The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Endo be our next Rare resource ?

DxAdder

Its supposed to only replace fusion cores, so unless DE purposefully nerfs the drop rate of fusion cores then "Endo" drops should occur at the same frequency as fusion core drops. However, nothing has been said about how much fusion energy one "Endo" has, or if it's literally just 1 "Endo" per level, i.e. rank 1 = 1 Endo, rank 2 = 2 Endo, etc. Having said that, you can bet your sweet &#! DE is going to nerf drop rates, or maybe use a different system?

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

21 minutes ago, Balbados said:

It is a simplification but it looks like we will lose any bonuses by combining duplicate mods or matching polarities.  For example, a Vitality mod will probably convert into the same amount of Endo as Fast Hands.  If you are a beginner looking to looking to rank up a Vitality, you no longer gain any efficiency by combining duplicate Vitality mods.  It's all the same amount of Endo.  The same for using trash mods of matching polarities to rank up the mod you want.  We will lose the bonuses since everything will convert into a set amount of Endo..

we would only  lose the duplicate bonus,  simply because the vast majority of fusion is done with  core that have he  polarity match built in. and thats fine becausse  i is laughable to go looking for hundreds of copies of the valuable rare mods.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Jennison99 said:

Endo is the replacement for fusion cores. its not a resource, its a type of experience for your mods.

It clearly says Endo is a resource:

What is Endo? Endo is Fusion energy incarnate. It is the raw resource that powers the process of Upgrading Mods. In essence, Endo serves as the simplifier in all things Fusion. All duplicate Mods can now be simply converted into Endo. Endo will now drop from enemies and missions where Fusion Cores used to.

13 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

It clearly says Endo is a resource:

What is Endo? Endo is Fusion energy incarnate. It is the raw resource that powers the process of Upgrading Mods. In essence, Endo serves as the simplifier in all things Fusion. All duplicate Mods can now be simply converted into Endo. Endo will now drop from enemies and missions where Fusion Cores used to.

And Fusion Cores were not?

Let's make it clear - everything DE did recently was building even more grindwalls. They never intend to make things "simple", despite how they promoted it. IMO the fusion system is simple enough and doesn't need any change. But I know the change is gonna happen anyway.

lets make more pointless changes to a system thats worked and been fine for a few years...heres a better idea lets make void have a point again and not disregard the most sacred place in WF lore for a stupid system that is boring as hell and less productive, increases the grind and makes warframe A LOT less fun to play.

37 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Let's make it clear - everything DE did recently was building even more grindwalls. They never intend to make things "simple", despite how they promoted it. IMO the fusion system is simple enough and doesn't need any change. But I know the change is gonna happen anyway.

this is how i feel about this entire new set of updates, unnecessary changing to things that never needed to be changed in the first place, OH WELP!! LETS JUST DO IT WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT

Star Map 3.0 was a great big Trojan horse presented as a gift but filled with increased grinding for affinity, focus, credits, oxium, syndicate rep, and also almost certainly substantially increased grinding for new Primes, although it's impossible to say so definitively until Nekros Prime Access goes live.

I think most of us knew that Draco was going to RIP in peace, but the rest of it DE just slipped in without warning, and no doubt they'll silently wait until people stop complaining. They did release a statement claiming that the credit-farming nerf was a "display bug," but that bug seems to have become a permanent feature.

That Trojan horse metaphor is now how I view every update. The silent nerfs and increased grind are there, but we won't know it until the horse is inside the gates.

I'm MR22 and have practically everything obtainable, piles of Arcanes, and tons of credits and resources, so the ever-increasing grindwall and grind-related nerfs barely affect me. That's not really the point, though.

This is again a worthless addition but will happen. That is not surprise the grind increase because they got investements from Leyou and if someone give you a lot of money in time they want benefit from their investements. The devs cannot do against anything because they pact the deal so they can only silently nerfs things and re re reworking things which is mostly working fine instead making whole new content. The cores were fine things and served well years by now and I never used wiki to tell me how many cores need for me to level up my stuffs. Same with the first Solar map. The grind is the same and sligthly increase and there is still no peoples on the desired maps when you doing a public run. I have no doubt the grind will remain because otherwise they cannot repay the invested money.

Edited by Sziklamester

19 hours ago, Balbados said:

It is a simplification but it looks like we will lose any bonuses by combining duplicate mods or matching polarities.  For example, a Vitality mod will probably convert into the same amount of Endo as Fast Hands.  If you are a beginner looking to looking to rank up a Vitality, you no longer gain any efficiency by combining duplicate Vitality mods.  It's all the same amount of Endo.  The same for using trash mods of matching polarities to rank up the mod you want.  We will lose the bonuses since everything will convert into a set amount of Endo..

They said that in a devstream long ago. At first, the idea was that every trash mod would be replaced into a fusion core. That way, you can convert a Swift Deth into a fusion core and use it to rank up Vitality, which woud be the equivalent of using Vitality in the first place (or even better if I'm not mistaken). So, unless there's a change of plans, we will be able to convert a given mod into an amount of Endo. 

19 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

I doubt that DE will convert every core with the same amount of Endo, so a r5 core should give more then a c1 core. But nevertheless I believe that lots of mods will cost more after this update.

If I were the developper, I would choose to do it the lazy way and just make one Endo worth one Fusion energy. Obviously this would mean buff the droprate of Endo by a ton , for instance getting 62 Endo would need just as much RNG effort as one R5 core. It would be more like an uncommon resource that you get a few hundreds of in a mission. No idea if DE will choose this method or give ranks Endo, like cores right now.

Edited by TheScytale

20 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the way it's presented: it'll drop like candy and it'll make fusion better for everyone.

the way it will likely be: more waiting for timed alerts just to progress further in the game, and another resource to farm.

don't get me wrong, Rebecca puts it forward in a really positive way, but I'm not buying into it until I see some concrete proof that this is not just another Grindwall. until then I choose to remain sceptical, rather than get my hopes up and become disappointed when I find out it's worse than the old fusion system.

Exactly. Anytime I hear about some "fantastic rework that will make players' life easier and lessen the grind" I have Admiral Ackbar's "It's a trap!" in mind.

For some reason I fear they will give us a real lousy conversion rate and probably cap endo gains per day.  Then sell a license that raises cap levels all across the board. 

DE 2.0 seems all about increasing grind while reducing rewards, there seems little reason for this system to differ

43 minutes ago, Kyronz said:

For some reason I fear they will give us a real lousy conversion rate and probably cap endo gains per day.  Then sell a license that raises cap levels all across the board. 

DE 2.0 seems all about increasing grind while reducing rewards, there seems little reason for this system to differ

DE can just sell Endo themselves just like any other resource.

I'm hoping they eventually rework resources a bit anyway.  There needs to be incentive to farm  all resources all the time.  The fact that many of mine number into the millions is a testament to that.  I think if DE just did a check as people log in to see what the numbers look like they could easily come up why something. 

On 8/16/2016 at 1:20 AM, Drazhar14 said:

It would be cool if instead of random fusion core drops from enemies every now and then, all enemies drop a tiny amount of endo that adds up to a fusion core after a while. Kind of like their life energy that we steal with each kill and channel it into our mods.  

This is actually really smart DE need to look into your idea and make it kinda-ish like this tumbs up