Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dakra Prime being bit underpowered for prime weapon

Hellknight3

Hi guys n devs, since Dakra Prime was always my favourite sword I kinda find it bit underpowered these days eversince Nikana Prime and Broken-war were released. I would like to see some buff to the weapon like increase its basic slash dmg to atleast 65 or buffing its status to 25% or critical chance,because when many basic melee weapons became Prime they got significant boost in dmg or status/crit chance, but Dakra Prime neither, so I suggest buffing it bit would be great thing, thank you.

According to the Wiki the game files for Dakra Prime refer to it as Cronus Prime.  If you compare it to that then the Prime got a significant buff with 60 damage instead of 35, 15% crit instead of 5% and attack speed 1 instead of 0.917.

Dakra Prime is still a pretty decent Prime weapon. All things considered, it's one of the better single-swords. A good portion of the older primes have such little buffs compared to their originals, and Dakra Prime doesn't even have a 'regular' form.

The issue with the Dakra Prime is that, aside from cosmetics, there's literally no reason to use it over the Broken War, which exceeds its damage by a substantial margin with no drawbacks. That's sad, because the Dakra's a very pretty weapon indeed, and a lot harder to acquire than the Broken War (which everyone gets for free, with a catalyst and slot).

Ideally, the two could be made sidegrades to each-other (if we rule out nerfing the Broken War). There are a number of ways this could be accomplished, but my personal preferences would be an increase in attack speed and/or a substantial boost to its channeling stats – I'm still waiting for a weapon that makes it appealing to channel for more than just Life Strike.

Perhaps we should talk about lowering broken war to Dakra's dps level and making Broken war an impact weapon because why does it do slash damage again?

Additionally, if broken war's truly balanced I think we need to bring every long-sword up quite a bit then, the difference between the best and worst is to big of a gap either way.

Edited by KittyDarkling
added more words

41 minutes ago, Hellknight3 said:

Hi guys n devs, since Dakra Prime was always my favourite sword I kinda find it bit underpowered these days eversince Nikana Prime and Broken-war were released. I would like to see some buff to the weapon like increase its basic slash dmg to atleast 65 or buffing its status to 25% or critical chance,because when many basic melee weapons became Prime they got significant boost in dmg or status/crit chance, but Dakra Prime neither, so I suggest buffing it bit would be great thing, thank you.

No. Dakra Prime was considered the best single sword in the game with crimsom dervish. Doesn't matter if is your favorite weapon. it doesn't need a buff.  And Dakra Prime doesn't have a normal version.

41 minutes ago, Hellknight3 said:

No. Dakra Prime was considered the best single sword in the game with crimsom dervish. Doesn't matter if is your favorite weapon. it doesn't need a buff.  And Dakra Prime doesn't have a normal version.

On 8/7/2016 at 2:46 PM, sickness24 said:

You do realize the dakra prime couldnt have gotten an increase over its original since IT IS THE ORIGINAL. Also i am not sure of this (its been a while) but the dakra is out of its category (single swords) in the top 5.  

Hmmm,from what I can tell,the best single swords in order of a top 3 is prisma skana at 3,dakra prime at 2,and broken war at 1.What other swords can compare?

On 11-8-2016 at 3:45 PM, Pratigious said:

Hmmm,from what I can tell,the best single swords in order of a top 3 is prisma skana at 3,dakra prime at 2,and broken war at 1.What other swords can compare?

theres only one more and its a founder exclusive, the skana prime. mostly because its base damage is slightly higher than the base skana and the prisma skana(although the prismas crit rate make it "better")