be primed so I don't think that will determine what gets Umbra. 

"Eventually" DE might decide later that some frames cannot be primed for whatever reason and end up giving them just an Umbra upgrade, after all, nothing has been said about Umbras and their actual relationship with Primes (they said just what they "want them to be", not what they will actually be, there's not even known lore about umbras yet, and Maybe not even DE has found a way to make them fit the lore yet). On the other hand, at least to me and based on what I've read to many other players too, having 3 versions of every warframe doesn't make sense (except for Excalibur due to obvious reasons) Anyways this is just speculation and I might be totally wrong about it

To get rid of quotes just click them inside, and when you´re editing them, just pres "Ctrl+RMB" on the quote box to open a new menu which allows to erase it.

Sample:

C2aRKXo.jpg