Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to kill the Jordas Golem faster!

Doxorn

Question

Greetings!

When I first wanted to kill the Jordas Golem as fast as possible I looked for videos and forum posts and there was 2 archwing weapon that stood out. Velocitus and Grattler. I wanted to know which is better, but couln't tell by the videos so I put potato on both and 2 forma then run 1-1 Jordas Assassinate with each weapon. I started the timer as soon as I got my control back over my archwing. With Grattler I killed the golem in 1min 19sec and I had to wait until it reloads because I fully emptied it's magazine twice and I had to get close enough to the golem + it was hard to aim when the golem moved constantly. With Velocitus I killed the golem in 42sec and it was easy to even shoot the golem while moving.

Edit: Watch the video for a faster kill I made.

TL;DR: Velocitus

My Grattler build: out of date, watch the video's end for up to date build

Spoiler

N5shp1j.jpg

My Velocitus build:

Spoiler

LUUj5hs.jpg

I used Itzal archwing in the missions with this build: also watch the video where I use Odonata to kill the boss faster

Spoiler

FDAGD6N.jpg

PS: I hope I opened this topic in the good section, because this is not a question, its and answer to questions which may bug people. Still it's for helping players.

Edit:

I made another kill, this time I recorded it and uploaded to youtube. I modified my setup a little thanks to the advices below. I modified Grattler, formaed it 1 more time and used Odonata instead of Itzal + used Corrosive Projection. Builds are at the end of the video. Deceide yourself. Enjoy.

Edited by Doxorn
Uploaded a video for a new kill

22 answers to this question

3 hours ago, PrimeDCookieMonstah said:

:o Nice, Might start archwing after all. Was just curious if farming archwing mods is hard and if the archwing had a lot of r10 mods but seems not so i might give a try and start doing some archwing ^^. And how do you even level up on archwing - archgun - melee etc.

Earth Erpo and then Neptune Salacia, great exp and good mod drop rates.

22 hours ago, Gelkor said:

It's not really fair if you're going to use such a suboptimal build. Grattler should take about 10 seconds to kill Golem solo with Corrosive Projection.

vHXlpNU.jpg

On 2016. 08. 14. at 1:04 PM, -Animan8000- said:

Right. Also is Corrosive Projection recommend to kill him faster.

I tried to kill him again with the same build, but with an Odonata and with Corrosive Projection.

With Grattler it took 24 seconds.

With Velocitus it took 12 seconds. Actually 4-5 charged shot :D

I just WOW...! Odonata's first ability really does increased my damage :D

5 minutes ago, Doxorn said:

I tried to kill him again with the same build, but with an Odonata and with Corrosive Projection.

With Grattler it took 24 seconds.

With Velocitus it took 12 seconds. Actually 4-5 charged shot :D

I just WOW...! Odonata's first ability really does increased my damage :D

it works similar to Volt's shield afaik, which also boosts crit damage. Both the grattler and the velocitus benefit greatly from that.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

I find it very impresive that you had patience to forma two archwing weapons twice :)

You can levelup archwing weapon to r30 in 4 Archwing MD on Neptune

Edited by Doxorn

Bloody hell took me and 3 more people about 15 minutes each run to kill him twice. I was using the started weapons though and have almost no mods since I very rarely do any archwing. Need to build some new weapons I guess 

On 2016. 08. 14. at 4:09 PM, Gelkor said:

It's not really fair if you're going to use such a suboptimal build. Grattler should take about 10 seconds to kill Golem solo with Corrosive Projection.

vHXlpNU.jpg

On 2016. 08. 14. at 0:49 PM, SeaUrchins said:

Actually Grattler paired with Odonata finishes him in under 30 seconds (11 seconds of shooting to be precise) and he doesn't fly anywhere, as shown in the video:

Reveal hidden contents

I uploaded a video about the new kill with your advice guys. I edited it into the main post. Check it ;)

4 hours ago, Bacms said:

Bloody hell took me and 3 more people about 15 minutes each run to kill him twice. I was using the started weapons though and have almost no mods since I very rarely do any archwing. Need to build some new weapons I guess 

The weapons you use matters less than not having the full set of mods.  After acquiring the mods it then becomes a matter of committing both catalysts and formas (plus re-leveling).

Can you really justify doing all that if your only interest in AW is beating the Golem to farm Atlas?  15 minutes times a few runs is way less time invested than getting gear that will kill him in less than a couple of minutes.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

I find it very impresive that you had patience to forma two archwing weapons twice :)

There are several Arch-guns that are worth forma-ing. I have multi forma Grattler for Jordas, Velocitus for Fomorians, Fluctus for Corpus ship missions, and Cygnas for Grineer intercept missions. Cygnas is my newest favorite, like a perfectly tuned Space DMR.

And due to the new MR-> Mod capacity change, it's very easy to level weapons on Salacia. Especially with Amesha, which incentivizes your team to stay in affinity range.

Edited by Gelkor

On 8/14/2016 at 6:18 AM, Doxorn said:

With Velocitus I killed the golem in 42sec 

Meanwhile I took half an hour and 3 revives to kill the -snip-

Granted, it only had Hallowed Bullets...But still...Dat helth pool tho

Was still a fun fight when my booty wasn't getting swooped by aimbot

Edited by NGSBRReAPeR

15 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The weapons you use matters less than not having the full set of mods.  After acquiring the mods it then becomes a matter of committing both catalysts and formas (plus re-leveling).

Can you really justify doing all that if your only interest in AW is beating the Golem to farm Atlas?  15 minutes times a few runs is way less time invested than getting gear that will kill him in less than a couple of minutes.

I have all the mods I have at max but only have like 4/5 per weapon frame so it makes no difference having more space or not in the gun. You are right though it is just that is hard to find a party and I am not sure I can handle it on my own and atlas and limbo are the last few frames I am still missing and they both require archwing. 

4 hours ago, Bacms said:

I have all the mods I have at max but only have like 4/5 per weapon frame so it makes no difference having more space or not in the gun. You are right though it is just that is hard to find a party and I am not sure I can handle it on my own and atlas and limbo are the last few frames I am still missing and they both require archwing. 

The golem can be extremely easy to beat solo if you do it right.  There are spots on the outer edge of the map where you are too far away from the little minions for them to get aggro'd.  The one I like is almost directly across from the spawn in spot near a column type thing (a little hard to describe).  The golem has three locations he'll move between in a triangle shape and the spot I'm talking about in near one - obviously because you can sit there and shoot him from behind.

I'm not claiming this tactic is fast.  I'm saying it is easy since you can sit there all day if needed.

But yeah, I feel you.  In spite of me saying not to bother with catalysts and formas almost all of my Archwing stuff has both.  DE insists on locking non-archwing content behind archwing missions so its damned if you do (a total waste of time/resources) and damned if you don't (blocked content).

(PS4)Agent_CHAR

"There are spots on the outer edge of the map where you are too far away from the little minions for them to get aggro'd.  The one I like is almost directly across from the spawn in spot near a column type thing (a little hard to describe).  The golem has three locations he'll move between in a triangle shape and the spot I'm talking about in near one - obviously because you can sit there and shoot him from behind. "

Anything that helps kill him on low level archwing with bad weapons and mods without dying every 20 seconds is great to hear.

I have given up trying to farm mods in archwing. Trading prime parts for plat and then bought the toxic + electric arch gun mods from other LUCKY players so I have some hope of killing him faster.

Initially I made a GAS build to kill Jordas as Jordas is a giant infested and they hate gas, but for some reason corrosive damage is better???????????? No idea why.

9 hours ago, LordAngellis said:

Initially I made a GAS build to kill Jordas as Jordas is a giant infested and they hate gas, but for some reason corrosive damage is better???????????? No idea why.

Maybe it corrodes the metal and makes the infestation loose its grip on the ship? I don't know o-o

9 hours ago, LordAngellis said:

Gas is only effective on unarmored light Infested. Heavy Infested are neutral to Gas.

Jordas's only vulnerable point, his engines, are metallic and count as Ferrite armor, which is weak to Corrosive damage.

Just now, Inarticulate said:

Gas is only effective on unarmored light Infested. Heavy Infested are neutral to Gas.

Jordas's only vulnerable point, his engines, are metallic and count as Ferrite armor, which is weak to Corrosive damage.

Corroding engines =/= death of all infested tho

10 hours ago, LordAngellis said:

I have given up trying to farm mods in archwing. Trading prime parts for plat and then bought the toxic + electric arch gun mods from other LUCKY players so I have some hope of killing him faster.

The AW mods aren't any harder to acquire than any other mod in the game.  All that is required is that you actually play the game mode a decent amount.  And that's the crux of my beef with DE locking non-archwing content like Atlas behind an AW mission.  The mission itself takes you 15 minutes but getting yourself into a position where the mission only takes 15 minutes requires many hours of playing AW.  I just forced myself to do it at one point and you probably should to since I don't think this policy will change in DE.

FWIW, you probably could have found someone to give you those mods.  I've certainly given away my fair share to players just like you.  Actual friends I've gifted complete sets of all the AW mods to.  Again, they aren't that hard to come by.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

The AW mods aren't any harder to acquire than any other mod in the game.  All that is required is that you actually play the game mode a decent amount.  And that's the crux of my beef with DE locking non-archwing content like Atlas behind an AW mission.  The mission itself takes you 15 minutes but getting yourself into a position where the mission only takes 15 minutes requires many hours of playing AW.  I just forced myself to do it at one point and you probably should to since I don't think this policy will change in DE.

FWIW, you probably could have found someone to give you those mods.  I've certainly given away my fair share to players just like you.  Actual friends I've gifted complete sets of all the AW mods to.  Again, they aren't that hard to come by.

I farmed Atlas out back then with a non-potatoed Itzal and non-potatoed Fluctus. With no forma at all.

I went 2 Jordas Golem mission a day and I got the full set in 1 week. Without burnout or beign nervous :)