The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nikana Prime should require mr 10 for using it.

ShocK.-

1 minute ago, Khaine62 said:
8 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

MR lock for weapon is cancer. It should be removed from the game completely. 

(For some reason my reply messed up) 

The problem isn't the MR locks. The problem is that DE isn't looking after it.

9 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

MR-0's everywhere running around only using Secura Pentas or Synoid Simulors dying constantly and ruining public missions even more, driving people like me(I refuse to solo unless I'm Ash, and even then that's like once in a blue moon.) into going solo more and more. Thus killing that whole "co-op" thing that DE wanted Warframe to be from the very get-go.

2a7hseu.jpg

And you think all those people above MR 12 spamming Synoid Simulors (possibly with Mirage too) or such weapons everywhere are not a problem just because they are above MR 12. Oh well.

EDIT: Most likely the vets will shout "Hosting certain mission only MR 12 or above because I despise noobs and their crappy weapons" too if OP's sugestion ever comes true.

Edited by Marvelous_A

MR is kind of problematic in this regard, and people were mentioning all this when Saryn prime was first released (Nikana Prime came with her). I guess it wouldn't hurt to increase the requirement but i doubt it will happen. and I still have my Dragon Nikana, it's my "edgy" version, while my Primed one in White and Gold goes with my Orokin Style setup.

3 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

And you think all those people above MR 12 spamming Synoid Simulors (possibly with Mirage too) or such weapons everywhere are not a problem just because they are above MR 12. Oh well.

That's a different discussion for a different topic atm. 

I was doing my best at an excample, using two of the 'top tier' weapons that isn't like the conventional weapons that makes up the majority of our arsenals

12 minutes ago, AhmadIYE said:

Its not about if they CAN do it properly rather its they have the option to do it despite being MR-2 or so without having your repeatedly stated KNOWLEDGE.

Im not saying whether or not new players should be able to farm prime gear, but OP weapons like the Nikana Prime should not be available for crafting until you meet the proper requirements (which are none existant as of today). And yes knowledge is important in a game with so much things like Warframe, how many times do you see people asking for information that is not covered by the tutorial?

14 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

And will be the same system we have now. People using "low tier" weapons fast as possible to level MR to use only the "top tier" weapons.

If Sorties are "end game" level, then majority of the weapons in the game are viable if you have a good build. Soma is powerful at his class of mid range LMG, the Latron is powerful in the semi auto long range class, and the Vectis is powerful in the long range sniper rifle class. All the 3 are viable and works in different ways, same with Latron Prime and Tonkor, but don't tell me a Tonkor is better at long range than a Latron Prime.

And you're being too naive, to players in a game with tier system, low tier is trash, mid tier is trash, high tier is trash and top tier is the only way to play.

Using tier system only make things worse.  "Hosting Sortie: Only top tier weapons"

There is a tier system already, stats wise a Nikana Prime is not equal to a Skana, and they are both weapons available at MR0, modding just adds to the power creep. Perhaps im not explaining clearly, im not saying a system like Borderlands were weapons are color coded, simply put more powerful weapons behind a higher MR requirement.

I'm not really being naive, just acknowledging something that is already happening, players treat most weapons as fodder, and go for the op stuff instead, put said op gear behind a not absurdly high MR wall, and problem solved. And people will never ask for specific types of weapons for sorties, unless the sorties themselves require a specific weapon class, after all its the modding the determines the weapon stats.

In any case this is going off topic, the OP was talking about how the Nikana Prime should have a higher MR requirement, which i completely agree with.

16 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Not to mention killing Simaris's Synthesis targets because they haven't even got to know him possibly; thus they don't know about that. Things like that.

Lol, yeah I've seen plenty of people trying to kill synthesis targets, and despite explaining to them what they are, they still empty their mags into them. Luckily most of them don't dish out enough damage to kill the target before i scan them.

Just now, John89brensen said:

Lol, yeah I've seen plenty of people trying to kill synthesis targets, and despite explaining to them what they are, they still empty their mags into them. Luckily most of them don't dish out enough damage to kill the target before i scan them.

Still though, its the principle of that. I would see it as a disgrace to the mighty weapon they wield, the powerful frame they command.

Blades will weep, frames will shudder.

I never cared about mr untill DE locked items behind it because mr as a Goal becomes a job.

Get weapons and frames I do not want to get mastery instead of playing what I want for fun. Since xp  isn't exactly flying by, this takes alot of time now.

Sounds to me like you want players to not be able to buy Primes?  That will never happen. They gave DE cash in exchange for cool stuff.

I am against Walls i  general. You know why? It leads to this:

Player 1 wants to play with group.

Group says you can't play because you are low mastery.

Player looks for players with low mr to play with instead, and we loose the vet+rookie mix I have allways enjoyed in Warframe.

Why is weapons a big deal? So what if a rookie buys a Prime Pack and the coolest armor and syandana around? If they can't play the game they still have to learn.

2 hours ago, armedpoop said:

Why is that a problem exactly? Should it have been weaker than Vanilla Nikana? Honestly just screaming "power creep" never made sense to me.

It's the problem that, I can start the game, pay 20$. get some plat, and buy one of the strongest weapons in the game without even doing anything.

That being said, this is a co-op game, and a teamate having an advantage isn't necessarily a bad thing,.

2 minutes ago, Terror-Of-Death said:

#fashionframe

can be bought with plat.

I think he meant something that would show to newer players, or other players that another has accomplished certain things.

Things such as:
 Dedication to the game, having played for years, that says a lot about the game as a whole. I wouldn't want to keep playing a game if I found out that every time people start, they quit because they can't have their interest held or something.

Money spent, not as a "pay to win" or whatever. But some people on this game have sunk hundreds of dollars(or whatever other currency they might use, such as euros or whatnot). Others have risked $200+ way back as founders, because they believed in DE and this game.

Interactions with the community, is said player liked? Is he/she famous, like mogamu or quiet shy? Or is said player nothing but a troll and is just being obnoxious?

I think there should be factors and 'rewards' given to those who have stuck with this game all this time. 

^As such, the current and revamped 'login reward' system is a step in the right direction I think. What with the exclusive sigils and weapons it grants us, should we ^ continue playing the game for that long. 

The thing is, we need something to help PROVE us as a player/Tenno within the game. Badges are never noticed, unless you're playing the true end-game #Fashionframe, so we can't otherwise passively be seen as "Hey check it out..that guy was there when the relays were 9/11'd... woooah that must have been a sight to behold." or "Dude look! This is one of the Tenno who rescued Valkyr during the Hunt for Salad five! Awesome!"

Because we all know we can't use the weapons that were originally debued from said events, as they're obtainable from sorties or Baro now. Therefore they're invalid as a "I was there" thing.

It may be a controversial suggestion but we need master rank milestones like 5,8,12 and 16 for example at which new weapons would be available. That way we can keep the prime/syndicate variants at a higher tier than what tier their original counterparts are.

Cons: It'll make people grind mastery so they'll complain.

Pros: Better versions of a weapon would require the player to put in some effort to use.

3 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

It may be a controversial suggestion but we need master rank milestones like 5,8,12 and 16 for example at which new weapons would be available. That way we can keep the prime/syndicate variants at a higher tier than what tier their original counterparts are.

Cons: It'll make people grind mastery so they'll complain.

Pros: Better versions of a weapon would require the player to put in some effort to use.

^

Yea, some may complain. But like I said before. There's literally no incentive to actually rank up one's MR unless you want to use a Syndicate weapon.

3 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

^

Yea, some may complain. But like I said before. There's literally no incentive to actually rank up one's MR unless you want to use a Syndicate weapon.

Appart from making stronger variants feel deserved, it'll also help immensely with powercreep as the weapons who are just vastly outshadowing others in their type would be restricted to higher mastery giving your arsenal a feel of advancement as you get stronger gear.

3 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

Well, they do have them, they are just all very low >.>

I think for the Soma P its Mr3? While the regular is 7 or 8?

Don't know if someone has pointed it out, but Soma P has an MR requirement of 6, like the regular Soma.

Actually tbh as we are talking about the MR here we also should keep the relevant topics along side which will help it to be complete like weapons and their stat revisions. If we are saying that MR classifications should be implemented then all the lower-mid weapons should be revisited at the same time as well so that players from those tier dont feel like they are left alone giving the most priorities to the top end players only. If all the junc and MR fodder weapons are rebalanced for the damage and overall stats then all players will be encouraged to play them as some of us still have some liking to those kinda weapons for their either appearance or design or theme or a particular specialty (prisma skana for say).

Edited by AhmadIYE

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

MR lock for weapon is cancer. It should be removed from the game completely. 

So you're telling me that a MR2 should be able to use a weapon that can shred through lv100+ Corrupted Bombards and completely destroy everything at lower levels?

Like if the game wasn't already unbalanced.

5 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

So you're telling me that a MR2 should be able to use a weapon that can shred through lv100+ Corrupted Bombards and completely destroy everything at lower levels?

and dont forget, a MR-lock is usefull to let you actually feel progression, without a MR lock you have nothing really to aim for. I for example once had the galantine as target, was funn trying to get that high (without exploiting stuff) on a new account.

10 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

So a low MR player should use a weak@ss weapon and get torn apart by high level enemies while high MR players are free to spam an OP weapon and destroy everything on their way with little effort? "Balance" at its best :D It's not like those weapons born god-like. They still need a considerable amount of investment, no difference for new players. If a weapon is broken, one should try to fix it, not keep it only to yourself. MR can't even reflect the actual skill level or in-game experience of the player, all it can tell is how many MR fodder you have used.

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

So a low MR player should use a weak@ss weapon and get torn apart by high level enemies while high MR players are free to spam an OP weapon and destroy everything on their way with little effort? "Balance" at its best :D It's not like those weapons born god-like. They still need a considerable amount of investment, no difference for new players. If a weapon is broken, one should try to fix it, not keep it only to yourself. MR can't even reflect the actual skill level or in-game experience of the player, all it can tell is how many MR fodder you have used.

New players shouldn't be on high end content at the start so they won't get torn apart. Also, good guns should be available but some mastery gap must exist between variants of the same gun at least.

9 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

A low MR player shouldn't be in high level areas, first of all. Progression, it's a thing in many if not all games. Work is rewarded by unlocking much more useful and powerful means to completing game objectives. MR in fact does not reflect skill, but it reflects amount of grinding and work a player has placed into the game. For the people that worked hard to grind to get these weapons, to get to the point where they shoot Bombards at lvl 100 into smithereens with one shot, it is wholly unfair to see someone just get the same kind of power by simply removing the MR locks on these powerful weapons.

Having a MR 15 player using the Vaykor Hek is not "balance" - it's reward. Relative to progression, rewards a should reflect just how much you've worked to get to that point in the game.

Plus, new players are engaged with milestones if the milestones (or MR in this case) unlock weapons capable of unleashing massive amounts of damage.

Edited by pikaseechu

9 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

There is a progess system in the game, new players shouldn't be playing high level missions to begin with.