Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A good computer for Warframe?

Azamagon

Question

So, I'm planning on buying a new computer, cuz my now quite old computer can't play new Warframe missions (longer Lua missions, Void fissures, Raids, anything of the new stuff pretty much crashes my computer 100% of the time).

Any tips of computer specs I should get so Warframe runs flawlessly?

EDIT; Oh yeah, and I can't get onto relays with more than a handful of people, because then I get a "Insufficient Video Memory" crash (using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, which should have 2GB memory, I think)

EDIT 2: My current specs (tell me if I need to tell more info!)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @2.66Ghz
RAM: 4 GB
Systemtype: 32-bit operating system
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Edited by Azamagon

23 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

So, I'm planning on buying a new computer, cuz my now quite old computer can't play new Warframe missions (longer Lua missions, Void fissures, Raids, anything of the new stuff pretty much crashes my computer 100% of the time).

Any tips of computer specs I should get so Warframe runs flawlessly? 

Hi, sorry my first reply glitched. But anyways, any pc with a decent gpu.  For playing other newer games and warframe at 1080p and 60 to 80 fps maxed everything in settings, I'd get the gtx 1060 for 200 dollars( custom company models like Asus cost more but give higher clock speeds and cooling.  Cpu wise, depends on your budget. I would pick up an I5 if your gaming only. If you code or edit photos/video, then an I7. An I5 6600k is getting cheaper and cheaper. That's if your doing 1080p. If your doing 1440p, then id use a gtx 1070. The gtx 1060 might even be able to run at 1440p because it is a pretty powerful card and warframe is getting old, graphics wise. 

If u need any questions, post in this thread and I'll be happy to answer. I build custom pc's btw so I can help u with any part or build one for you, or just give advice

Edited by (PS4)robonot2
Fixing spelling error and fixed gpu name

1 minute ago, Azamagon said:

Thanks for the tips! :)

Meanwhile, maybe I should tell you my current specs? I'll update the OP

Yea, the gtx 660ti is a terrible card now. It can barely run games at 720p, 30fps on all low. The gtx 1060 would blow it out of the water and be probably 3 to 4x more powerful depending on the model/version. I would  not buy the 750ti because for new games, that will not be able to run them. Just pick up a 1060. You can build an entire pc without the monitor with a 1060 for 700 dollars or maybe less if you have some parts already. And that can run all new and upcoming games at 1080p ultra maxed 60 to 80fps

1 minute ago, (PS4)robonot2 said:

That was enough specs but what is your cpu? Im assuming that is also out of date too

Guess you missed it (it's already in the OP):

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @2.66Ghz

Edited by Azamagon

That cpu is alright but might bottleneck the 1060. That ram should also be 16gb for all the Newest and current games. That is 40 to 70 dollars. I would get the Kingston HyperX Fury 2x 8g sticks, which is one of the best and fastest ram sticks for the price (60 to 70 dollars for 16gb)

5 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

So you would recommend both a RAM upgrade and a GPU upgrade?

get your ram to at least 8gb and if you're going for 1080p get a rx480 or gtx1060. If you plan on getting a new cpu you'll be forced to upgrade your motherboard as well.

If your motherboard is using DDR2 RAM you might as well upgrade everything

2 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Hide contents

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @2.66Ghz
RAM: 4 GB
Systemtype: 32-bit operating system
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

your main Problem is the ram (8-16gb is nowadays needed for -every- games) ... gtx 660ti should be ~okay (not good).. but if not i can surely say a gtx 760ti would fit and runs everything in warframe on max..

But also .. it seems that recent updates makes some Drivers of different graphic Cards go crashing .. they fixed mine last update --  i dont know abou you..

gtx 760 ti - highly recommended..

BUT if you also want Play Things like overwatch on Ultra Settings with 100% scaling .. (or fallout 4) then check out the gtx 960..

- i used both of them once with 16gb ram-

currently 960 .. and mate ..You wouldnt drive better and cheaper (i guess) - stay on nvidia (my opinion)

-and 64 bit system change wouldnt be bad..  i can see that you didnt upgrade your pc for a loong time

EDIT: if you want i can send you my full System specs (you wouldnt drive bad mate)

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

This game seems to be CPU hungry so great GPU wont help you at all if you have bad CPU.

This PC will run warframe on 1080p 60 fps all the time.. you do not need gtx 1060 or rx 480 for warframe!

Intel Core i3 6100 3.70GHz 

ASUS H110M

DDR4 Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 2133MHz 

nVidia GTX750Ti 2GB GDDR5

300$

This game runs on a E7400 processor, with 4GB DDR2 RAM, and a GT610, all these specs are terrible and I've still played it for over a year, your specs should be able to max it out on 1080p and a constant 60fps, load times might not be great, but it will be a very smooth experience.

Edited by Praxxor

5 minutes ago, Silver-Kush said:

This game seems to be CPU hungry so great GPU wont help you at all if you have bad CPU.

This PC will run warframe on 1080p 60 fps all the time.. you do not need gtx 1060 or rx 480 for warframe!

Intel Core i3 6100 3.70GHz 

ASUS H110M

DDR4 Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 2133MHz 

nVidia GTX750Ti 2GB GDDR5

300$

I don't think you know but the RX480 is 120$ on the AMD website

3 minutes ago, Dumfing said:

I don't think you know but the RX480 is 120$ on the AMD website

Well in my country you need to pay 369$ for that card. If i buy it via AMD website they will charge me delivery fee + i'll have to pay 25% tax when it comes here so.. It's good for americans maybe but for most people in EU isn't.

Card price proof (cheapest one):http://www.instar-informatika.hr/search.asp?upit=rx 480

Convert HRK to dollars: http://hr.coinmill.com/HRK_USD.html#HRK=2,494.76 Kn

the 660 ti is more than capable of running the game, your problem seems to be the ram  or your computer setting is on efficiency (power saving) and not performance.

do a MSCONFIG and turn off all  non Microsoft services / apps running at start up to free up some memory.

my card is a 560ti and this game is no problem with 4gb of KHX  ( built this system when EVGA 790 board came out) << its still kicking azz and plays all the new titles.

make sure  gc is updated. my monitor is 1080p @ 60 fps constant.

you seems to have all sorts of stuff that is memory intensive running at all times when playing.

Edited by ranks21

31 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

the 660 ti is more than capable of running the game, your problem seems to be the ram  or your computer setting is on efficiency (power saving) and not performance.

do a MSCONFIG and turn off all  non Microsoft services / apps running at start up to free up some memory.

my card is a 560ti and this game is no problem with 4gb of KHX  ( built this system when EVGA 790 board came out) << its still kicking azz and plays all the new titles.

make sure  gc is updated. my monitor is 1080p @ 60 fps constant.

you seems to have all sorts of stuff that is memory intensive running at all times when playing.

If you have DDR3 RAM then upgrade it to 8gb, if you have DDR2 RAM you should be looking for a new CPU and Motherboard as well as 8GB DDR3 RAM

Before I decide to do anything, here are some notes when talking about it with support.

* They think it can be a CPU throttling issue. I'll quote further: "The old 9400s are too far above our minimum specs, and when they get temperature throttled, I think it would automatically remove you, if not suffer from stability issues"

* Another possibility could be "faulty memory in your system" which I have to check out first.

* Third possibility: "look out for Hard drive data corruption issues caused by a faulty drive as it may cause Windows instability and consequently crashes of software and hardware". Gotta check that out too first :/

26 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Before I decide to do anything, here are some notes when talking about it with support.

* They think it can be a CPU throttling issue. I'll quote further: "The old 9400s are too far above our minimum specs, and when they get temperature throttled, I think it would automatically remove you, if not suffer from stability issues"

* Another possibility could be "faulty memory in your system" which I have to check out first.

* Third possibility: "look out for Hard drive data corruption issues caused by a faulty drive as it may cause Windows instability and consequently crashes of software and hardware". Gotta check that out too first :/

Depending on your Motherboard you can set your CPU throttle via software using Windows Power Management > Select Performance Mode. Select Change Power Settings, then Adv Power settings. Scroll to CPU and make sure min and max values are set to 100. On the Firmware level you have to enter your Bios and disable SpeedStep sometimes called Cstate specifically C1E I believe is the one you want disabled. If this is a laptop changing these setting will drain your battery faster, though it should have separate power settings for plugged in and battery.

Testing memory can be done rather easily using Memtest 95.

Hard drive requires an even more time consuming surface scan using chkdisk.