Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What am I doing wrong? Ivara stealth sniping.

Mikki79

Question

I've noticed I randomly lose the stealth affinity multiplier for no apparent reason. I've got animal instinct (I think that's what it's called) on my carrier so I can see if enemies are alerted or not before killing them. Randomly when shooting enemies that have a completely hollow arrow, not filled or partly filled, the stealth affinity buff just disappears. Is the game bugged or am I doing something wrong?

I've been using a lanka with maxed electricity damage, had gas on it previously but that caused problems when nearby enemies got gassed but didn't die instantly. I've got the Hush mod on the lanka as well so Ivara doesn't lose stealth when firing.

Edited by Mikki79

10 answers to this question

That's probably it, cause it often happens when I walk into a new area and shoot the first guy. Harder for it to happen with melee cause you don't instantly get to the guys when moving from one area to another.

Edited by Mikki79

Yeah I think you hit a fresly spawned guy. I usually kill the last guy in one room then walk to the next room and count to five before continuing to kill enemies. The stealth multiplier duration should allow for that if you move to the next tile promptly after a kill.

1 hour ago, rage4198 said:

basically shoot the guy that no 1 is looking at

^^This all day.  If you see a line of enemies, shoot the last guy as that's the one the others will not see die.  Combine with Noise and Sleep Arrow for really nice Stealth Kill combos.  :D

The icon on the minimap only distinguishes enemies that are in an aggroed state. Enemies that have been alerted, but have not seen you will appear with an unfilled arrow, but will still break your stealth combo.

You're probably running into the fact that enemies killed within 5 seconds of spawning will break your stealth combo (which was meant to stop spawn camping). I run Ivara with both Animal Instinct and the Enemy Radar aura, and enemies very commonly do not spawn until you actually enter a tile in Exterminate missions. It's always a good idea to wait 5 seconds after entering a tile (use the stealth combo timer to get an accurate count) before continuing a killing spree unless you've already seen that the enemy was spawned before you entered the tile.