Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Temporal cross-breed/abominarion pettition

(PSN)Nuke2285

Dear DE and fellow tenno

I personally think that the fact about kavat-kubrow cross breeds in early pc's specters of the relay is a very well known event of warframe's history.

And me, as a console gamer, i'd like to ask to all fellow tenno, may they be from the platform they may be, PC, PS4 and XB1. To unite in my pettition to let us, console gamers to have a time period (even if a small one) for us, PS4 and XB1 players to make our own kuvats or kabrows (or simply put, abominations) because even if it is a bug, it is a very fun concept, and i think i speak for the mayority here, we'd all like to have such a specimen of animal.

So, in conclusion, I ask all fellow tenno to join me in a petition to unpatch the crossbreed bug even if for a short time for consoles and/or pc, because i find it unfair that pc gamers were the only ones who got to enjoy this monsters.

Thanks in advance to everyone who joins my pettition and if you don't agree with my way of thinking please, meditate and do some constructive arguments instead of thrashtalking about me, my pettition or just everything related to this post.

(edited all grammar mistakes that i managed to find, please excuse my english since it's not my mother language)

Edited by (PS4)Nuke2285

Erm, DE has already confirmed that Consoles will get a stab at these. I think Steve also said that there will be an announcement when it comes to console and you'll get a several day window like PC had in order to breed them. The confirmation was during Prime Time #126: It can be found here:

Start about about the 9:45 minute mark.

Edited by Jeahanne

1 minute ago, Jeahanne said:

Erm, DE has already confirmed that Consoles will get a stab at these. I think Steve also said that there will be an announcement when it comes to console and you'll get a several day window like PC had in order to breed them. The confirmation was during Prime Time #126: It can be found here:

That's pretty cool, kinda irks me that they get to prepare for it though

32 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

Thanks a lot Jeahanne, you could probably tell i don't watch prime time too often, but thanks a lot again because if i didn't saw this video i'd have never even tried to crossbreed under the thought that it'd be patched.

I was only able to breed one cat-bro b4 the patch, and its "monstrosity" is kinda lame :(

It has the head of a normal doge, while the rest of its body is just black, bugged texture. 

The lesson: KILL WITH FIRE.

Serious tho, breed as many as possible so that you can get the desired form of abomination. I will live with the regret of not having a proper monster forever.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by CatalystD

I got lucky. I wasted way more plat than I probably should have and bred like 3 or 4, although one came out dead normal. One was a Slender Cat, although it looks like a normal dog in a mission. One is just a headless, tailless, textureless cat body in mission or out. I think it ended up a Kavat with all Kubrow looks so it just breaks all the textures entirely, I can't even "fix" it by changing its appearance. And the last one was a Kubrow looking thing, no bigger than a puppy, doing a salute with its paw through its head. I didn't manage to get a Post-It Note dog though... v.v

Edited by Jeahanne

2 hours ago, Jeahanne said:

What about all the PC players that didn't find out about it until they read the patch notes?

12 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

What about all the PC players that didn't find out about it until they read the patch notes?

Unfortunately those people are out of luck. This was never an intended thing anyway, it's a bug, so DE never announced it. The closest they got to that was its mention in the Prime Time Episode. We still got a day or so past that point before it was patched out to take advantage of it, and there were youtube videos, forum posts, and reddit posts about it up all around that time explaining how to do it. But it was never an announced "feature".

Honestly, I doubt the Console "announcement" for it will be anything past a mention in the patch notes, so unless someone knows to look for it, they're in all likelihood not going to have any better knowledge of it than we did. And I think, if I'm interpreting Steve's comments in the video right, that they won't be getting more than the few days we had to do it either.

Edited by Jeahanne

15 hours ago, Jeahanne said:

55725655.jpg

3 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

how about a petition to NOT have console players get crossbreeds?

It's a bug, if they intentionally allow console players to make them, it's just a spit in the face to every PC player who didn't manage to make one in time

Console players will have the exact same time as PC if I understand correctly. Keep in mind that this was not a offical feature and DE is only keeping it in as quite a lot of people found these amusing and it stops them from having to go through all the coding for the update just to fix an error. PC players could easily find out about them by just trying to breed a Kavat, so it is not like it was a horribly obscure thing either. Of course, I might be biased as I am a console player but the fact is that there are dozens of console players who will also not know about the monstrosities as well. 

Just now, (XB1)Twinna25 said:

Console players will have the exact same time as PC if I understand correctly. Keep in mind that this was not a offical feature and DE is only keeping it in as quite a lot of people found these amusing and it stops them from having to go through all the coding for the update just to fix an error. PC players could easily find out about them by just trying to breed a Kavat, so it is not like it was a horribly obscure thing either. Of course, I might be biased as I am a console player but the fact is that there are dozens of console players who will also not know about the monstrosities as well. 

those that don't know about it have no excuse since they're getting a @(*()$ NOTIFICATION about it

and it was literally impossible to have created a monstrosity without plat since it takes 61.5 hours to even get a kavat genetic imprint

7 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

console players will probably have more time than the pc people had.

In pc it was on for like half a day. I found out from prime time and by the next day it was gone. I was only able to get a handful of genetic samples.

This is extremely untrue. The fact was it was at least 24 hours after the Prime Time announcement that the patch to fix Abominations went out. The stream was on July 14th, and the patch to fix it was on the 15th and can be found here:

This is all after the bug had been in existence for several days. There is no "exact" time frame since it's impossible to know precisely when the bug started, but youtube videos about it started popping up on the 14th as well (you can verify by Googling "Warframe Abominations" and looking at when videos were posted). This likely means the bug existed and was less widely known at least 12 hours before the videos start cropping up, if you try to account for editing and uploading times and likely was around for longer. So, at minimum, the bug was around and widely known about for 48 to 72 hours. Assuming that you let it incubate for the normal 24 hours with the upgrade segment, you could have done at least one of them in the time frame allowed, if you knew about it at the time of the Stream. With platinum acquired from trading or real money purchases, you could incubate as many as you could afford.

6 hours ago, ShiraHagane said:

those that don't know about it have no excuse since they're getting a @(*()$ NOTIFICATION about it

and it was literally impossible to have created a monstrosity without plat since it takes 61.5 hours to even get a kavat genetic imprint

This is also extremely untrue. There is no way it takes anything close to 61.5 hours for a Kavat. Sure, you need to farm imprints if you don't want to buy them, but that's several hours work, not several days if you can sit down and play for a long time. Incubation takes only 24 hours, and even if you count building the Incubator Segment, that's still only another 12. That's assuming you didn't build the Segment before this all became possible and already had it available.

I understand you're upset about missing them, but the fact remains that there was ample time to do so and you did have that same opportunity. The fact that you didn't see anything about it doesn't change that the possibility of making one was there. It is not DE's fault that you didn't see what information was made available. Moreover, there is no guarantee that Consoles will get any real further notice than we have. There were livestreams saying this was a thing on PC. There were youtube videos, reddit posts, forum posts, and in game discussion about this as well. Console will likely get no different. I'm sorry your disappointment goes this far, but that's no one's fault and it certainly wasn't something that was DE's fault.

53 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

This is extremely untrue. The fact was it was at least 24 hours after the Prime Time announcement that the patch to fix Abominations went out. The stream was on July 14th, and the patch to fix it was on the 15th and can be found here:

This is all after the bug had been in existence for several days. There is no "exact" time frame since it's impossible to know precisely when the bug started, but youtube videos about it started popping up on the 14th as well (you can verify by Googling "Warframe Abominations" and looking at when videos were posted). This likely means the bug existed and was less widely known at least 12 hours before the videos start cropping up, if you try to account for editing and uploading times and likely was around for longer. So, at minimum, the bug was around and widely known about for 48 to 72 hours. Assuming that you let it incubate for the normal 24 hours with the upgrade segment, you could have done at least one of them in the time frame allowed, if you knew about it at the time of the Stream. With platinum acquired from trading or real money purchases, you could incubate as many as you could afford.

The bug became known on the 14th when some one posted about it reddit.

Then some one posted a link to that thread here and it became big enough which is why Prime time had it on their show.

Then on the next day at 4pm they patched it out. Sure, it wasnt half a day but it was less than 24 hours before the Prime time announcement.

Most people learned about it when it was posted here or watching Prime time, this includes DE, since the Reddit post only has around 500 votes.

Dont know why you are arguing over how long the bug existed on the game when the point is that people did not have confirmation of it until the 14th and it was patched out by the 15th. And depending on when you found out it was likely less than a day. I mean, prime time comes on at 7 EST Thurday. How many people are going to farm for 21 hours straight to try to get g-codes for their abominations?

4 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The bug became known on the 14th when some one posted about it reddit.

Then some one posted a link to that thread here and it became big enough which is why Prime time had it on their show.

Then on the next day at 4pm they patched it out. Sure, it wasnt half a day but it was less than 24 hours before the Prime time announcement.

Most people learned about it when it was posted here or watching Prime time, this includes DE, since the Reddit post only has around 500 votes.

Dont know why you are arguing over how long the bug existed on the game when the point is that people did not have confirmation of it until the 14th and it was patched out by the 15th. And depending on when you found out it was likely less than a day. I mean, prime time comes on at 7 EST Thurday. How many people are going to farm for 21 hours straight to try to get g-codes for their abominations?

The point is, that no matter how long the bug was out for, and it's impossible to truly know how long it existed, that it was exactly that. A bug. DE was under no obligation to say anything about it at all, and the fact that they did and let us keep the results of the bug is amazing. The fact that they're allowing it to go to Console to give those players the same opportunity is unheard of.

Even if you did have to farm everything from scratch, the fact of the matter is that you could. DE had already confirmed that the abominations were going to stay, and the patch to remove them wasn't going to stop you incubating at least one. It wasn't going to cancel what you'd already started. It could still have been done.

6 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

The point is, that no matter how long the bug was out for, and it's impossible to truly know how long it existed, that it was exactly that.

K, this had nothing to do with the conversation or my post.

A bug. DE was under no obligation to say anything about it at all, and the fact that they did and let us keep the results of the bug is amazing. The fact that they're allowing it to go to Console to give those players the same opportunity is unheard of.

Never said they had any obligation, all i said is that the console people are probably going to have more time than the PC people which you apparently had an issue with, for some reason.

Even if you did have to farm everything from scratch, the fact of the matter is that you could. DE had already confirmed that the abominations were going to stay, and the patch to remove them wasn't going to stop you incubating at least one. It wasn't going to cancel what you'd already started. It could still have been done.

And i said i didnt have enough time from when i learned about it.

That's it.

34 minutes ago, Jeahanne said:

Look, I'm not going to argue about it anymore. I've said my bit, and apparently you don't agree with so... *shrugs*

i dont know why there was an argument.

All i said was that the console ppl will likely have more time than the PC people that had basically half a day when it became widely known.

I conceded that it was closer to 1 day from the time Prime time announced it, 21 hours, but it was not any longer than that for most of the people that wanted to use this.

12 hours ago, Jeahanne said:

This is also extremely untrue. There is no way it takes anything close to 61.5 hours for a Kavat. Sure, you need to farm imprints if you don't want to buy them, but that's several hours work, not several days if you can sit down and play for a long time. Incubation takes only 24 hours, and even if you count building the Incubator Segment, that's still only another 12. That's assuming you didn't build the Segment before this all became possible and already had it available.

I understand you're upset about missing them, but the fact remains that there was ample time to do so and you did have that same opportunity. The fact that you didn't see anything about it doesn't change that the possibility of making one was there. It is not DE's fault that you didn't see what information was made available. Moreover, there is no guarantee that Consoles will get any real further notice than we have. There were livestreams saying this was a thing on PC. There were youtube videos, reddit posts, forum posts, and in game discussion about this as well. Console will likely get no different. I'm sorry your disappointment goes this far, but that's no one's fault and it certainly wasn't something that was DE's fault.

No, it takes 12 hours to craft the kavat upgrade segment, 2 log in cycles for the kavat to incubate (so between 46 and 48 hours for me since I only play after the reset), and 1.5 hours to imprint its genes, totaling to 59.5 - 61.5 hours and that's NOT COUNTING farming for genetic codes or getting an incubator blueprint, so my point stands that it is literally impossible to have gotten a monstrosity without spending plat, which almost nobody who didn't know about them would have done.

Also, I'm not upset about missing them, I'm upset that DE is intentionally adding a bug when they just removed it.

Edited by ShiraHagane