The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Almighty Minigun?

Cephalon_Elyksis

42 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

Assuming the weapon makes you immobile while firing or wielding, this would be a mechanic fitting of the Corpus, so even that can't be ruled out. I only suggested we didn't have to use that because we're talking a Grineer weapon, because the Corpus are Defensive and the Grineer are Offensive.

Grineer have inplaced turrets as a faction already. 

This reminds me of a Devstream where DE showed a Primary weapon that could be used as a laser gun or javelin. they said "we want to redefine what a primary weapon is". Maybe Gattling guns could be added if they were powerful enough to occupy your primary and secondary slot? (you know, due to its heavy nature. More firepower, less versatility)

I like the idea of a weapon in a similar fashion of the Heavy class in TF2, the problem is... the theme. It kinda doesn't fit with the ninja-thing we have, with parkour and all. However, we still go around carrying a Jat Kittag with an Opticor and some secondary sooooooo why not? there should be a way to make it work. if they're thinking about a "melee-primary" then why the Hek no?

Also, i'd like to see grineer/corpus units using that! imagine a giant Corpus mecha with energy gattling guns. that could be an awesome boss battle.

8 hours ago, Arandabido said:

This reminds me of a Devstream where DE showed a Primary weapon that could be used as a laser gun or javelin. they said "we want to redefine what a primary weapon is". Maybe Gattling guns could be added if they were powerful enough to occupy your primary and secondary slot? (you know, due to its heavy nature. More firepower, less versatility)

I like the idea of a weapon in a similar fashion of the Heavy class in TF2, the problem is... the theme. It kinda doesn't fit with the ninja-thing we have, with parkour and all. However, we still go around carrying a Jat Kittag with an Opticor and some secondary sooooooo why not? there should be a way to make it work. if they're thinking about a "melee-primary" then why the Hek no?

Also, i'd like to see grineer/corpus units using that! imagine a giant Corpus mecha with energy gattling guns. that could be an awesome boss battle.

Ninja theme? Ehm.... Im going to say one thing: Tonkor. Give that a ninja theme XD

9 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

The main real problem with such a drawback is similar to what happens in DOOM on the higher difficulties: you stop for a second, you get destroyed in a couple hits. Cornering up in a wall or corner simply doesn't cover all the angles, and as you stated a windup might mean death.

I can understand that you feel like this is a problem, but the gorgon and practically any other weapon have this issue at high levels, dont pay attention or slow your pace for a sec and youre the one whose getting cooked, so the heavyline of enemies isnt really an issue IMO

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/08/2016 at 0:04 AM, AsmundTheUndying said:

Faction: Grineer.
Type: Primary.
Fire-type: Automatic Spin-up.

-Damage-
Puncture: 25
Impact: 30
Slash: 25
Total: 80 Damage per Bullet.

Crit Chance: 20%
Status Chance: 30%
Crit Multiplier: 3x? Maybe lower? I mean, its a Minigun so... And still, its a concept.

Max Ammo: 2400.
Magazine Capacity: 800.
Rounds per Second: 50.
Note that the minigun spins up over 4 seconds.

I love miniguns. However; 50rps would mean 3k rpm....

Anyways, your stats are a bit high. It's a minigun, not a riflemachinegun. 

It should be 10-40damage per bullet. 

You forgot accuracy. 1.3

Status and crit chance cannot be above 10% you're spraying 3000rpm. That means 300on average will crit. And a red crit minigun shouldn't be possible. So I suggest 1-10% crit multiplier can be high 2x-5x

Status same 1-15%

Punch through 1-3meters. ? 

Ammo 3000

Capacity 1000

Rps 1 when fully charged /spin /revved 100

Reload 10seconds. 

Secondary fire minigun doesn't spin, instead shoots from all chamber Simultaneously behaving like a shotgun? 

Fires 5x the shots multiplied by total amount of chambers and are treated as pellets. 

I can't be asked to do the stats for secondary fire. :D

Movement penalty of 70% (thus making people use rush and other mobility mods :D) 

Edited by ScorpioneITA

I would really love using one of these, not full size, but a portable one, similar to how they are used on S4 league, they slow you down while firing, but when not in use they become smaller and you can move normally with it on your back, its way too satisfying to rain death and lead on your enemies with one minigun

Edited by Xolot

We have mini miniguns. Cestra. Dual cestra. Supra is pretty close. But more weapon variety can always be fun.

as for mobility, automatic spoiling weapons already restrict that- you can't roll or sprint while firing, no matter the weapon. Bullet jumping you can, and wall running / clinging. But rolling and sprinting are the second most used mobility mechanics, after bullet jumping. Mobility wouldn't be an issue, balance wise.