The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

10 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Nope, exact and only words about Umbra were:

"[...]it's coming, sort of soon, it's part of a big deal and it's gonna be awesome and.........then we can just move on to the next...something else". Period, no mention on U19 related to Umbra!

We're just assuming it could be U19 because "big deals" usually mean round updates in Warframe..

*hangs slef....I cant even type anymor pls k1ll me.....* YES we can HEAVILY infer that the soon+something big=next big update=U19.  *dies cus just wot....how...just...its so easy to undertsand and so likely how could you deny its with a "nope"?*

A lot of people on this thread talking about how they can't wait to have Umbra Excalibur, and posting screenshots of the China Umbra. As far as I understand it, according the post from Changyou, our Umbra Excalibur isn't going to look anything like theirs. The FAQ say's "6% difference" but I can't find anything about where that is said, if someone could link me where this is said that would be great. Also, I feel like they wouldn't allow their exclusive warframe to be changed by "6%" and call that enough change to be distributed. They could add just more gold to the frame and say it's "6% changed."

" As Rebecca has mentioned, we will be release a series of Umbra warframes (not skins), it is possible that there will be an umbra Excalibur as the first of the umbra series however the "Originator's" (which means founder) umbra Excalibur prime will not be commonly available. The Umbra Excalibur Prime is an exclusive warframe developed by DE for the Chinese version of warframe and is only available to "Originators". This warframe will not appear in game to purchase under the market nor will it drop in game. We (Changyou) and DE has finalized and agreed on this and will not be changing our position on this."

They will obviously want to make actual "Umbra" Excalibur, and other Umbras, a thing in China too. Since China's Umbra Excalibur isn't an actual "Umbra" frame with different abilities, I think they are going to create a whole new Excal in the process. I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting China's version, cause you can see how adamant they about our own Prime.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. 

7 minutes ago, Kuroify said:

A lot of people on this thread talking about how they can't wait to have Umbra Excalibur, and posting screenshots of the China Umbra. As far as I understand it, according the post from Changyou, our Umbra Excalibur isn't going to look anything like theirs. The FAQ say's "6% difference" but I can't find anything about where that is said, if someone could link me where this is said that would be great. Also, I feel like they wouldn't allow their exclusive warframe to be changed by "6%" and call that enough change to be distributed. They could add just more gold to the frame and say it's "6% changed."

They will obviously want to make actual "Umbra" Excalibur, and other Umbras, a thing in China too. Since China's Umbra Excalibur isn't an actual "Umbra" frame with different abilities, I think they are going to create a whole new Excal in the process. I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting China's version, cause you can see how adamant they about our own Prime.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. 

If our version didn't look like theirs they would've told us a long time ago. Plus the Prime probably just means the increased stats that theirs has which we won't be getting. I know a lot of people (Including myself) would be very unhappy if they gave us a different looking Umbra at launch

Edited by Demoonic

From the video, we can see that all of the skills are same as the normal excalibur. Stop at 3.23 for skill details. 40.32 for the end of mission screen. Enjoy yourself, i used 优酷 and its basically china's youtube.

Translation for the video title:

视频: 【幽灵】星际战甲 暗影剑圣 杀怪如切菜~忍者切水果?被无敌机器人玩死。。

(his name) Warframe excalibur umbra, killing monsters are like cutting vegetables and fruits? Played to death by ultimate robot. (Litteral translation)

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQyMDg1NjIxMg==.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQyMDg3NDAzNg==.html?from=y1.2-1-99.3.3-2.1-1-1-2-0

Footage of draco

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQyMDg3NDIxMg==.html?from=s1.8-1-1.2

Extra:

Chinese words

* 暗影剑圣 = Excalibur Umbra

* 剑圣 or 圣剑 = Excalibur or Heavenly sword

Edited by LemonEnterprise

1 minute ago, Catacomb said:

Didn't they say they chinese umbra and global umbra would be different? And chinese umbra gameplay is kinda old by now, sorry =/. I remember watching a video of it on youtube a few months ago.

They did? Sorry if its outdated, these videos are 3 months old but more or so i think global and china version will be same

1 minute ago, skelo0 said:

The China Excalibur Umbra is the same as the European Excalibur Prime

Pretty sure european and us are together, if you press esc and go to gameplay option there is the european region in it so i dont think excalibur umbra is same as excalibur prime( in terms of design)

Just now, LemonEnterprise said:

They did? Sorry if its outdated, these videos are 3 months old but more or so i think global and china version will be same

They keep saying it during devstreams, though they haven't shown anything about it yet. Something about making it more than just a reskin, like in the chinese build. And here is the video i saw, which is 8 months old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjXPaPS7mk

They did not mention prime at all, only 暗影剑圣 = excalibur umbra, but from the footage we can see that it is clearly a prime with all that shiny parts he has

I only care about the official name, which appears to be Excalibur Umbra like you're saying. Is it correct to say that Excalibur Umbra Prime was never the name it went by? And the name was simply something players came up with just because of the gold?

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Not every little bit of info about umbra needs its own thread.

Not sure why you say that but there are alot of players out there looking for actual players playing it instead of teasers which is like 3 minute of them jumping around and hitting the air.

6 minutes ago, Catacomb said:

Didn't they say they chinese umbra and global umbra would be different? And chinese umbra gameplay is kinda old by now, sorry =/. I remember watching a video of it on youtube a few months ago.

These videos look more recent to me. I don't recall their Excalibur having Exalted Blade in the old Umbra videos.

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

I only care about the official name, which appears to be Excalibur Umbra like you're saying. Is it correct to say that Excalibur Umbra Prime was never the name it went by? And the name was simply something players came up with just because of the gold?

I think so, from the video no prime was mentioned i will dig up some of the info.

Not sure why you say that but there are alot of players out there looking for actual players playing it instead of teasers which is like 3 minute of them jumping around and hitting the air.

Yeah but this is the Chinese Excalibur Umbra,  everyone wants to know about the European Excalibur Umbra

1 minute ago, skelo0 said:

Yeah but this is the Chinese Excalibur Umbra,  everyone wants to know about the European Excalibur Umbra

But there isnt one, there is no one specific client made for european region, european servers are also using the same client as we are. I will be out for a while just leave questions here.

6 minutes ago, skelo0 said:

There is no "European Excalibur Umbra" as there is no European Warframe. Europeans couldn't sustain their own game even if they wanted to.

@EmptyDevil From what i can see in all of the videos and even in videos where there are prime variant, the word prime isnt mentioned at all so i am guessing it is prime but they just dint mention it.

That would mean umbra is prime equivalent, like Steve said. I guess we can bury the notion of Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime being different frames, if this is true.

22 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

That would mean umbra is prime equivalent, like Steve said. I guess we can bury the notion of Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime being different frames, if this is true.

I guess so, but it is weird because if the videos are showing ex umbra prime then there should be a non prime varient but in that case there is also no mention of excalibur p in any china wf founder videos meaning that excalibur p is most likely excalibur umbra but like catacomb said there might be a chance where excalibur umbra might be a whole new different frame in the global build :)