Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone please tell me what relics are?

(XBOX)DrSlurricaneTTV

Question

14 answers to this question

It works like this  currently on PC:

-You get relics from spy and endless modes.

-There is always Fissure missions.

-There are 4 tiers of Relics: Lith, Meso, Neo, Axi

-You do a Fissure mission with a Relic equiped. Random fissures spawn corrupting enemies and spawning stronger corrupted units. Corrupted (both spawned and converted) drop Reactant at a determined amount of units killed. Pick 10 Reactants. Complete whatever mission you are.

-End mission screen awards you with an item from the Relic's table, there are various relics of the same tier (example: lith n1, s1, etcetera) with different loot tables. Each player gets 1 reward and each player expends his/her Relic. If you don't like the reward you got from your relic you can select a copy of a squad member relic. Say Player A gets a Forma bp and Player B gets a Vectis Prime bp, player A can choose between his Forma bp or the Vectis Prime bp,and both players get VP bps.

-Completing a Fissure awards Void Traces. These can be used to refine Intact Relics to increase the chances of getting something rare. Void traces are capped at 100+50 per MR. Void Traces are also required to craft Dragon Keys.

When I did one, it was basically:

1. use a relic to get into a mission
  2. spawn a fissure with in the mission 
  3. Void enemies spawn from the fissure
  4. kill fissure enemies and loot void traces (for upgrading relics), and also loot little yellow things to close the fissure within allotted time
  5. finish the mission and use traces to upgrade your relic for better rare loot chances

I THINK it's changed since then.  But I honestly haven't had any desire to play fissures.  I only login for sorties and log off.  The update killed the social parts of the game for me.  I met many in-game friends through old Void endless missions.  Now, every mission is a rush to the end and people seldom communicate.

Edited by Tizodd

3 minutes ago, Tizodd said:

When I did one, it was basically:

1. use a relic to get into a mission
  2. spawn a fissure with in the mission 
  3. Void enemies spawn from the fissure
  4. kill fissure enemies and loot void traces (for upgrading relics), and also loot little yellow things to close the fissure within allotted time
  5. finish the mission and use traces to upgrade your relic for better rare loot chances

I THINK it's changed since then.  But I honestly haven't had any desire to play fissures.  I only login for sorties and log off.  The update killed the social parts of the game for me.  I met many in-game friends through old Void endless missions.  Now, every mission is a rush to the end and people seldom communicate.

Is it really that bad?

3 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

It works like this  currently on PC:

-You get relics from spy and endless modes.

-There is always Fissure missions.

-There are 4 tiers of Relics: Lith, Meso, Neo, Axi

-You do a Fissure mission with a Relic equiped. Random fissures spawn corrupting enemies and spawning stronger corrupted units. Corrupted (both spawned and converted) drop Reactant at a determined amount of units killed. Pick 10 Reactants. Complete whatever mission you are.

-End mission screen awards you with an item from the Relic's table, there are various relics of the same tier (example: lith n1, s1, etcetera) with different loot tables. Each player gets 1 reward and each player expends his/her Relic. If you don't like the reward you got from your relic you can select a copy of a squad member relic. Say Player A gets a Forma bp and Player B gets a Vectis Prime bp, player A can choose between his Forma bp or the Vectis Prime bp,and both players get VP bps.

-Completing a Fissure awards Void Traces. These can be used to refine Intact Relics to increase the chances of getting something rare. Void traces are capped at 100+50 per MR. Void Traces are also required to craft Dragon Keys.

So, its better to go with a squad full of different relics?

Edited by (XB1)H3AT Gravity
improper wording

20 minutes ago, (XB1)H3AT Gravity said:

Is it really that bad?

No, it's not completely bad.  It does make getting a specific prime part a bit easier.

I just feel like it's killing the social aspects of Warframe.  All missions are a rush to the end now.  There're no more endless missions (with good loot) where you lollygag and talk with friends or potential friends throughout the mission.  It's just: get in, get out, leave group.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)H3AT Gravity said:

So, its better to go with a squad full of different relics?

If you're looking for something in particular, you have better chances in groups with the same relics, as it's up to 4 individual rolls to get that part.

Edited by rapt0rman

3 minutes ago, (XB1)H3AT Gravity said:

So, its better to go with a squad full of different keys?

Not really, each player in the squad accounts for a roll of the dice. For example, a Radiant Refined Relic has around 20% chance to get you a rare reward. If all 4 players bring the same radiant relic, there are 4 rolls for that rare, as any of you who gets it allows the other players to get a copy of the item. Say 2 of yuo get Forma bp, one gets a cheap part and one gets the rare, then all of you could select that. It's fairly simple system.