Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creepiest Anime?

oOSinox

For clarification I don't mean the bloodiest nor goriest and not the most grotesque. (And, I know creepy can sometimes fall under those categories) I mean straight up the most unsettling, nightmare inducing anime or scene in one that you have ever seen. 

Off of the top of my head the best i can think of is Another atmospherically. My close second would be Spirited Away seeing as some of the scenes gave me nightmares as a child, not so phased by them anymore.

You could also say that this scene from Mirai Nikki was quite disturbing but most of that show was pretty damn cool so I'll give that a pass.

Spoiler

d190102fc1cbeef889be085705cde200.gif

Also, you can leave spoilers in this thread as long as you make use of the spoiler window like I have.

EDIT: Yea...thanks for derailing my thread, guys. Lmao.

Edited by oOSinox

1 hour ago, (PS4)AngelShur said:

Boku No Pico

Reveal hidden contents

52x3l5t4lugdahk4up4eoh2ma32y6g2i_hq.jpg

Any hints as to why?

Also, @OP Spirited Away? Granted, you might've been a child, but I found that surprising. Especially with the catchy and calming music you generally heard.

Just now, Naith said:

Any hints as to why?

Also, @OP Spirited Away? Granted, you might've been a child, but I found that surprising. Especially with the catchy and calming music you generally heard.

It was the pig scene and the rolley heads scene. (there was something way off about that to me back then.) And then I saw that spider legged old man. At that point I just turned the tv off cause I was really arachnophobic. I have gone back and re-watched it now and tbh it's really good now. I just had a weak mind at age 8.

14 minutes ago, oOSinox said:

It was the pig scene and the rolley heads scene. (there was something way off about that to me back then.) And then I saw that spider legged old man. At that point I just turned the tv off cause I was really arachnophobic. I have gone back and re-watched it now and tbh it's really good now. I just had a weak mind at age 8.

Yeah thought the pig scene might be one reason. Forgot about the heads and spider legs too.

Might have to check out 'Another'. Looks interesting. Always a fan of stuff which portrays a decent and interesting atmosphere and it looks like that might be one.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AngelShur said:

Boku No Pico

Reveal hidden contents

After seeing PDP's youtube reaction and reading the comments, I really regret wacking it into google or trying to find it on kissanime now. Though I was unsuccessful in finding something concrete, thankfully. I had no idea what I was doing x_x

Edited by Naith

Id probably go for Another....I've watched like 150+ anime and very few of them are creepy, since horror since the most popular anime type (looking at you fanservice crap >.>) 

also, if you want a creepy, awesome, brilliant story, check out ' Shinsekai Yori ' (or ' from the new world '). It's creepy I guess, more like out of the ordinary, but it's just so awesome, the music is amazing too 

also for creepy anime, watch Mushishi. Every episode has a different story, the stories are weird but very good and entertaining. It also has some comedy here and there. By far my most favorite anime 

Edited by Kenshin98

hmm, anime? i have non, but there is one japanese horror game,where you just have to press the left directional key and watch the show, no cheap inyourface jumpscare, just some creepy ghost sightings enough to make you feel anxious about your surroundings, its name is tsugunohi (The Next day) not sure if anyone played this game and uploaded it on youtube but i have the link if you can read japanese 

11 hours ago, oOSinox said:

You could also say that this scene from Mirai Nikki was quite disturbing but most of that show was pretty damn cool so I'll give that a pass.

Reveal hidden contents

d190102fc1cbeef889be085705cde200.gif

How is this disturbing? She's just watching bae. :3

11 hours ago, (PS4)AngelShur said:

Boku No Pico

Reveal hidden contents

As for BnP, I don't really get the hate/hype surrounding it. I've seen some of the first episode (if it was that), and it's just another cheesy-ish hentai aimed towards guys into guy/guy sex scenes, that's all there is to it in my opinion. There's a ton of memes floating around such as the one linked here, don't get me wrong that's far from my 'cup of tea', but it didn't make me think it was the worst possible thing in existence. Dunno, guess I'm too open-minded.

50 minutes ago, Lyhtmyst said:

How is this disturbing? She's just watching bae. :3

As for BnP, I don't really get the hate/hype surrounding it. I've seen some of the first episode (if it was that), and it's just another cheesy-ish hentai aimed towards guys into guy/guy sex scenes, that's all there is to it in my opinion. There's a ton of memes floating around such as the one linked here, don't get me wrong that's far from my 'cup of tea', but it didn't make me think it was the worst possible thing in existence. Dunno, guess I'm too open-minded.

You just watched the first episode? You didn't go further? Because I think if you don't get the hype/disgust, you should go further...

49 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

*throws hundreds of dumplings into the air to counter metros attack*

WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? YOU WANT TO BE COVERED IN MORE FRYER GREASE?

*shields self from dumpling rain with solidified mcdonald's pink slime umbrella*

1 hour ago, 321agemo said:

I like how anything anime related thread, i can expect to see metrocop and wind here.

Higuarshi and umineko were kinda disturbing.

I come to these posts because I'm genuinely interested. I don't know why Metro comes to these places...I blatantly typed in all caps (not all caps)"anime" on my threads title, and she's stayed for the past 50 pages in blatant denial of what the thread is really supposed to be about :p

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Blatantly

1 minute ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I come to these posts because I'm genuinely interested. I don't know why Metro comes to these places...I blatantly typed in all caps "anime" on my threads title, and she's stayed for the past 50 pages in blatant denial of what the thread is really supposed to be about :p

She's Tsundere to anime.