Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm a Veteran Warframe Xbox player, I'm switching over to PC now, any tips?

totallynotawaffle

Question

So, I've been playing Warframe Xbox one since it first came out there. I got to Mastery 14, all Prime Frames minus Vauban Prime, all quests, event mods and weapons, and 100 Percented all of the quests. I've since built a Gaming PC and now I want to play Warfame on PC. I know I have to start fresh since there is no way for account migration, which makes me sad but I really want to play it on PC because updates come out first, PC Master Race, and whatnot. Anyone have any advice for me on how to start fresh?

13 answers to this question

Pc's performance is a bit finicky, when you start the game up mess around in the settings a bit. Also, Turn off motion blur, that thing sucks.

Gameplay wise, I'd say stick with an Excal, Braton, Lato and Skana just for stereotypical Warframe noob's sake XD. 

As a veteran you probably already know which sentinels you want. Get the ones you don't want first, craft them, level them up and sell them. Easy mastery rank for unlocking other things since each sentinel is worth as much as a frame, plus the sentinel's gun is worth as much as a weapon. Some of them are really easy to craft too.

Max out Thief's Wit and keep it equipped. 

If I had to start over tomorrow I'd probably use bows since Point Strike is easy to max for crazy headshot crit fun. But then again I like bows anyway.

Once again, prep for bugs. PC get the frequent updates, thus frequent muck-ups. It's much more flexible, but we're here to test for the console updates of the future, hence why they are delayed in updates (Sony/Microsoft being annoying with console updates aside).

Yes, for the benefit of receiving all the cool content first there is the cost of you having to deal with the bugs. It's not so bad when you get used to it, but you may get a bit frustrated at first.

Using your prior knowledge as a veteran go for the weapons you know are basically just Mastery fodder first, so you can get them out of the way and get to the ones you like faster. Same thing with Sentinels and your starter frame. Otherwise just play as you always have.

If you do use your controller on PC, turn off the aim assist in the options.  It'll mess up your shots more than assist you with aiming.  Stream's Big Picture mode will give you the same menu control with controllers as you had on Xbox One.  

Although you lost stuff in coming to the PC version, you now have access to Tennogen content.  Friend me in game.  :D

4 hours ago, Praxxor said:

psst

trade chat prices are lower here

I dont know about xbox but pc is more expensive than ps4 those 75% doscounts cause inflation on pc.

I recently started a pc account mk1 weapons are cheap mastery fodder.  My plan was clear planets to ceras quickly get my run speed duration loki build and do spys quick to lvl weapons. It might be harder now with those junction requrements plus sedana kappa is the spy spot now if you like that lvling strategy... Most dont but their draco plan is dead now =p.

Atomos and tonkor are easy to get and low mr i went with these to clear all the nodes. I also made a ghost clan and did my own research which was easier than i expected.  Ps4 is still my main and clans often boot if yournot on for x amount of time so easier to make ny own.

The harder part is the prime mods.  Core farming is rough starting a new account and that 1 mill credit tax makes it hard to buy all the ones im used to.  Ive gotten a few now thanks to 2, 75% plat discounts.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

Just now, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I dont know about xbox but pc is more expensive than ps4 those 75% doscounts cause inflation on pc.

I recently started a pc account mk1 weapons are cheap mastery fodder.  My plan was clear planets to ceras quickly get my run speed duration loki build and do spys quick to lvl weapons. It might be harder now with those junction requrements plus sedana kappa is the spy spot now if you like that lvling strategy... Most dont but their draco plan is dead now =p.

Atomos and tonkor are easy to get and low mr i went with these to clear all the nodes. I also made a ghost clan and did my own research which was easier than i expected.  Ps4 is still my main and clans often boot if yournot on for x amount of time so easier to make ny own.

The harder part is the prime mods.  Core farming is rough starting a new account and that 1 mill credit tax makes it hard to buy all the ones im used to.  Ive gotten a few now thanks to  75% plat discounts.

Wait you are right, I should have said that they are higher. Must have been sleepy or something.